Transfer Deadline Day.

Started by Jonah, August 31, 2012, 07:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 31, 2012, 09:59:44 AM
Quote from: laoislad on August 31, 2012, 09:45:14 AM
Aston Villa had a bid accepted for Clint Dempsey last night.

I didn't see that coming at all.  I thought Liverpool were nailed on to get him. >:(

According to the bbc Villa have withdrawn their bid!

laoislad

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on August 31, 2012, 09:59:44 AM
Quote from: laoislad on August 31, 2012, 09:45:14 AM
Aston Villa had a bid accepted for Clint Dempsey last night.

I didn't see that coming at all.  I thought Liverpool were nailed on to get him. >:(

Dempsey told Villa he only wants Liverpool so Villa are out of the race.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

laoislad

QPR have signed a whole new team.
11 new signings!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

rodney trotter

Its actually 12 and counting.. Totally different team/squad from last season, It doesn't matter who is over QPR it will take a while for them players to gel as a team, they are all mainly foreign players which doesn't help. Park and Boswinga have obviously lots of experience of english footbal but alot haven't.

Spurs have signed Joao Moutinho, quality signing. Looks like they could have Llorente by mid-night aswell.

imtommygunn

On this subject who are the good guys to follow on twitter with stories? I have a few Bbc guys- anyone else?

RealSpiritof98

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 31, 2012, 03:40:59 PM
On this subject who are the good guys to follow on twitter with stories? I have a few Bbc guys- anyone else?
@rorysmithtimes
oliver kay
tony barrett
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 31, 2012, 03:51:00 PM
@rorysmithtimes
oliver kay
tony barrett

@duncanjenkinsFC
Probably the best football journalist in the business.

Forever Green

Javi Garcia to City for 24m

The amount of money that all these c***ts are spending is f**king disgusting tbh

ballinaman

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on August 31, 2012, 03:54:32 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on August 31, 2012, 03:51:00 PM
@rorysmithtimes
oliver kay
tony barrett

@duncanjenkinsFC
Probably the best football journalist in the business.
Ben Smith
irishmammy

mylestheslasher

This thread is fascinating. I bought a ham sandwich earlier.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Forever Green on August 31, 2012, 04:04:28 PM

The amount of money that all these c***ts are spending is f**king disgusting tbh

It's pretty tame considering. Have man city less of a budget than other years??

Don't understand why they bought Roswell and not too sure on Sinclair either unless it's an English player quota thing.

Forever Green

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 31, 2012, 04:22:56 PM
Quote from: Forever Green on August 31, 2012, 04:04:28 PM

It's pretty tame considering. Have man city less of a budget than other years??

Don't understand why they bought Roswell and not too sure on Sinclair either unless it's an English player quota thing.

Wasn`t really directing it entirely at City. By the end of this transfer window, the English clubs will have spent well over 400m. It`s crazy money and how they will make it back, I have no f**king idea. Once the bubble does burst in England, there football will be finished. Blackburn, now playing in the Championship, just spent 8m on an unproven striker from the English 3rd tier yesterday. It just makes me sick

Bensars

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 31, 2012, 03:34:46 PM
Its actually 12 and counting.. Totally different team/squad from last season, It doesn't matter who is over QPR it will take a while for them players to gel as a team, they are all mainly foreign players which doesn't help. Park and Boswinga have obviously lots of experience of english footbal but alot haven't.

Spurs have signed Joao Moutinho, quality signing. Looks like they could have Llorente by mid-night aswell.

Spurs could also have Berbatov. Apparently the Fulham move isnt complete with rumours hes discussing personal terms with spurs

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Bensars on August 31, 2012, 04:34:54 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 31, 2012, 03:34:46 PM

Spurs could also have Berbatov. Apparently the Fulham move isnt complete with rumours hes discussing personal terms with spurs

Yes it is.