All Ireland Senior Football Championship Quarter Finals Draw

Started by drici, July 27, 2013, 07:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: Schkite on July 27, 2013, 09:21:41 PM
When are the times and dates announced for these?

expect it to be a dragged out affair

yellowcard

It never ceases to amaze me how people get so upset over these 'pundits' predictions. I think McStay is giving his genuine opinion but I can't agree with it. Malachi O'Rourke teaches in Tyrone and will have a plan to beat them. I fancy Monaghan to beat Tyrone (hope that doesn't upset any Tyrone posters!) and progress into uncharted end territory.

GrandMasterFlash

I don't think Malachy and the Monaghan players will mind too much. They alternatives are Cork or Cavan with Cavan possibly being marginally handier, but not much... Tyrone have been a bogey team for a lot of our older lads but Walshe, Wylie, Donaghy, Malone, K Hughes etc. won't give a f00k about that..

I would say they'll have no problem getting up for this game and if they do then they'll give Tyrone one hell of a rattle. In fairness to Tyrone, they just about got over the line this evening. I know that game will have brought them on but I still think our lads will rattle them..

J OGorman

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 27, 2013, 09:09:26 PM
I have a strange feeling Kerry have a good run at this, and could win again this yr, they are not been talked about and it suits them down to the ground

Ive the garden shed on Kerry

joemamas

Quote from: J OGorman on July 27, 2013, 09:30:40 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 27, 2013, 09:09:26 PM
I have a strange feeling Kerry have a good run at this, and could win again this yr, they are not been talked about and it suits them down to the ground

Ive the garden shed on Kerry

Just had a sizable bet on them at -4pts at 4/5 PPower

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 27, 2013, 08:52:49 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 27, 2013, 08:47:22 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 27, 2013, 08:44:17 PM
Massive test for Mayo against the reigning All-Ireland champions.
You will be grand sure you beat the last two defending All Ireland champions. Should also beat Monaghan or Tyrone so another All Ireland final for Mayo.
What happened in the past 2 years is irrelevant. Donegal have a 100% record against us.

How irrelevant is a result in 1992? Donegal are not in the form of last year and Mayo should beat the defending champions for a third year in row.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on July 27, 2013, 09:07:04 PM
Hopefully it will be Donegal, Monaghan Cavan and Cork
Hoever in reality it will be :-
Mayowr, Tyrone( Monaghan won their AI last week and will find it hard to come down from the bus tours etc) with Mwr to win the Semi.
Kerry and Dublin will meet in the other Semi but if Cork can get it right for once they could beat Dublin before losing to Kerry.
Kerry to beat Mwr in the Final

I see you're still very anti-Mayo then... :-*
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Westside

Surprised at that handicap for the Cavan game. Thought we'd be at least 8 or 9 points. On today's display if we keep it to single figures we'll be doing quite well.

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 27, 2013, 09:44:22 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 27, 2013, 09:07:04 PM
Hopefully it will be Donegal, Monaghan Cavan and Cork
Hoever in reality it will be :-
Mayowr, Tyrone( Monaghan won their AI last week and will find it hard to come down from the bus tours etc) with Mwr to win the Semi.
Kerry and Dublin will meet in the other Semi but if Cork can get it right for once they could beat Dublin before losing to Kerry.
Kerry to beat Mwr in the Final

I see you're still very anti-Mayo then... :-*
Nothing against Mayo. :-* :-* :-*
However that fcukin Mayowestros football team.... ;D ;D
Ye should be alright though - Syfínín has ye  winning Sam the year.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

redhandluke

Semi Final predictions:-
Dublin
Monaghan
Kerry
Mayo

Final predictions
Kerry
Mayo

AIF Winners
Kerry by 14 points   :( :( :(

From the Bunker

Quote from: redhandluke on July 28, 2013, 12:25:20 AM
Semi Final predictions:-
Dublin
Monaghan
Kerry
Mayo

Final predictions
Kerry
Mayo

AIF Winners
Kerry by 14 points   :( :( :(

You are out by 7 years!

Jell 0 Biafra

Dubs to beat Cork, Kerry and lose to Mayo in the final.

Archie Mitchell

Given the quarter final lineups and potential semi finals, great offer on gaa.tickets.ie for both quarter final days and both semi finals for €85. Each quarter final is €30 each and the semi final could be at least €40.

Itchy

Is there any point Cavan turning up?

I struggle to understand why Cavan have no hope against Kerry yet Monaghan could beat Tyrone. Cavan ran Monaghan to a point in their own ground. If Tyrone were playing Kerry the experts would call it 50:50.

No matter, raging outsiders will suit us fine. Our biggest problem is we look so heavy legged against London.

gwan-ye-boy-ya

All-Ireland SFC quarter-final draw:
Saturday, 3 August

Monaghan v Tyrone, 5pm
Dublin v Cork, 7pm
Sunday 4 August
Kerry v Cavan, 2pm
Mayo v Donegal, 4pm