Connacht Senior Football Club Championship 2012

Started by Syferus, September 11, 2012, 05:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

The Hearld's went mental this week, 15 pages. The county team doesn't even get that when we're in the Connacht final.

Roslad, why don't you bring your brand of brilliant and insisive analysis to Ballagh if you want some match hype?  ;)

emmetryan

writer of the Tactics not Passion series at Action81.com

Farrandeelin

It's hard to believe that Knockmore were Ballagh's last hard-fought, kept going till the finish type game. True, they were always in control after that hoor of a goal we let in. But since then, they've hardly been tested by Ballintubber, while Curry fell apart totally in the second half. For these reasons alone, I think Brigids have enough 'know how' to win these games and they will probably beat Ballaghaderreen.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

Adding up the 2012 championship totals Ballagh have scored average of 17 points per game while letting in 10. Brigids have scored 19 let in 10. For the last 5,6 years every final Brigids have played in be it Roscommon,Connacht,All Ireland has been tight tense hotly contested games & i expect the same on Sunday but Brigids experience should get them over the line.

Regardless of the result on Sunday Mark Dowd should be commend on fine job he's done with Ballagh & he's certainly good enough to manage inter county team in the near future.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

Why he didn't even seem to be considered this year is beyond me. Only Fergie would be a better young manager in the county.

I just don't see a way for Ballagh to win this, they simply won't be able to dominate the physical exchanges against Brigids, which is what they've lived off this year. Brigids' pressure game is getting better every time I see them and I have a feeling it'll be good enough to unseat Cross, let alone dispense with Ballagh.

You stop Frankie, they've got Senan, you stop Senan, they've got Frankie. Do what no team this year has and quieten both in the same game? Then the bloody full back can run up and take a point from 40 metres out. Brigids have a depth of players very few clubs in the country have.

Weather is promised rainy for the match which would probably benefit Ballagh as they'll hardly be planning on beating Brigids with their long-range prowess while it might reign in Brigids' range a little.

It should be another unique occasion for Brigids after the Garrycastle match in February, and indeed the county itself.

Tubberman

Looks like today's match is in danger of being called off. Fog setlles on McHale Park again

Pic from mayonews twitter:
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Tubberman

All systems go despite the fog according to Mike Finnerty on mid-west.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Tubberman

Ballagh 0-4 Brigids 0-6

Sounds like Ballagh are giving it everything, huge workrate to put the pressure on Brigids. They're staying well in touch, but can they keep up this effort for the full 60? They have huge fitness as seen in the county final, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Tubberman

Ballagh 0-5 Brigids 0-6 HT.
Strong finish to the half from Ballagh, will be a very interesting second half.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on October 28, 2012, 06:52:28 PM
Brigids are a machine at this point and have near endless ways to kill you.

Bear this in mind all Ballaghaderreen men and women.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

I doubt if anyone there takes Sufferus too seriously  ;D
8 to 5 for Brigids early in 2nd half.
Willie Hegarty going ::) totally silly - he had Cake going off to Charlestown a few minutes ago.

Tubberman

Brigids have upped it now, 4 points in a row. 10 points to 5.

Tubberman

Rossfan

St B 1-12  th'other crowd 6 pts.
All over.
Well done on the 3 in a row Brigids. 8)