Ulster Intermediate + Junior Football Club Championships 2012

Started by DownFanatic, September 08, 2012, 05:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: theticklemister on October 23, 2012, 09:46:43 PM
It is in the blue bin out the back, but the jist of it he said he seem ye play cootehill the other week and you were useless in the middle of the field and friel and young kearny were gonna clean ye out and from that platform they were gonna beat ye well

Well one of our midfield players is 38, playing his last year, thought he was good against Swatagh, maybe the Cootehill game was different as they had John McCuthcheon playing out of his skin. Our regular midfield player was dropped for the replay, not sure if the Swatragh manager was referring to the drawn game or it.

rodney trotter

Sorry about the "Northern jibe" .. Nothing against anyone from the 6 counties, we are all in Ulster.

Some reports of racism from one of our players against Cootehill, club has a bad enough image now, without me saying that.

boojangles

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 22, 2012, 12:35:15 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on October 22, 2012, 12:04:24 PMI Point, win didn't cover the fact the there was blatant free's not given to lacken, any neutral at the game would have seen that,
Can you not just simply say that the ref was biased instead of saying he was a 'Northern' ref 'favouring his own'. That oul chat never goes down to well and you'd think an ulster man like yourself would know that.
Don't bite my head off but there is definitely a perception by a lot of Cavan supporters that we rarely get fair play in Ulster when the referee is from the wee 6. Nothing to do with partionist or pro-union sentiments. I have walked away from too many games in Ulster, especially at underage level cursing the referee and at times it is hard to argue against the perception.

The Worker

Do they play the ulster intermediate and junior games as a double header?

theticklemister

Quote from: hardstation on October 23, 2012, 10:21:17 PM
For a county that gave us Joe McQuillan, you boys should know that some refs are just shite and aren't out to stitch up "free staters" or "nordie brits" or anyone else.

Lol. Excellent.

Hardstation the refs were much better during the days that Cavan were winning Ulster and All Ireland galore.

boojangles

Quote from: hardstation on October 23, 2012, 10:21:17 PMFor a county that gave us Joe McQuillan, you boys should know that some refs are just shite and aren't out to stitch up "free staters" or "nordie brits" or anyone else.
I'l see your Joe Mc Quillan and raise you John Gough. Oh trust me we know all about shite refs in Cavan. But you expect a better standard when it comes to Inter-County or Ulster club. Unfortunately that is rarely the case. Maybe the standard of refereeing up north is just plain shite. I'm trying to remember the last man from the 6 to referee an Senior All-Ireland final. It's a while ago. He must have made a balls off it and sent 4 men off or something crazy like that.

Sleater

Donegal IFC semi finals
Aodh Ruadh  v Naomh Colmcille (replay)
Buncrana v Termon

The Worker

Quote from: Sleater on October 24, 2012, 09:14:19 AM
Donegal IFC semi finals
Aodh Ruadh  v Naomh Colmcille (replay)
Buncrana v Termon

Is ulster game on sunday week?

Be hard pushed to get these games in on time.

armaghniac

QuoteIs ulster game on sunday week?

11 November, at Armagh venue.
Hopefully Oliver Plunkett Park and I expect the result will be similar to the last intercounty gig involving Donegal there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

DownFanatic

Sunday 4th November (Extra Time if necessary in all games)

AIB Ulster Intermediate Football Club Championship Quarter Finals

(All games at 2.30pm, unless otherwise stated):

Warrenpoint (Down) v Teemore (Fermanagh) at Pairc Esler

Killeavy (Armagh) v Cookstown (Tyrone) at Morgan Athletic Grounds

Doohamlet (Monaghan) v Lacken (Cavan) at Ballybay (12.45pm)

AIB Ulster Junior Football Club Championship Quarter Finals

(All games at 12.45pm, unless otherwise stated):

Laragh (Cavan) v Drum (Derry) at Kingspan Breffni Park (2.30pm)

Brackaville (Tyrone) v Ardoyne (Antrim) at Healy Park

Drumhowan (Monaghan) v Downings (Donegal) at Clones

An Port Mór (Armagh) v Dundrum (Down) at Morgan Athletic Grounds

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Worker

Cookstown favourites for intermediate, who's favourite for junior?

Sleater

Donegal IFC final is Termon v Aodh Ruadh, on Friday 2nd November

fitzroyalty

Quote from: yellowcard on October 30, 2012, 11:38:03 AM
Have been informed that Lacken are a great bet to win the intermediate cship especially after beating a fancied Swatragh side a week ago. Couldn't get any outright betting on it before this though. Cookstown I'd imagine will be favourites courtesy of having won the AI 3 years ago though you would wonder how they are allowed to re-enter the intermediate cship again so soon. Killeavy are a good enough side but are very young and also heavily dependent on Stevie McDonnell who is injured at the minute. They also play Cookstown so I cant see them getting past Cookstown without McDonnell.

On the junior I think Drumhowan could go all the way. Junior football in Monaghan is a fairly high standard compared to other counties.
I wouldn't be as quick to dismiss Killeavy without McDonnell, huge loss yes if it's true but they've been playing top flight football all year (as have Lacken). Any time I saw Killeavy play this year McDonnell's main scoring contributions were from frees. Cookstown have experience on their side, be an interesting match up all the same and could go either way.

Atticus_Finch

Think it would be wrong to dismiss any team for the Ulster intermediate and IMO it is a wide open comp. Ive seen Aghagallon a few times and for my money Mark McKenna is one of the best forwards in the county on his day. He has had a torrid time with injury in recent times but if he can stay fit he would be a match for any defender with his blistering speed.  Dawson could do a lot worse than give him a chance at the county setup.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."