NHL 2013

Started by Milltown Row2, February 23, 2013, 07:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Enthralling contest today.

No lying down here. Some of the hits were bone crunching.

Michael Fennelly has some engine.

Good to see both teams going so well.

Looking forward to the rematch in the summer.

CitySlicker11

Still think Galway have a better chance of staying close to Kilkenny later on in the Summer, if you took Noel McGrath and Brendan Maher off that Tipp yesterday it would have been very average. Full back line was pretty tight in fairness.

Asal Mor

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on May 06, 2013, 12:40:31 PM
Still think Galway have a better chance of staying close to Kilkenny later on in the Summer, if you took Noel McGrath and Brendan Maher off that Tipp yesterday it would have been very average. Full back line was pretty tight in fairness.

I hope you're right City Slicker but I fear we'll be watching these 2 battle it out again in September. It's worrying that Kilkenny won without Henry, TJ and Richie - probably 3 of their best 4 forwards along with Richie Hogan, though they were playing at home. Fair play to the GAA for playing the game at Nowlan Park by the way. Very clever move and it made for a great game.

Tipp are a good side but the decline of Kelly and Corbett makes them unlikely to stop Kilkenny this summer.

imtommygunn

The ball winning ability of the kk defenders was superb. Hardly a tipp forward on top of their man at all.

Kk forwards poor enough but colm fennelly hard to mark. With all those guys to come back in the forwards they would seem unstoppable.

I would agree galway more likely to challenge later in year in my view.

Canalman

Only saw the 2nd half. If ever there was a "comfortable 3 point win" this was it. Ty never looked to me anyway like scoring a goal.
There was an incident in the game when aTipp back (won't name him) was absolutely burned for pace............... rarely seen in the intercounty game. Happened near the far sideline. 

CitySlicker11

It was Paul Curran towards the end over in the right hand corner from where the camera was?

johnneycool

Quote from: Canalman on May 06, 2013, 02:56:18 PM
Only saw the 2nd half. If ever there was a "comfortable 3 point win" this was it. Ty never looked to me anyway like scoring a goal.
There was an incident in the game when aTipp back (won't name him) was absolutely burned for pace............... rarely seen in the intercounty game. Happened near the far sideline.

Curran was doing well aside from getting caught out there, on the whole I was impressed with the Tipp defence and Paudie Maher is better suited to the centre where he can get on a lot more ball and have a greater impact on the game, their lack of forward options may be a problem later on in the year, I was wondering if big O'Meara was injured as he may lack a bit of finess, but he can win his own dirty ball and takes the direct route to goal, something Tipp lacked.

As for Lar, up to his sending off his only real contribution was the handpass out to Noel McGrath out on the wing which McGrath pointed, can't comment on the sending off other than what was shown on the TV, and it was only of JJ Delaney punching Lar's helmet, but I believe he may have broken ribs, so that's him out irrespective of any suspension.

I have to commend Barry Kelly on the refereeing front, he got most of the calls right and picked up on some sneaky stuff like the flicking of hurleys etc, which go unchecked. He was also totally right to give the free against Fogarty who dropped the hurl to get a handpass away and then had the temerity to question it, unless he felt he was fouled prior to that then he'd no issue. Kelly rightly moved the ball forward for Tipp.

There was still a good few arms around the neck challenges which needs to be cut out before it gets worse.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Premier Emperor on March 31, 2013, 10:22:53 PM
The good old days are back. The Clare lads arriving into Thurles with their 70s jumpers and worn out trousers. Speaking pidgin English at 100 miles an hour, only pausing to wipe the drool from their mouths.
The Premier boys giving them a hurling lesson. Bossing them in every department. Davy Fitz going nuts on the sideline.
Great performances in particular from Lar, Eoin, Brendan Maher and Noel McGrath. Shane Bourke could be the key find for Tipp for the championship. We have the right man in charge and we're moving up through the gears nicely.

The whipping boys will be happier playing in Division 2 next year.

Premier Emperor where art thou now!!! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

CitySlicker11

I called Galway as well early on, should of saw it coming. The fool us all though in Galway

(note to self - When Galway reach or win All Ireland final - always back the team they meet in the next years All Ireland QF)

Rossfan

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on July 29, 2013, 09:39:50 PM
I called Galway as well early on, should of saw it coming. The fool us all though in Galway

(note to self - When Galway reach or win All Ireland final - always back the team they meet in the next years All Ireland QF)    Must learn some English

>:( >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

CitySlicker11

Secret Galway hurling fan Rossfan? Relax yourself.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Onlooker

Early dividend for Limerick for proposing the return of the seeded draw in the Munster SFC.  It is all beginning to make sense now.

johnneycool

Ach sure those Div1B teams got stuffed in the championship, didn't they,  :o

Full proposal below;

ROINN 1A
Tiobraid Árann   
Cill Chainnigh
Gaillimh
Port Láirge
An Clár
Áth Cliath
Corcaigh
Luimneach
Each team to play 7 ordinary rounds.
The top 3 teams contest the Roinn 1 Semi-Finals along with the Roinn 1B winner.
Semi-Finals: Top Team in Roinn 1A v Winner 1B; second team in Roinn 1A v third team in Roinn 1A.
The Semi-Final winners play in the Final.
The eighth placed team relegated to Roinn 1B.
The seventh placed team plays a relegation /promotion play off with the losers of the Roinn 1B Final.
ROINN 1B
Uíbh Fhailí
Loch Garman
Aontroim
Ceatharlach
Laois
Iar Mhí
Each team to play 5 ordinary rounds.
The top 4 teams contest the Roinn 1B Semi-Finals (1 v 4 and 2 v 3).
The Semi-Final winners play in the Roinn 1B Final.
The Roinn 1B Final winner is promoted to Roinn 1A and qualifies for the Roinn 1 Semi-Final.
The Roinn 1B Final loser plays a promotion/relegation play off with Team 7 from Roinn 1A.
The bottom team relegated to Roinn 2A.

ROINN  2A
Ciarraí
Doire
Cill Mhantáin
Cill Dara
An Mhí
Londain

The top 2 teams contest the Roinn 2A Final.
The Roinn  2A Final winner is promoted to Roinn 1B.
The bottom team relegated to Roinn 2B.

ROINN 2B
An Dún
Maigh Eo
Ard Mhacha
Ros Comáin
Fingal
Dún na nGall

The top 2 teams contest the Roinn 2B Final.
The Roinn 2B Final winner promoted to Roinn 2A.
The bottom team relegated to Roinn 3A.

ROINN 3A
An Lú
Fear Manach
Tír Eoghain
Muineachán

Each team to play 3 ordinary rounds.
The top 2 teams contest the Roinn 3A Final.
The Roinn 3A Final winners are promoted to Roinn 2B.
The bottom team relegated to Roinn 3B

ROINN 3B
Longfort
Sligeach
Warwickshire
Liatroim

Each team to play 3 ordinary rounds.
The top 2 teams contest the Roinn 3B Final.
The Roinn 3B Final winners are promoted to Roinn 3A.