St. Brigid's vs. Crossmaglen Rangers - All-Ireland Senior Club Semi-final 2013

Started by Syferus, November 25, 2012, 06:43:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What was the best move of the game?

Cake's super hop after getting up from a dastardly jab by Callagher
5 (29.4%)
Cake's girating on the floor after said jab
8 (47.1%)
Cake making Jamie Clarke so fearful that he passed the ball despite being one-on-one with the keeper
6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Syferus

Will the Rossies dole out more pain to Armagh or can Kilcoo shock the world and end Cross' championship before Christmas?

Barring disaster Brigids v. Cross will be a tie between the two best teams in the country right now. Breffini or Pearse Park? Sure we have to opt for the neautral Leinster venue in the interests of fairness  ;D

Armaghgael

Cross will win 3 in a row and possibly 4 or 5. There is no team in Ireland that will live with them for 60 minutes for the foreseeable future
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

lynchbhoy

stew

Quote from: Armaghgael on November 25, 2012, 06:54:09 PM
Cross will win 3 in a row and possibly 4 or 5. There is no team in Ireland that will live with them for 60 minutes for the foreseeable future

I seriously doubt that, to do what they are doing is incredible, every game they play they meet a team that has been chomping at the bit to get at them from the first training session, every game is harder than the last and at some point they are going to be unlucky, get injuries to key players and face a team that will match their intensity and put them on the back foot, no team, no matter how good they are could do five in a row, I hope they do but i don't know that they will win three let alone 5, hope I am wrong.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ross4life

Brigids got within 3 points of Cross in the last two meetings so if Cross win another Ulster title they will know what they are up against. Venue will probably be somewhere in Leinster.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

bigpaul

Quote from: Syferus on November 25, 2012, 06:43:33 PM
Will the Rossies dole out more pain to Armagh or can Kilcoo shock the world and end Cross' championship before Christmas?

Barring disaster Brigids v. Cross will be a tie between the
two best teams in the country right now. Breffini or Pearse Park? Sure we have to opt for the neautral Leinster venue in the interests of fairness  ;D
I think Dr Crokes would have a major gripe on reading that!
If you had asked me three or four years ago, I would have said that Three in a row All-Ireland Club C'ships would have been imposssible.If they win it this year it will be the same as about six in a row for a county team IMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INDIANA

Thats complete bullshit in my opinion. I think Brigids will give Cross plenty of it.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rodney trotter

Quote from: ross4life on November 25, 2012, 07:19:38 PM
Brigids got within 3 points of Cross in the last two meetings so if Cross win another Ulster title they will know what they are up against. Venue will probably be somewhere in Leinster.

Garrycastle - St Brigids was in Pearse Park this year . Both neighbour counties, and neighbour Longford.

Breffni would be the same distance more or less for Cross and Brigids to travel.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: INDIANA on November 25, 2012, 07:29:29 PM

They may give them plenty but they won't win, Cross have different players that step up in every game and have the ability to score goals in nearly every attack.

Crokes and Portlaois will be a cracker, and after the Kerry final the Crokes management were giving it the "we are looking at Cross and we owe them!!"

Thats complete bullshit in my opinion. I think Brigids will give Cross plenty of it.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ross4life

Quote from: rodney trotter on November 25, 2012, 07:54:51 PM
Quote from: ross4life on November 25, 2012, 07:19:38 PM

Garrycastle - St Brigids was in Pearse Park this year . Both neighbour counties, and neighbour Longford.

Breffni would be the same distance more or less for Cross and Brigids to travel.

Maybe.. the last semi final between the two (2007) was played in Cusack Park, Mullingar & the last Connacht v Ulster semi final (Corofin v St Gall's 2010) was played in Parnell Park.

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 25, 2012, 07:21:46 PM
Will it be the 3rd or 4th weekend in February?
16th of Feb i think.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

bennydorano

It is absolute nonsense, an impossibility, some people must think Cross are robots. 3 in a row (if acheived) will sate an awful lot of appetites, it will be a pyschological fulfillment too. If they do get the 3, i'd fully expect them to get chinned in Armagh next year & i think they'd thank you for putting them out!

INDIANA

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 25, 2012, 08:08:15 PM

They may give them plenty but they won't win, Cross have different players that step up in every game and have the ability to score goals in nearly every attack.

Crokes and Portlaois will be a cracker, and after the Kerry final the Crokes management were giving it the "we are looking at Cross and we owe them!!"

Cross have been beaten by Vincents and  Kilmacud Crokes in recent years. They are not invincible. Brigids have a lot of very good footballers and Cross haven't really been tested yet in my estimation. Here's me thinking they have an Ulster Final to play as well!!

yellowcard

Cross will dispose of Kilcoo comfortably on Sunday. I also expect them to beat St Brigids in the AI semi final but I think the winner of Ballymun and Crokes could edge out Cross in the final.