Armagh V Galway Sun 07/04/13 Athletic Grounds

Started by Onion Bag, April 03, 2013, 04:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipstick

Quote from: T Fearon on April 07, 2013, 07:17:48 PM
Good scores from Dyas but he'll never get a marker as loose again as long as he lives.

Dyas had three different markers during the game and not only scored  5 points from play but set up several more.

seafoid

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 07, 2013, 07:33:57 PM
Quote from: galwayman on April 07, 2013, 07:04:56 PM
I'm glad I decided not to travel in the end for this. This is truly the poorest Galway senior team in years.
We can only hope we can bring through some players from the underage ranks over the next 4-5 years and build from there.

In fairness I don't think they were too interested today but still not good to concede 0-21 no matter what. Don't think they will beat Mayo in May but certainly important for Mulholland that they at least deliver some class of half-decent performance. The fear must be that they will get a trimming. At least the game is at home because Galway's away performances in the league have been putrid.
They are starting off from quite a low base. Round 3 of the qs would be progress. The funny thing is they will probably win an all ireland before Mayo aris agus aris eile.

T Fearon

Chipstick,don't get me wrong,Dyas had a great game,and scored some great points.Regardless of the amount of markers he always seemed to be in acres of space,a luxury he'll not enjoy again any time soon.

Still he showed what he can do and if this performance helps him to be more consistent,that'll be brilliant.

David McKeown

Wasn't at today's game but I've been very impressed with Dyas through out the league. Particularly in the half forward line.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

T Fearon

Yes Dyas,Forker and Harold have come on leaps and bounds during the league.However the defence remains a problem,and has made little or no progress at all.

yellowcard

Quote from: T Fearon on April 07, 2013, 07:17:48 PM
Good win,but Galway seemed uninterested until they got the goal late in the first half,and once again we surrendered a decent lead at half time fairly easily in the early stages of the second half.A lot of work still to be done, although the return of Mallon and Mc Keever will shore up a defence that is not confidence inspiring.Harold has been the find of this league campaign,also like the way Forker is shaping up and I thought Sean Clarke made a big impact when he came on and scored a couple of good points.Good scores from Dyas but he'll never get a marker as loose again as long as he lives.

Some line up in Division 2 next year,Donegal,Down,Meath,Armagh,Monaghan,Laois,Louth and Galway.Significantly better than this year's Division 2 in which we were extremely lucky to survive.

Andy Mallon, is he not retiring from county football?  If he is coming back that would be great news but surely he won't be coming back into the squad at this stage. Has he not transferred to Parnells?

T Fearon

It was said at the start of the season that he was taking a break.Certainly his retirement has never been confirmed and therefore I'd expect him to be in the panel for the Championship.

David McKeown

There was article on Hogan Stand saying he wasn't sure he'd be back. It seems to me a lot like Stevies retirement so I'd be surprised to see him playing again
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

stew

Delighted with the win altogether and and maybe big Paul knows what he is at after all. Roll on the championship.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Stew,don't be getting carried away.Galway scarcely put in a serious tackle,and with Derry well in front at half time against Westmeath,they had nothing to play for in the second half.Overall this league campaign has been disastrous and it's thanks to Laois's defeat of Wexford that Armagh are still in DIv 2.

armaghniac

QuoteStew,don't be getting carried away.Galway scarcely put in a serious tackle

The Galway defence was very slack, the Championship will not be like this.

Armagh did progress and McKeever and Jamie will help from here on. But last year, although beaten, we did OK in the last game against Donegal and that wasn't any indication of anything against Roscommon.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

We're miles away from any decent Championship run,and I wouldn't put the mortgage on getting past Cavan.Ironically though by far the best two performances in the league were both away to the top two sides,Derry and Westmeath.

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on April 10, 2013, 12:16:14 AM
We're miles away from any decent Championship run,and I wouldn't put the mortgage on getting past Cavan.Ironically though by far the best two performances in the league were both away to the top two sides,Derry and Westmeath.
Same for Galway. It was the away matches against the more mediocre teams that were hard.

naka

Quote from: T Fearon on April 10, 2013, 12:16:14 AM
Wouldn't agree with this
If we gat past Cavan we can get a bit of momentum
Would like to see andy back together with Jamie and mc keever we have potential

T Fearon

I hope I'm wrong, but last year's league was far more encouraging (wins against Kerry and Down and a draw with Cork) as was the first round Championship performance against Tyrone, before going pear shaped in Roscommon.