Dublin vs Meath - Leinster Final

Started by Jinxy, June 30, 2013, 11:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

RTE claiming there are allegations of another biting incident against the Dubs.

muppet

Quote from: J70 on July 20, 2014, 05:59:23 PM

It would need to be against about 25 of them.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Well, the Dubs do take their cue from soccer.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

From the Bunker

Quote from: armaghniac on July 20, 2014, 06:03:14 PM

I thought the only sport you could take a cue from was Snooker!  ;D

INDIANA

Well we aren't the ones who wear Orange jersies

squire_in_navy_slacks

We will get our hands on your lot at some stage, never gets old watching geezer scratching his piles on the line

armaghniac

Quote from: INDIANA on July 20, 2014, 06:31:54 PM

Well we aren't the ones who wear Orange jersies

True blues, you are.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

INDIANA

Quote from: thejuice on July 20, 2014, 05:32:38 PM
Very disappointed reading the scoreline. Haven't seen the game yet.

It will be interesting to see how other teams get on against Dublin before we start criticising our own lads. Not a time for pointing fingers as I doubt tactics were a problem.

As for Mickey Burke getting bit, well it means feck all to the outcome of the game but if there is evidence and a case to be made then so be it someone needs punishing but it means f**k all really.

The book should be thrown at any player if it transpires he did that. Can't condone that carry on.

Hopefully Burke will be done for the 4-5 punches he landed on one of the Dublin players in the same incident.

Sea The Stars

I'm sure Mick O'Dowd will have been happy to address any points regarding Meath's performance. However if there's an incident as serious as a biting one, he's entitled to draw attention to it.

Also going over the top to say this is the worst Meath team ever. Typical post match reaction after a big defeat like that. Meath are still in the last 12 with a very winnable match against Armagh to go further.

INDIANA

Quote from: Sea The Stars on July 20, 2014, 06:39:45 PM
I'm sure Mick O'Dowd will have been happy to address any points regarding Meath's performance. However if there's an incident as serious as a biting one, he's entitled to draw attention to it.

Also going over the top to say this is the worst Meath team ever. Typical post match reaction after a big defeat like that. Meath are still in the last 12 with a very winnable match against Armagh to go further.

By far and away the worst Meath team I've ever seen. I can't recall a more gutless display from them.

Meath always threw the kitchen sink at teams even on their worst days. But they threw the towel in a long time from the final whistle in this game.

Serious questions need to be asked about their S&C - way off the pace.

Plus they went man to man which is O Dowd's fault. Kildare showed you couldn't do that last year so he obviously learned nothing from watching it.

Sea The Stars

Meath have had performances like that recently Indiana. As well, there's no point exaggerating the situation. The game was gone at half-time and Meath played like they realised that in the second half.

As regards S&C Jason Ryan was impressed by it. Although I did think myself Meath players seemed very slow and they were pushed off the ball easily at times too.

It's funny how people read games. A lot of the comments on my Twitter were of people saying Meath set up too defensively. I think everyone is confused how teams play. Man on man and blanket defences are buzz words now. I thought myself Meath's tactics weren't the problem but players performing badly was a huge problem.

squire_in_navy_slacks

Id say Reilly bit Burkes finger  ::), ufc type gouge from him

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/890091/

INDIANA

Quote from: Sea The Stars on July 20, 2014, 06:54:54 PM
Meath have had performances like that recently Indiana. As well, there's no point exaggerating the situation. The game was gone at half-time and Meath played like they realised that in the second half.

As regards S&C Jason Ryan was impressed by it. Although I did think myself Meath players seemed very slow and they were pushed off the ball easily at times too.

It's funny how people read games. A lot of the comments on my Twitter were of people saying Meath set up too defensively. I think everyone is confused how teams play. Man on man and blanket defences are buzz words now. I thought myself Meath's tactics weren't the problem but players performing badly was a huge problem.

Well I watched your wing backs follow Flynn and Connolly deep into the Dublin half on countless occasions. If you do that you must win the midfield battle. Now neither Dublin player were great today so that part of the plan may have worked.

But it what did was leave acres of space for our forwards. When you play like that you must dominate possession and you didn't unfortunately. PLus you'd too many turnovers up front. You needed big games from Carroll and Reilly really. O Rourke is a fine player but he hasn't the pace for midfield. I'd question getting rid of all of Farrell, Sheridan and King so soon- at least as bench options.

You funnelled men back into a ring on the Diamond but when you turned it over your players couldn't bring the ball forward at pace at all for some reason. Eventually lads at the back got tired and gaps appeared. C'est la vie.

But whatever about tactics I've never seen a Math team pack it in so early.

Laois did it best against us they nullified us on posession especially from kick-outs for 40 minutes.

Whitnail

Very disappointing from Meath.

Although Meath didn't turn up,you still have to give credit to Dublin. It's probably mentally challenging going into games such heavy odds-on favourites yet I think they've managed to beat the bookies handicap on every occasion .
Today they also rectified the  going behind early situation. You can only play what's in front of you and Gavin manages to keep them hungry and happy at the same time considering he has near two teams to pick from ...thats alot if expectation to manage.

squire_in_navy_slacks