Railway Cup Final to be played in Dallas

Started by Eamonnca1, March 01, 2013, 04:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchardman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 04, 2013, 06:00:20 PM
Every time I see the word "junket" I wonder if the person using it has actually had to endure air travel lately.

Is a return trip to oz 2 years ago good enough for you?

Anyway, more to the point, where has this been mentioned by the GAA, which i asked? The advert and this thread is saying it is a done deal

Eamonnca1

Now that you mention it, I can't seem to find a primary source. All I can find in the media is that it "could be" going to Dallas, so it looks like the official decision hasn't been made yet.  I heard through the grapevine that it's as near as damn it a done deal though.

fearbrags

Report of the great Seamus Darby seen at  Southfork Ranch this morning
Another report had him at  the Grassy Knoll Dealey Plaza, in the historic West End district of downtown Dallas yesterday

ballinaman

Documentary on New York GAA on Setanta now.

thejuice

I'm awful surprised that Jerrah Jones didn't make a move on this. He got the darndest football station right there in Dallas, home o dem cowboys. Let me tell ya he need fillin that thing to pay fer all dat money he gone spend on it. He got the biggest tellervisons sets hanging from the gad dang roof in there. You can even see tony romos tears even up in the nose bleeds.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Gabriel_Hurl

Fair play to Dallas for being able to get that - would love to see them come to Toronto - revive the Skydome games

Syferus

Quote from: thejuice on May 20, 2013, 11:50:49 PM
I'm awful surprised that Jerrah Jones didn't make a move on this. He got the darndest football station right there in Dallas, home o dem cowboys. Let me tell ya he need fillin that thing to pay fer all dat money he gone spend on it. He got the biggest tellervisons sets hanging from the gad dang roof in there. You can even see tony romos tears even up in the nose bleeds.

The last time he let someone else use the Billion Dollar Playpen some fecker ran over half a high school team with a cart.

T Fearon

Great idea,pity JR never lived to see it.Still I'm sure Southfork would be willing to sponsor it.

rrhf

Hardy

Quote from: fearbrags on May 20, 2013, 08:58:17 PM
Another report had him at  the Grassy Knoll Dealey Plaza, in the historic West End district of downtown Dallas yesterday

Pity he wasn't in the Book Depository on 22 November, 1963. Just the slightest touch on the elbow ...

Jinxy

Halftime entertainment by TR Dallas?
You'd almost have to bring him.
And the Brush.
What a double act!
If you were any use you'd be playing.

rrhf

Quote from: Hardy on May 21, 2013, 10:15:18 AM
Quote from: fearbrags on May 20, 2013, 08:58:17 PM

Pity he wasn't in the Book Depository on 22 November, 1963. Just the slightest touch on the elbow ...
I have this as my post of the month. 

fearbrags

No Actually Half time show is  with the Chieftains and Jerry's Cheer Leaders ;)