Started by give her dixie, October 04, 2012, 08:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Hillbilly on May 22, 2013, 12:11:34 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 27, 2013, 12:04:12 AM
Tyrone by 4.

Donegal 0-11
Tyrone 1-12

Donegal scorers: Murphy 0-7 (0-6f, 0-1 45m), McBrearty 0-2 (0-2f), McFadden 0-2 (0-1f)
Tyrone scorers: Harte 1-2 (1-1f), S Cavanagh 0-4 (0-2f), S O'Neill 0-2 (0-1f), Penrose 0-1, Morgan 0-1 (1 45m), McAliskey 0-1, Mark Donnelly 0-1
Cant see tyrone holding them scoreless from play ;D

McFadden got a point from play - it was late on though and was only a consolation score!  :D
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

This will be some occasion.  If you can get your hands on a ticket get on it.

God14

yeah i cant feckin wait for this one. Havnt been looking forward to a game of football as much in a long long time. Bank holiday weekend as well means pints are guaranteed afterwards.
Have no idea how the result will go, but it seems sure to be a titanic struggle.

One thing thats gratin on me, everyones tippin Tyrone. This is most definitely a bad omen.
http://www.hoganstand.com/tyrone/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=192478

rrhf

Mc Aliskey for first goal scorer -  get on it.  Im feeling nice and confident.  I feel its 2002 / 03 all over again.
AI champions to be bate in the first round and to make it through the back door.  A Tyrone V Donegal aifinal in prosepect with a Tyrone double. 

omagh_gael

An impossible task but I will give it a shot:

Morgan
McCarron
Justy
PJ Quinn
Conor Clarke
Matty Donnelly
Conor Gormley
Sean C
Colm C
Petey Harte
Mark Donnelly
Joey
McAliskey
SoN
Penrose

Think we need to do something different this year or at least mix it up a bit more. I wonder if we will see Mickey asking Joey or Sean to do a few shifts up front with SoN and get long quick ball in there to see how that pans out? I'm more confident this year in our running game as this was a major stumbling block over the last few years. We have younger legs running the ball but they also appear to be stronger and breaking tackles more often.

Having rewatched the games from the previous two years it only served to highlight how important the 'inches' are. In2011 it was Marty Swift misjudging a simple ball and spilling it leading directly to the brick Molloy's winning goal and in 2012 it was Penrose's daisy cutter scimming Durcan's boot and post which denied us a draw. I think it's too close to call, so I am going to sit on the fence and call a draw.

1-12 apiece.

FYi an interview with young Morgan:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/22622280

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 22, 2013, 02:04:48 PM
An impossible task but I will give it a shot:

Morgan
McCarron
Justy
PJ Quinn
Conor Clarke
Matty Donnelly
Conor Gormley
Sean C
Colm C
Petey Harte
Mark Donnelly
Joey
McAliskey
SoN
Penrose

Think we need to do something different this year or at least mix it up a bit more. I wonder if we will see Mickey asking Joey or Sean to do a few shifts up front with SoN and get long quick ball in there to see how that pans out? I'm more confident this year in our running game as this was a major stumbling block over the last few years. We have younger legs running the ball but they also appear to be stronger and breaking tackles more often.

Having rewatched the games from the previous two years it only served to highlight how important the 'inches' are. In2011 it was Marty Swift misjudging a simple ball and spilling it leading directly to the brick Molloy's winning goal and in 2012 it was Penrose's daisy cutter scimming Durcan's boot and post which denied us a draw. I think it's too close to call, so I am going to sit on the fence and call a draw.

1-12 apiece.

FYi an interview with young Morgan:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/22622280

Id make one change to the team above. id have joey number 3 after that stifling job he done on Murphy in Clones in 2011 before he went off injured it was the best ever i seen Murphy contained in a game to date with probably Paddy McNeice coming into the half forward line at Justys expense.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Fuzzman

I'd agree that Joey is the man to mark Murphy. No matter where he plays.
I just don't think Justy is reliable enough these days or gets tight enough although I suppose no matter who's gonna be full back, he's gonna have a lot of support around him.
I'd be surprised if Mickey starts McNeice as no doubt Petey, 2 Donnellys & probably Penrose will all be playing around the defensive wall.

It was noticeable last year how often Rory Kavanagh gets himself into space and kicks a good few scores. I wonder how Mickey feels the 2 Cavanagh brothers have done around MF. Colm needs to keep his discipline and not be getting any silly yellows early on.
I'd say we'll see Cassidy in the second half like in a few league games.

