Dublin v Mayo - AISF

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: Hardy on September 04, 2012, 10:53:52 PM
One thing puzzled me. Why do you need to be semi-carted off with a dislocated/broken finger? How does that affect your walking?

He was given oxygen. Someone else said he had actually fainted.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

sans pessimism

One thing puzzled me. Why do you need to be semi-carted off with a dislocated/broken finger? How does that affect your walking?
Have ye ever got injured and the pain was so severe that your legs just go from under you.....I'd  say that was it-Brolly would probably say he was being cynical!!
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

highorlow

QuoteHe was given oxygen. Someone else said he had actually fainted

Aye one of the lads at work said that it was shown on rte them trying to pop the finger back in but the camera panned away. When the camera panned back they were giving the poor buck a blast of oxygen.

Mind you I could have done with some myself from the 62nd minute onwards.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

squire_in_navy_slacks

Hugely disappointing day yesterday in Croke Park for all involved. Congrats to my old college mate @alan_dillon and Mayo on their win.
3 Sep

That was the Barry Cahill bucko tweeting on Monday... Any reports from David Brady  buckos ? Is he still banging his chest

moysider

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 04, 2012, 10:46:03 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on September 04, 2012, 10:07:00 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 04, 2012, 09:44:40 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on September 04, 2012, 09:35:44 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 04, 2012, 06:52:53 PM
Quote from: highorlow on September 04, 2012, 06:24:38 PM
QuoteI'd no clue you could use limitless subs in the case of injuries,

It's limited alright but blood subs are a different item.

I saw McLoughlin's one and it looked like his head accidently clashed with McCarthy's boot. Varley was acting like he was pushing his man out of the way and his nose clashed with the backs elbow. I can't remember our 3rd blood sub? Then we had the standard 5 changes.

Gilroy has a lot to answer for alright....did yer man Mickey Whealan retiring have anything to do with some of the bad calls....what was his role in the backroom team last year?
Think it was for Keegan. Obviously hoped they could re locate the finger on the side of the pitch. There was nice wound to go with it to which is fairly unusual for dislocations.

That could have happened if he has a compound fracture and the bone came through the skin. Will he be alright for the final or is it still unknown?
Aye, but Sean Moffatt wouldn't have signaled a blood sub if there was a bone coming through the skin, he would have been off  permanently Obviously had a look at it and deemed it a dislocation and hope he would have been able to return I'd say.

Dislocated. Will be ok for final is what i heard.

Keegan was interviewed after and said he would be fine. I taught he went off to hospital during the game though so its hard to think he was ever coming back on.

Seems he was back in Croker before the game was finished.

We could have done with him on the pitch the game and hopefully he ll be ok for the final. Richie Feeney is a worry and both missing would be critical.
The trick with dislocated fingers is to pop them out as quickly as possible. Ideally Clarkey could have done it but he may have suspected a fracture. I ve done a few on the pitch - including one of my own and a thumb( thankfully that was somebody else :D) - but nowadays you have to go by the book and it s casualty/doctor all the way. Dr Seán would have tried to pop it out but then - correctly - decided to look at the bigger picture. The player was distressed and no point continuing the process on the pitch. No 2 dislocations are the same and a bad one would put anybody on their hole.

criostlinn

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 04, 2012, 10:46:03 PM
Quote from: criostlinn on September 04, 2012, 10:07:00 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 04, 2012, 09:44:40 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on September 04, 2012, 09:35:44 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 04, 2012, 06:52:53 PM
Quote from: highorlow on September 04, 2012, 06:24:38 PM
QuoteI'd no clue you could use limitless subs in the case of injuries,

It's limited alright but blood subs are a different item.

I saw McLoughlin's one and it looked like his head accidently clashed with McCarthy's boot. Varley was acting like he was pushing his man out of the way and his nose clashed with the backs elbow. I can't remember our 3rd blood sub? Then we had the standard 5 changes.

