Jimmy McGuinness

Started by here comes 6, September 27, 2012, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: highorlow on November 12, 2015, 09:32:32 AM
Jimmy didn't come across too good on last nights second captains show.

Typical of such a domineering figure though, he is always right and his enemies are wrong.

Just reading about it there I'm not able to get RTE and it pains me mostly because I think Second Captains is excellent. Was Jimmy a bit rattled?!

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: screenexile on November 12, 2015, 09:33:43 AM

Typical of such a domineering figure though, he is always right and his enemies are wrong.

Just reading about it there I'm not able to get RTE and it pains me mostly because I think Second Captains is excellent. Was Jimmy a bit rattled?!

I didn't think so. He got a bit of a grilling from McDevitt but was able to stand his ground. Great interview.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

rosnarun

very rattled . who facial expression changed when asked to explain himself and Fair play to Eoin he kept going until despite the murder in Jimmmys eyes.
best mcguiness could come up with a very odd  comparing himself to Alex Ferguson and Blamng the journalists for asking Questions about the controversies and Saying that what they are concentrating on because 'thats where the money is '
Yes it is Jimmy and your making that money by betraying that Great bond you claim to have had with the players and fellow coaches.
he sounded a right p***k
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

rosnarun

mid you he did remove that thug from number one sport on the wall and replaced him with Mick o dwyer  so he cant be all bad

the goal was on

Sick at this stage of hearing about hows things are going at celtic. Not too well I'll tell you. battered in any big games so far this season. Afraid was what Roony delia called the players after euro defeat. Was jimmy ever asked anything about this?. Another impplosion last week against molde and jimmy is stuck in Eason's!!. He just loves talking about himself!

PW Nally

Can that interview be got anywhere other than the RTE player?

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: screenexile on November 12, 2015, 09:33:43 AM

He was a bit rattled ok , His  demeanour  definitely changed when he was pushed on he  rory gallagher / kevin cassidy issue

PW Nally

twohands!!!

Jimmy was probably expecting the same sort of "aren't you great" interview full of softball questions he got both times he was on the Late Late. The fact that he got asked any sort of tough questions at all was probably a major shock.

Will be very interesting to see if his soccer coaching career develops - how long will he remain at Celtic ? Any decent players, managers or coaches don't tend to stick around too long in Scotland before moving down South, although these days the fact that the Championship is a step up from the SPL says a world about the state of Scottish football.

Rossfan

A lot of begrudgery about Jimmy in these parts.
He obviously did a lot of things right so ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

The Trap

To lighten the mood............in his book Jimmy talks about being in an Ulster dressing room for the first time and feeling quite nervous. Long haired and bearded he is approached by Peter Canavan who looks up at him and says "Jasus, I hope the reporters don't get us mixed up"....................

highorlow

QuoteA lot of begrudgery about Jimmy in these parts.

I like Jim but it's the double standards that I don't get.

He could have left the piece about the Rory Gallagher clash out of this edition of his book and wait until the man is gone from the Donegal set up. If it's Jim's mantra "what goes on in the group stays in the group" then Jim has broken his own rule. If all he cares about is Donegal then he has let them down in this instance. I'd say he regrets some aspects of the book.

No one is begrudging.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

rosnarun

Quote from: Rossfan on November 13, 2015, 09:53:06 AM
A lot of begrudgery about Jimmy in these parts.
He obviously did a lot of things right so ;)
he did an awful lot right , but his attitude of whe had did something amazing and dont care how how e did it i find abhorrent.
Its the same attitude that Grug cheats have ,end justify the means under all circumstances
and in the end he won one all-Ireland by 4 points against The 'Chokers from Mayo' who Mauled Jimmys team once his system was out
Football is jsut beginning to recover from his malign influence