waste of money
f**k off
used to be good craic

eddie d

its good for derry ones cus we never know when games are on

AZOffaly

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 05, 2012, 03:30:59 PM
Quote from: Aristo 60 on September 05, 2012, 02:34:41 PM
[img]One contributor mentioned an evolving membership/contributor base which I suppose means some ebb and flow in terms of overall activity and the number of interesting threads.

For what it's worth I think that all contributors (and particularly senior/hero members) should do their bit to encourage the membership base to flourish and welcome new folk.

Maybe I'm wrong but at times I perceive new contributors get a somewhat cold shoulder from the so called heroes who prefer only to comment/reply on each others threads and comments. There is also the gauntlet each new contributor has to run through when the heroes  bring up the " you're a kid on summer holidays" stance. 

It would be nice to think that all board members remember they too were once newbies.

Anyway my door is always open.

ffs, school holidays not over yet................... :)
have to agree, though ive been around a bit, im not too regular a poster, but the amount of threads ive stopped in my tracks because im not in the clique would be embarassing if i gived a toss lol, but agree with you on that point, (if you can make sense of what im saying)
do have to say its not the craic it used to be, not the same volume of posts to read etc

Maybe it's not because you're a relative newbie. Maybe it's because your talking shite :D

I've never seen a newbie with something interesting to say being shot down. I've seen newbies who want this place to be like Football365 being given short shrift alright, but I think that's fair enough. Nothing against F365, and if that's your thing fair enough, but I think there a lot of people on this forum who've grown old with it :) I was about 25 when I joined it!!

Aristo 60

Thanks (AZ) Awfully  ;)

ONeill

[img]One contributor mentioned an evolving membership/contributor base which I suppose means some ebb and flow in terms of overall activity and the number of interesting threads.

For what it's worth I think that all contributors (and particularly senior/hero members) should do their bit to encourage the membership base to flourish and welcome new folk.

Maybe I'm wrong but at times I perceive new contributors get a somewhat cold shoulder from the so called heroes who prefer only to comment/reply on each others threads and comments. There is also the gauntlet each new contributor has to run through when the heroes  bring up the " you're a kid on summer holidays" stance. 

It would be nice to think that all board members remember they too were once newbies.

Hi shut your pipehole Mr 86 posts. OK?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laoislad

Another decent thing about the board is meeting some of the lads who post here.
I've met about a dozen and all were sound.
Well except for Shamrock Shore, the hoor spent the whole time trying to sell me a set of jerseys and some hurls.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gold

Quote from: ONeill on September 05, 2012, 06:03:14 PM

I dont post that much compared to many but there isnt a day goes by when im not reading the board.
I think its the best website on the web and like reading the Antrim Football Threads the most (though not enough people post on it!)

General Discussion Board is v good but i miss the New and Improved Hot Ladies Thread NSFW !

We need an Even Newer and Improved Hot Ladies Thread!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Tony Baloney

Quote from: AFS on September 05, 2012, 10:13:59 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on September 01, 2012, 06:04:56 PM
(b) gaaboard.com has done very well to last like it has and keep up it's popularity as long as it has.

The board's stats would suggest that the place has been heading out of fashion for a while now. There's only half the chat there was three years ago.
Maybe the quality of chat has improved!

Anyway, those stats - fcuk there has been some shite talked about Derry football!

trileacman

Quote from: Gold on September 05, 2012, 06:44:28 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 05, 2012, 06:03:14 PM

I dont post that much compared to many but there isnt a day goes by when im not reading the board.
I think its the best website on the web and like reading the Antrim Football Threads the most (though not enough people post on it!)

General Discussion Board is v good but i miss the New and Improved Hot Ladies Thread NSFW !

We need an Even Newer and Improved Hot Ladies Thread!

The reason this board is great is the Iris thread and the Rachel Riley thread, some craic. Also for all the shite and arguments you get some good stuff from the board, whether it is scandal, good jokes or a few videos or advice.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

JimStynes

Still not half the craic it used to be though. Mods kill the craic!!

Mayo4Sam

I think for a while all threads turned into the same arguments, destroyed the board for a couple of years but lately it's been improving again I think.
Some new posters provide great craic, like Olly, poster of the year IMHO.
The mayo lads have a wealth of information on everything mayo related, even I'd Barney isn't seen enough.

Also think its gas to see lads grow up on the board, I remember O'Neill making up a fee different aliases for himself and coming on backing up his opinion. There was a dope from Dublin that did it a couple of years ago and forgot who he was logged in as, swore blind he wasn't both posters, a good laugh.

I think in general we've stayed away from the reservoir dubs, HS standard
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ONeill

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 05, 2012, 11:11:20 PM

Also think its gas to see lads grow up on the board, I remember O'Neill making up a fee different aliases for himself and coming on backing up his opinion.

Really? Could you point me in the right direction, or even a little hint?

trileacman

Quote from: ONeill on September 05, 2012, 11:30:20 PM

Also think its gas to see lads grow up on the board, I remember O'Neill making up a fee different aliases for himself and coming on backing up his opinion.

Ah just cause you have a billion posts, you think you're mister f**king big, I mind when you hadn't an arse in your trousers!
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tony Baloney

For fcuk sake O'Neill every man and his dog knows you were/are Armagh4SamAgain, Olly and ziggysego.

ONeill

Those three clifts couldn't back up an exercise book.

ONeill

Quote from: trileacman on September 05, 2012, 11:37:18 PM

Ah just cause you have a billion posts, you think you're mister f**king big, I mind when you hadn't an arse in your trousers!

You should see my arse now.