Gilroy has a lot to answer for alright....did yer man Mickey Whealan retiring have anything to do with some of the bad calls....what was his role in the backroom team last year?
Think it was for Keegan. Obviously hoped they could re locate the finger on the side of the pitch. There was nice wound to go with it to which is fairly unusual for dislocations.

That could have happened if he has a compound fracture and the bone came through the skin. Will he be alright for the final or is it still unknown?
Aye, but Sean Moffatt wouldn't have signaled a blood sub if there was a bone coming through the skin, he would have been off  permanently Obviously had a look at it and deemed it a dislocation and hope he would have been able to return I'd say.

Dislocated. Will be ok for final is what i heard.

Keegan was interviewed after and said he would be fine. I taught he went off to hospital during the game though so its hard to think he was ever coming back on.

Seems he was back in Croker before the game was finished.

Maybe. But I taught he didnt get until the other players were togged in

cuconnacht

Quote from: DuffleKing on September 04, 2012, 10:56:41 PM

Exactly right. baffled me at the time
Will help ye with that one Hardy and Duffle,break/dislocate each others finger and see how  well ye keep your feet ::)

cuconnacht

Quote from: Jinxy on August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM
Mayos to lose on todays evidence.
Discuss.
19 points to sixteen.End of discussion ;D

Hardy

Quote from: cuconnacht on September 05, 2012, 06:33:03 AM

Will help ye with that one Hardy and Duffle,break/dislocate each others finger and see how  well ye keep your feet ::)

What? I don't stand on my hands.

JimStynes

anywhere online to watch the match or highlights lads?

Tubberman

Quote from: Hardy on September 05, 2012, 09:59:42 AM

Really? Most apes are capable of that I thought?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Hardy

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: JimStynes on September 05, 2012, 10:08:30 AM
anywhere online to watch the match or highlights lads?

http://www.rte.ie/player/#s=latest&g=2012-09-02

You'll have to be on the island of Ireland to watch that link. Its got two links one hightlights, one the game, only on RTE for 4 more days.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

cuconnacht

Quote from: Tubberman on September 05, 2012, 11:33:18 AM
Quote from: Hardy on September 05, 2012, 09:59:42 AM

Really? Most apes are capable of that I thought?
;D ;D Class Tubber,pure class ;D

Lar Naparka

Watching the game on Sunday, I felt that, while McQuillan was making lots of wrong calls, he still managed to get to the end without any major incident.
Since then, I've had a good luck at a video of the game and I've revised my opinion- he made an ass's haemes of it.
I'm not saying that all his wrong calls favoured the Dubs; he let Mayo lads away with a few double hops and he managed to yellow the wrong man even after consulting with his officials.
Maybe his linesmen and umpires were at fault in some cases also- the umpire on the nearest side should have spotted that McMenamon had shinned the ball over the line when a 45 was awarded to Dublin, which Clucko pointed. That was no fault of the Dubs but that point might well have proved crucial.
The umpires at the other end were up to their task either.
I don't know what led up to the incident where McMahon dropped Varley with an elbow jab but the umpires at the Dublin end should have been on the watch out for off the ball incidents. However, what happened next does concern me.
Varley was clearly stunned as he lay on the ground and O'Carroll proceeded  to grab him and dragged him to his feet and then gave him a few good shakes. That was an extremely dangerous thing to do as Varley could have had a brain or a spine injury. He put up no resistance and it should have been obvious to all that he was genuinely injured.
Yet McQuillan made no big deal of it. Neither did his umpires.
Thankfully, it appears that he wasn't seriously injured and is making a good recovery but things might have gone seriously wrong for him if he had been.  McStay in his commentary reckoned that O'Carroll should have been given a yellow card but it's going to take more than yellow cards to put an end to this practice of players dragging others on the ground around the place. This wasn't the first such incident and it won't be the last until it's made a sending off offence.  I'm not thinking of what happened on Sunday only - it goes on all the time.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi