Clarke S.Forker McParland

--------------------------------

Geoghan
McKeown P.Kernan Moriorty
Shields A.Duffy B.Loughran
Hanratty Lavery
A.Duffy S.Kernan E.Rafferty
McVerry Cunningham Carragher

Vernon in 2 positions at the one time?  ;) .. As far as I'm concerned he wouldn't be in my starting 15 at the moment. I rate him as a player, he showed what he could do in his time at QUB, it's just a matter of him doing for us at county level.
Our midfield is becoming an ever bigger worry for me, Toner for example hasn't reached his potential since his debut year, 2008 I think it was. I'd give the Cross pairing of McKenna and Hanratty a go in the middle.
Interesting to note that you don't mention James Donnelly, Brian Mallon, Tony Kernan or Kevin Dyas at all?

For me:

McEvoy,
A.Mallon, P.Kernan, Morgan
A. Kernan, Donaghy, McKeever
Hanratty, David McKenna
A.Forker, S.Kernan, McParland
J.Clarke, S.Forker, B.Mallon

Geoghegan,
P.McKeown, Toner, Finn Mo
Shields, Donnelly, Deccie McKenna
Vernon, Lavery
A.Duffy, Dyas, T.Kernan
C.Rafferty, Cunnignham, C.O'Hanlon

our_fella

See I left our S.Kernan and P.McKeown and P.Kernan from the 1st team because we all know their dealings with Armagh over the years.

Re.Dyas, when was the last game he stood out for us? he's been tried in nearly every position apart from goals lol

ranch

Quote from: our_fella on February 12, 2013, 11:50:05 PM
See I left our S.Kernan and P.McKeown and P.Kernan from the 1st team because we all know their dealings with Armagh over the years.

Re.Dyas, when was the last game he stood out for us? he's been tried in nearly every position apart from goals lol

Valid points. Our panel is certainly a hell of a lot stronger looking if those boys are listed though.

Re. Dyas, I think he had a great game v Tyrone last season in the Ulster 1/4 final, albeit he got sent off with 10 or so to go. Don't get me wrong however, I wouldn't see him as a starter. Certainly worthy of a place in the panel though.

magpie seanie

Don't get me started on A v. B games.

There are intercounty managers who are highly rated by some who actually make lots of decisions based on A v. B games. I know - hard to believe.

nrico2006

McKenna in midfield ahead of Toner every day of the week. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

theticklemister

Armagh A v B match below.....

A team - Crossmaglen v Armagh - B team.

Derry Optimist

Omitting all the players who were selected on the Derry Senior team who performed so well against Laois last Sunday the following players who were either injured or unavailable for that game would certainly make a very competitive "B" side.
                                E McNicholl
B McCallion              C Mullan             M Craig
G O'Kane                  B Gormley          C McAtamney
                   M Friel                J McCamley
D Mullan                R Wilkinson          D Heavron
L Kennedy             R Bell                   B Heron
Substitutes K Farren Philip Bradley C McWillams D Browne G Mallon.
A fit Paddy Bradley and a willing Paddy Kelly,
Liam Hinphey, Paul Cartin and Joe O'Kane would also be huge additions. Unfortunately, I am afraid, we will have to forget about the latter four as they do not appear to have made themselves available to the football panel. Whilst agreeing with most of the management's selections I still believe that both Lee Moore and Cailean O'Boyle should be in the squad. Moore is a good finisher and O'Boyle is an excellent target man as well as being an all-round talented individual.

supersub

Down A v B...sort of

McVeigh
D McCartan McCardle Boyle
McKernan Garvey Rooney

Gordon Rodgers

McComisky Poland Coulter
Laverty King O'Hare

v

Cunnigham
G McCartan D Turley McKibbon
Mallon Doyle McParland

P Turley
Gough

Maginn Carr Quinn
Savage Harrison McConville

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 13, 2013, 08:18:47 AM

There are intercounty managers who are highly rated by some who actually make lots of decisions based on A v. B games. I know - hard to believe.

Brian Cody uses the A v B games, works well for him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nally Stand

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 13, 2013, 01:53:28 PM

As does Mickey Harte, and he's gotten by ok!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Redhand Santa

Tyrone lined out against Mayo last weekend with the following team:
N Morgan; A McCrory, Justin McMahon, C Gormley; R Mckenna, Joe McMahon, R McNamee; C Clarke, S Cavanagh; P McNiece, P Harte, P Kane; C McAliskey, S O'Neill, M Donnelly.

I'd fancy the following team that didn't play to give them at the very least a good game:
P McConnell
D Carlin
C McCarron
PJ Quinn
M Penrose (haven't many options in defence and he could easily play there)
R McNabb
D McBride
C Cavanagh
A Cassidy
Mattie Donnelly
Mulligan (assuming come's back)
J Lafferty
D McCurry
K Coney
Ronan O'Neill

magpie seanie

Quote from: Nally Stand on February 13, 2013, 02:33:43 PM

They are exceptions, it must be to do with intensity. There is a certain type of player who excels in these games and is crap when it matters. I've seen it many times with Sligo.

stew

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 13, 2013, 02:55:00 PM

They are exceptions, it must be to do with intensity. There is a certain type of player who excels in these games and is crap when it matters. I've seen it many times with Sligo.

Over here that type of player is called a training ground warrior, top notch and gives er when playing with players they know, then they step out on the field in a game that matters and they dung the togs.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: stew on February 13, 2013, 02:58:23 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on February 13, 2013, 02:55:00 PM

Over here that type of player is called a training ground warrior, top notch and gives er when playing with players they know, then they step out on the field in a game that matters and they dung the togs.

I think that the managers do know their best 15, by having these games it does allow you to have a game session instead of the usual drill session, which most managers in fairness dislike. Only seeing how a player reacts underpressure in a match situation can you only gauge how good he is, they said that you could teach a monkey how to do something over and over again but step outside of that drill then it won't know what to do. I've seen lads at training who are brilliant, strike of both sides, catch (no pressured) ball, fast pick ups (again no pressure) but in a match you wonder who has stolen this guys skills???
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea