Wildweasel74

u must be brutal the day compared to the team played Derry last week

Denn Forever

Or London are better than Derry?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

lawnseed

any sign of mr grimley is this plan a or b  maybe hes taking notes ::)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Tubberman

Oh My GOD what a fckign miss!!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Wildweasel74

15mins to go, 2pts in it, sitter missed there, Cavan no where good as we thought, could get an eye opener next day out!mayo beat this team in 3rd gear by 15pts and missed a bagful!

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Asal Mor

Wildweasel74

Ronnie rosenthal all them yrs ago lol

Tubberman

Cavan running out comfortable winners with a big swing in last few mins with the two goal chances. Don't think any of the provincial winners will be cursing their luck if they get Cavan in the draw this evening!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Maguire01

Quote from: Tubberman on July 27, 2013, 04:31:22 PM
Cavan running out comfortable winners with a big swing in last few mins with the two goal chances. Don't think any of the provincial winners will be cursing their luck if they get Cavan in the draw this evening!
Cavan will be hoping for Monaghan, then Mayo. If Dublin or Kerry get Cavan, it could be a blood-bath.

ross4life

Mayo 16 scores v London 10 scores, Cavan did better today  :P

Seriously though last weekends extra time took plenty out of Cavan & next weekend they have to go at it again v a rested side.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

crossfire

What was the final score.?

bottom brick

Some lads need to get a grip, this was Cavan's first win in Croke Park for 61 years, no pressure lads! It was poor stuff from Cavan at times but they were nervous and definitely a bit naive. They tried too hard to get a goal when a point would've been far handier. We still won it well and the result was never in doubt. Great to see the subs doing well, McVeety was involved in everything when he came on
Shoot for dough, pass for show...

Westside

We were awful for about 50 minutes, so many basic errors. Keating's miss was the worst miss I have ever seen in any game I've ever been to, absolutely astonishing that he could miss from there. Mackey didn't look interested, looked lethargic and worn out. Corr showed good leadership to kick two points when we were under pressure before half time. McVeety was excellent when he came on and McDermott was very good too, in fairness to Mackey he took the finger out for the final push and did well. Killian Clarke was man of the match for me, for a lad that's had a long year he looked really up for the fight and saved our skins a number of times. O'Meara was excellent to and made a save towards the end that was very important in staving off a nervous finish.

If we get Dublin I think it will be an absolute blood bath. Any of the rest would hammer us too based on this showing. Big improvement needed. But please, not Dublin in the draw.

thebuzz

I didn't see the game but I'd say Cavan perhaps don't carry the favourite tag too well (Derry don't anyway). It will suit them going in as major underdogs against Kerry and I think they'll give a good account of themselves.