Galway v Armagh

Started by illdecide, July 15, 2013, 09:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Armagh can beat Galway although I'd rather have had them at home but the winner has  Cork and that's the toughest game available. ..but at least we'll know how far down the road our development is at.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: illdecide on July 15, 2013, 09:47:40 AM
Armagh can beat Galway although I'd rather have had them at home but the winner has  Cork and that's the toughest game available. ..but at least we'll know how far down the road our development is at.
Unless there is a monumental improvement on our championship performances YTD, it is hard to see past an Armagh victory.  Cork in the following round will be a step too far though, even for Armagh. 

Armaghgeddon

I like this game, Galway are going to be a tough team to play and both teams are very capable of beating each other. No matter who wins though Cork are going through.

David McKeown

I quite like this draw.  An easy draw to a qf would likely result in humiliation at that stage where as a competitive game against Galway will probably do more for long term development.  If we get lucky and win that one then whilst Cork will doubtlessly beat us, theyll be at least 3 weeks removed from their last game and I wouldnt expect a humiliation there.  Galway is the only game we have left though at the minute no point thinking ahead
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

naka

Both teams will fancy their chances in this game
I will say the orchard have more momentum at present but unfortunately for  both their seasons will ultimately be over the following week.

illdecide

a big if...but if armagh were to beat Galway by 7-8 pts and put in a really good performance would it raise your expectations of beating cork? to me cork on their day would beat any team but they can be unpredictable. ..so in all of this analysis Galway will beat us by 6...lol.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

GalwayBayBoy

Don't think Armagh are that great a side but Galway have been chronic lately (even in the 2 games they actually won). Barring a major improvement from Galway I cant see how Armagh don't win this by 5 or 6 points. The goal fest against Leitrim will have given them a nice shot of confidence even if Leitrim were already thinking about their holidays.

Armaghgeddon

PAULD123

Great draw for Armagh. Armagh have improved since the league, Galway have gone backwards.

Have to hand it to Armagh you are improving and should win the next match.

Syferus

Galway are fully capable of pulling the rug from under the Grim reaper. If anything it should be expected Galway will turn in a good performance at this stage. They're no world beaters but their stock is below what they realistically should be at while Armagh's is above what it should really be at. It'll be close.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: David McKeown on July 15, 2013, 10:29:07 AM
I quite like this draw.  An easy draw to a qf would likely result in humiliation at that stage where as a competitive game against Galway will probably do more for long term development.  If we get lucky and win that one then whilst Cork will doubtlessly beat us, theyll be at least 3 weeks removed from their last game and I wouldnt expect a humiliation there.  Galway is the only game we have left though at the minute no point thinking ahead

Whatever happened to loving your county and believing in the near impossible. Galway will be tough but I think we can beat them. Then as underdogs we can perhaps pull off a shock and beat Cork (ala us v fermanagh '04). Shocking the defeatist attitude some supporters have. I'm loving that we are still in the c'ship and at present i'm promising the sun, moon and stars to wifey to get out of a prior engagment so I can hightail my ass to Salthill. Mon Armagh

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Syferus on July 15, 2013, 01:54:35 PM
Galway are fully capable of pulling the rug from under the Grim reaper. If anything it should be expected Galway will turn in a good performance at this stage. They're no world beaters but their stock is below what they realistically should be at while Armagh's is above what it should really be at. It'll be close.

Who put out Roscommon? I must have missed their exit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2013, 01:58:33 PM

Touchy. It's not my fault another Connacht team may piss into your bran flakes.

DuffleKing

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 15, 2013, 01:48:56 PM
Great draw for Armagh. Armagh have improved since the league, Galway have gone backwards.

Have to hand it to Armagh you are improving and should win the next match.

We have no idea whether we've improved or not and i'm not sure we'll know after this game either. Galway have been awful to be fair

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Syferus on July 15, 2013, 02:00:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 15, 2013, 01:58:33 PM

Touchy. It's not my fault another Connacht team may piss into your bran flakes.

You'll find he's not from Armagh but has noticed that you're a puke for pukes sake. In what ways are Armagh above the level that it should be at? And what is this perceived level?