Childcare

Started by Hereiam, May 28, 2013, 10:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Shockin stuff on that programme. If I got anyone handling any of my kids like that I would reach for them

AZOffaly

Thinking the same thing. That bitch that was throwing the kids around and roaring at them to go to sleep would get my toe up the hole at least, woman or not. Absolute tr**p.

gerrykeegan

It's very hard to watch. Three hours sitting in a seat, that's cruelty in any book
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

AZOffaly

See the poor child trying to walk around strapped in the chair? No doubt it's a tough job, but some of the stuff there was just people completely unsuited for that job. Screaming at kids, chaining them to their chairs. Sickening.

All of a Sludden

I had to turn it off, sickening.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

laoislad

Horrible stuff. Very hard to watch
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

comethekingdom

f**king cnuts !!! -  I know childer can sometimes irritate you but these people are PAID to look after kids !!!

muppet

RTE Player only has the 'discussion' chaired by Claire Byrne which consists of a panel being constantly interrupted while trying to answer obviously loaded questions. Can anyone point me to the footage of the creches?
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2013, 10:33:06 PM
Thinking the same thing. That bitch that was throwing the kids around and roaring at them to go to sleep would get my toe up the hole at least, woman or not. Absolute tr**p.

I was waiting for The Undertaker's music to hit. She was body slamming those kids better than Randy Savage.

Some of it was real hand-on-the-mouth stuff by the 'experts' but there was plenty of terrible behaviour by staff. Those creches might as well shut down tomorrow and save themselves a losing battle of trying to continue operating.

Hereiam

Quote from: muppet on May 29, 2013, 12:31:28 AM
RTE Player only has the 'discussion' chaired by Claire Byrne which consists of a panel being constantly interrupted while trying to answer obviously loaded questions. Can anyone point me to the footage of the creches?

Heard this morning that it will not be shown on RTE player and that was the only broadcast of it.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Syferus on May 29, 2013, 01:06:14 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 28, 2013, 10:33:06 PM

I was waiting for The Undertaker's music to hit. She was body slamming those kids better than Randy Savage.

Some of it was real hand-on-the-mouth stuff by the 'experts' but there was plenty of terrible behaviour by staff. Those creches might as well shut down tomorrow and save themselves a losing battle of trying to continue operating.

Is that supposed to be funny? You post some amount of childish rubbish on here but that's vile. Dickhead.

Very hard programme to watch. Was shocked they carried on like that in the place with CCTV cameras. If that was my kid I'd be facing charges right now for doing the exact same thing back to her and seeing how she liked it. Watching them being thrown around like rag dolls was infuriating. I hope someone presses charges against the "carers" and crèches concerned!
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

deiseach

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 29, 2013, 10:06:00 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 29, 2013, 01:06:14 AM

Is that supposed to be funny? You post some amount of childish rubbish on here but that's vile. d**khead.

I think you are overreacting there a bit.

snoopdog

i found it sickening, bullying little defenceless children. If that was my kid that mong of a creche worker was repeatedly slamming down on the matt i would have no problem doing time for my retalliation. These b*stards charge a fortune and families struggle to pay for the so called care handed out. I dont want to tar all with same brush as most childcare workers are fantastic. But criminal charges have to be brought against those that were abusing children on that docummentary.
I rarely praise RTE but fair play for exposing this.

muppet

Still haven't seen the footage unfortunately.

I dropped my little fella off to Play-School this morning and wasn't concerned about the care there, but I did have a chat with him about whether or not he liked it. He loves it. I could see it was on the minds of other parents there, and definitely on the minds of the carers, but no one said anything.

People will focus on the individual causing the abuse which is understandable. But firstly the management of these offending institutions need to be hauled over the coals and then the HSE, that awful dinosaur and financial black hole, needs to be torpedoed once and for all.

Unless we start forcing people in authority, to actually take full responsibility and be held fully accountable for that authority, then we will continue to have the events such as the financial scandals, Horse Meat scandal, Blood Transfusion contamination scandal, TD expenses scandal, Penalty Points Scandal, Medical Malpractice Scandals, Solicitor Client Account Scandals. We have the Murphy Report, Ferns Report, Cloyne Reports, Moriarty Tribunal Report, Flood/Mahon Tribunal, Laffoy Tribunal and Morris Tribunal. I'm sure there are lots more.

Can anyone point to any person in authority (other than a handful of underlings such as priests and a single journalist for contempt of court) being held accountable, found guilty and sentenced as part of any of the above?
MWWSI 2017

highorlow

Muppet, I believe that the Prime Time team obviously had to get parents consent to show the programme in the first place. The consent was given only on the basis that it was shown once. Hence not going to be on RTE player.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go