NAG1

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 22, 2013, 02:40:08 PM
I just don't think Justy is reliable enough these days or gets tight enough although I suppose no matter who's gonna be full back, he's gonna have a lot of support around him.
I'd be surprised if Mickey starts McNeice as no doubt Petey, 2 Donnellys & probably Penrose will all be playing around the defensive wall.

It was noticeable last year how often Rory Kavanagh gets himself into space and kicks a good few scores. I wonder how Mickey feels the 2 Cavanagh brothers have done around MF. Colm needs to keep his discipline and not be getting any silly yellows early on.

Having watched Tyrone and a good bit of football around the place I am completely baffled by this lads inclusion in the Tyrone squad never mind making the team.

Am I missing something? Not being nasty or anything about I am genuinely confused on this one.

Fuzzman

I know what you mean Nag1 but we're not exactly blessed with midfielders and in fairness to him he wins his fair share of kickouts and kicks the odd score but of course is no where near Sean's level.
He has improved over the years but if Cassidy was totally fit I too would not have him starting.

I see Tyrone returned 1000 tickets to Donegal according to the Donegal Democrat
Does this show that a lot of fans thought there was no point in looking for tickets as they wouldn't get one anyway or are we worried we're gonna lose?

Craigyhill Terror

Quote from: God14 on May 22, 2013, 08:54:36 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on May 22, 2013, 06:51:45 AM
Tickets are like hens teeth in Tyrone - talk of them not selling is complete nonsense.

+1

Definitely a shortage

That story about tickets not selling started from Twitter/FB on Monday, when @TyroneGAALive said a number of terrace tickets were still available through your club - not the Tyrone GAA offices. I believe it was a small number and all went pretty quickly therafter.

Some amount of hen's teeth headed back to Donegal, it seems.

From the Donegal News

BY CHRIS MCNULTY

DONEGAL GAA clubs have been given 1,000 extra tickets for Sunday's Ulster SFC quarter-final against Tyrone in Ballybofey – after Tyrone's allocation failed to sell out to members.

Despite Red Hand officials claiming in recent weeks that the 5,750 tickets allocated to them would not be sufficient, the O'Neill county has returned a batch of 1,000 of the prized tickets, all of which will be divided among Donegal's 40 clubs.

The increased allocation will be music to the ears of some strained club officials in Donegal who have been dealing with unprecedented demand for a first round fixture. It also means that there will be a boosted Tir Chonaill support for a game that has been billed as the biggest first round game in Ulster in many years.

In the last couple of weeks, officials from Tyrone had bemoaned their allocation.

"We're very disappointed with the allocation of tickets," their PRO Eunan Lindsay had said."We are left with one ticket for every two adult members in the county and that's before we even look at youth."

However, Tyrone members are now content to miss out on the Ballybofey blockbuster. "I know from my own club, people are reluctant to take children to a sold-out game on terrace tickets when the place will be full to capacity," Mr Lindsay told the Donegal News.

"Roughly 25 per cent to a third of the attendance would usually be children and it seems that there are families now who aren't really pushed about going."

The returned tickets are all terrace tickets and will now be divided among the clubs, who are asked to submit their requests to the Co Board by email today and officials are hoping that they will be available for distribution this evening. Clubs are asked to have cheque for payment when collecting their tickets.

Fear ón Srath Bán

That doesn't make a lot of sense, on the surface, since there's definitely a demand in Tyrone that has been nowhere near met.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 22, 2013, 02:40:08 PM

Has anybody heard how Donegal have done in practice games or that leading up to sunday. heard they were to play Galway a few weeks ago that could be a bad yard stick after last weekends result for them.

Fuzzman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 22, 2013, 04:30:26 PM
That doesn't make a lot of sense, on the surface, since there's definitely a demand in Tyrone that has been nowhere near met.

That's what I heard too Fear so was very surprised to read that 1000 were returned.
Is it another Donegal wind up story?  ;D

They beat Roscommon last week nothingbettertobeat & Lacey played.

ONeill

I'd love to see Peter Harte in the FF line alongside O'Neill.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 22, 2013, 04:39:16 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on May 22, 2013, 04:30:26 PM

That's what I heard too Fear so was very surprised to read that 1000 were returned.
Is it another Donegal wind up story?  ;D

They beat Roscommon last week nothingbettertobeat & Lacey played.

Wind up story surely after the hype Tyrone made about the game been in Ballybofey in recent months Donegal are at the mind games i doubt.