Dyson Vacuum Cleaners

Started by laoislad, December 31, 2012, 04:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

Quote from: stew on January 01, 2013, 10:01:08 PM
We bought a Dyson 10 years ago and it is absolutely brilliant, not one issue and they are well worth the money.

theyre worth it! we have one 12yrs its worth over a £100 to trade in for a new dyson. the first one is the most expensive just like buying a new car
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

thejuice

Yeah we got a Dyson, its very good. Went through a few cheap ones over the years. Not a problem with the Dyson. Well put together and despite all the connecting and disconnecting of parts and add ons it doesnt feel flimsy. Good durable parts.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: comethekingdom on January 01, 2013, 08:10:14 PM
Has anyone bought the dyson handheld yokes? Have a B&D 18v unit but the suction is not in it anymore as the battery cant give it the same kick anymore. Fierce handy article to have about the house.

Have one for about 2 years now, it is some job, make sure you get the one with the extra power setting, a great piece of kit. We also have the Dyson animal hoover for a year now, again some job, wthis is the second one we have bought, i fucked up the first one when hoovering up when i built the house!

laoislad

Ended up going against most of the advice on here as I am a stubborn f**ker and I bought a Dyson today.
Just gave it a test drive on the landing and stairs and it looks like I have a new carpet after it! Great job.
Bought this one.
http://www.powercity.ie/?par=40-50-235941&brands=DYSON
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on January 02, 2013, 03:18:56 PM
Ended up going against most of the advice on here as I am a stubborn f**ker and I bought a Dyson today.
Just gave it a test drive on the landing and stairs and it looks like I have a new carpet after it! Great job.
Bought this one.
http://www.powercity.ie/?par=40-50-235941&brands=DYSON
What do you mean you gave it a test drive?!  ;)

Dag Dog

I wouldn't be an expert, but the Dyson has a really strong suction compared to other brands.
It is hard to pull the pipe away from your hand if you put it against it and it vacuums up coins from a good distance.
Some of the cleaners I've used has as much suction as an asthmatic pensioner could muster and you spend your life trying to clean filters and empty bags.

lawnseed

Quote from: lawnseed on January 02, 2013, 08:40:48 AM
Quote from: stew on January 01, 2013, 10:01:08 PM
We bought a Dyson 10 years ago and it is absolutely brilliant, not one issue and they are well worth the money.

theyre worth it! we have one 12yrs its worth over a £100 to trade in for a new dyson. the first one is the most expensive just like buying a new car

forgot to mention buy the big one it'd suck the chrome of a hillman hunter
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

trueblue1234

Thought I'd just tag this in here. Anyone have any first hand experience of the Ritello vacuum cleaner? Seen a demonstration the other night and was impressive but would rather get some feedback of someone who had one? It's expensive but would be keen to see if it's worth the money?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

theskull1

Quote from: trueblue1234 on April 07, 2016, 08:44:47 AM
Thought I'd just tag this in here. Anyone have any first hand experience of the Ritello vacuum cleaner? Seen a demonstration the other night and was impressive but would rather get some feedback of someone who had one? It's expensive but would be keen to see if it's worth the money?

A quick google search found this

http://librex.pissedconsumer.com/ritello-scam-case-a-study-in-their-tactics-and-scam-method-20150816683889.html

Any of those snake oil/double glazing/solar panels etc etc type sales pitches are set up to convince you to buy and buy straight away. The sales technique in most cases is much more important than the quality of the product.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

trueblue1234

Yeah I've read a few on-line reviews but most are critical of the sales process rather than the product itself. In fact a number give out about the process (And a lot giving out about working for the company and them not paying up!!) but seem to say the product is good. That's why I was trying to get feedback from someone who actually had it. I wasn't prepared to buy straight away anyway and had made that clear, but certainly the product seemed strong.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit