Cork v Donegal Semi Final

Started by All of a Sludden, August 05, 2012, 05:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

haranguerer

Quote from: drici on August 24, 2012, 01:46:45 PM

Fair fucks to them, serious value. They must be healthy enough financially wise!!

caraghtyrone

Excellent idea and great gesture from the club concerned for their members in the times that are in it.  Also well in with the ethos of the GAA.

Well done all concerned, best wishes for a safe and victorious trip!

Donegal Abu!

royals12

i think if donegal score a goal then they will win, because if they get a goal and are winning then id imagine they will shut up shop and make cork score from distance and when your playing donegal even when they are leading by 2 or 3 points its very hard for the other team to get back into it so cork will need to make sure donegal dont score a goal or get a good lead early on.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: CorkMan on August 25, 2012, 10:31:18 PM
A lot of the Cork crowd would be waiting for the final. I'm not being cocky, but it's just the way we are.

Would that be the case if you played Kerry in the semi final instead of Donegal?

Orchardman

just thinking, that armagh and donegal played in the 2003 semi final and remember it being a full house, 80000 anyway. Outside of dublin games, i cant remember any semi final even getting anywhere near that, they struggle for 60,000.

Armagh and donegal also played to a sell out croker in 2004 ulster final, though hill 16 was closed for building work, wat a day that was! these were bigger crowds than any armagh tyrone games of same era

donegal by 3 tomorrow, some feed of pints after it

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Orchardman on August 26, 2012, 01:24:12 AM
just thinking, that armagh and donegal played in the 2003 semi final and remember it being a full house, 80000 anyway. Outside of dublin games, i cant remember any semi final even getting anywhere near that, they struggle for 60,000.

Armagh and donegal also played to a sell out croker in 2004 ulster final, though hill 16 was closed for building work, wat a day that was! these were bigger crowds than any armagh tyrone games of same era

donegal by 3 tomorrow, some feed of pints after it

Mayo v Fermanagh 2004 had a huge crowd, I think it was reported 55,000 came up from Mayo alone, those be the days.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

CorkMan

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 26, 2012, 01:11:06 AM
Quote from: CorkMan on August 25, 2012, 10:31:18 PM
A lot of the Cork crowd would be waiting for the final. I'm not being cocky, but it's just the way we are.

Would that be the case if you played Kerry in the semi final instead of Donegal?

Probably not tbh.

ardchieftain

Best of luck to Donegal today.
I'm looking forward to this game a lot, it should be a titanic clash.
Ulaidh go brea

borderfox

Hoping Donegal can win today. Best of luck Tir Connaill
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

cadence

C'MON DONEGAL!!!!!! STUCK IN!!!!!

Fuzzman

Can't believe it but I've got a pass out to my 2nd successive Donegal game. I even put on a green & yella top as thought my Everton wan might''t be appreciated and RTE might pick it up. I think Funegal will have something new up their sleave & Counihan will be too slow to work it out. Donegal by 4 with Cork having 2 sent off

Hardy

Estimator

Ulster League Champions 2009

EC Unique