Car Servicing/Maintaince

Started by GJL, August 29, 2012, 05:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: bigfrank on January 08, 2015, 02:26:06 PM
Hi was wondering if anyone would have an answer for the following,when i push my indicator up/down the lights dont work but when i hold it inbetween off and fully on they work fine??

Reminds me of the two bucks in Kerry. One lad asks the other to stand behind the car and check if the indicators are working. ""Yep-No-Yep-No-Yep-No"

GJL

Quote from: bigfrank on January 08, 2015, 02:26:06 PM
Hi was wondering if anyone would have an answer for the following,when i push my indicator up/down the lights dont work but when i hold it inbetween off and fully on they work fine??

Switch is fooked.

johnneycool

anyone know where I might be able to pick up a power steering hose (from steering rack to pump) for a 2006 A4 2.0 TDi?

I think the part number is 8E244893AT.

Audi are looking almost £300 scoobies for it FFS.

WeeDonns

Driving the OH's 2008 Seat Leon the other night and it gave a loud bang out of it and stopped dead. Got a local mechanic to collect it and have a look. He says the engine is fecked and needs a new one - less than 70,000 miles on the clock

I've been having a google and it seems its a known problem with BXE engines fitted to 07/08 leons.

Has anyone any experience of it happening? Trying to figure out if its worth replacing it and hoping it doesn't happen on the next engine or selling it as it is.
Will cost around £1800-1900 to replace I'm told

Last Man

If you are going for a new engine a BKC is the one to go for apparently, The BXE is notorious for throwing a leg out. Try Quigg Bros.

omagh_gael

What would the symptoms of a broken/damaged steering rack?

Hereiam

I suspect there would be alot of play in the steering and possibly a cracking noise when turn on a full lock.

redzone

car starter is makes a whizzing/whirling sound sometimes and doesn't turn over. then I try it again and it starts ok. it is getting more frequent now maybe once a day. any ideas. diesel car

illdecide

Yes, you will soon require a new starter for your car so start saving as they're not cheap. I replaced mine recently and it was about £140 (Toyota)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

sensethetone

My car was making that noise when i went to start it it the cold weather few weeks ago, had a fair idea it was the starter but it hasn't happened for a while now(touch wood)

pullhard

Car failed its MOT, Brakes discs and pads. confirmed safe to drive, they quoted £250 repair. Is this a fair price?

awideisneverasgood

Can anybody recommend somewhere to get a tow bar fitted in Dungannon / Armagh / Portdaown area?

on the sideline

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Came out of work this afternoon to find all 4 windows had opened fully by themselves.
This is the second time it has happened, the last being over a year ago, but seeing as it seemed to be a once off my mechanic said not to worry about it.

I'm lucky that it's a secure car park at work, but worried about this happening anywhere else!

Would the heat have had some kind of effect today? But then again it's not happened on equally hot or hotter days before.

btw the car was locked, but the alarm didn't go off which also surprised me. 

It's a 2007 Jetta.

Agent Orange

You probaby have "comfort close" windows on your car and if you keep your key in your pocket you are activating it inadvertently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW7VwJIRK1g