Dublin v Mayo - AISF

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Lar Naparka

Quote from: highorlow on September 03, 2012, 02:07:45 PM
QuoteI think his officials must take a great part of the blame for some of his mistakes but, all in all, he managed to do nothing that changed the course of the game.

If Brogan got a goal that time that 50 that shinned off McManamon and should have been wide would have been a talking point.

I thought Clucko pointed that 50. (Point no. 13 I think.) The umpire got his call wrong for that one as it was really a wide, plain as daylight.  It's hard to see why the Dub who burst Varley's nose didn't even get a card for his troubles. LIke the 50 incident, the umpires at that end were asleep on the job. But Mayo got away with a few incidents also, none of them as serious as a few  he failed to penalise Dublin for. I don't think he was biased really, just incompetent pure and simple.
It was more down to good luck than to good referring that Joe Mac isn't hogging the headlines today.
I sure hope he doesn't get the final.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 03, 2012, 02:42:16 PM

Is that Micheal Ring two rows ahead of Bertie, to the left of the photo obscured by another head. I could imagine the roaring comming out of Ring, lol.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

highorlow

QuoteIs that Micheal Ring two rows ahead of Bertie, to the left of the photo obscured by another head. I could imagine the roaring comming out of Ring, lol.

Quinn must have a few quid on the Dubs by the looks him!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

From the Bunker

Quote from: highorlow on September 03, 2012, 03:02:29 PM
QuoteIs that Micheal Ring two rows ahead of Bertie, to the left of the photo obscured by another head. I could imagine the roaring comming out of Ring, lol.

Quinn must have a few quid on the Dubs by the looks him!

More Quinn money gone down the swanney!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

It has to be said Mayo's defending at the end was unreal. This pic shows at least 21 players in or about the Mayo square.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on September 03, 2012, 04:27:07 PM
It has to be said Mayo's defending at the end was unreal. This pic shows at least 21 players in or about the Mayo square.

That was the last kick of the game when cluxton dropped the ball into the square.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Captain Obvious

Quote from: heffo on September 03, 2012, 08:39:08 AM
Well done Mayo, better and hungrier team on the day.

Enjoy the next few weeks, no better feeling than waking up and finding your county in an AI final.

Waking up and finding your county as All Ireland champions is a better feeling.

ballinaman

thebuzz

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on September 03, 2012, 02:36:49 PM
I missed about the first 15 minuts of the game but of what I did see I thought Mayo were very impressive.  I thought the movement in the forward line was excellent, their score takingtop drawer, the midfield solid and expressive while the defence were excellent, particulalry the FB line, in reading the passes inside to the FF line.  They have the playing style to beat Donegal if, and its a big if, they can match their work rate.  The one thing that impressed me was how they were able to commit "good" fouls at key times, the only criticism of it though was that they committed them too close to the goals and will need to improve on that.

As for the Dublin comeback I think you can attribute that to a few things.  Mayo did physically tire and that is to be expected.  Dublin started winning the hard ball, particulalry when McMenamin went on and in O'Gara they actually had a target in the FF line which was working.  Secondly, Dublin are the masters of the blitzkrieg attack.  Once they get their tails up, particulalry playing into the Hill, they regularly run off 5-6 points in a very short period of time, normally punctuated with a goal or 2.  The goals didn't come, thanks mostly to Clarke with a couple of excellent saves and Mayo really should thank him profusely for that.  The difference though that I see in Mayo now and Mayo for the last 20 odd years is that this team look very mentally strong and unlike previous Mayo teams the forward line is not based around a Messianic figure like McDonald but on a unit of players who know their jobs and can complete their tasks very effectively, which consequently breeds immense insular and collective confidence.  I really woul like to see them winning it this year as they play the best football of all the teams in it and it would lift a massive weight off the shoulders of an entire county.

In the past Dublin would just have had to double mark McDonald and that would have put Mayo under pressure. It wouldn't have mattered who they double marked yesterday.
Previous Mayo teams (like alot of other counties let it be said) would have caved in when Dublin staged their comeback. My daughter felt she needed to calm me down because I was going mental when two points were missed in quick succession by Mayo. They still kept going despite that and got the important point to give them a breathing space.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: ballinaman on September 03, 2012, 05:29:04 PM

That Alan lad should get some rest, he looks Shattered  :D

Also note where Ring is in this photo compared to the ones on previous page, poor Bertie has gone home already  ;D

neilthemac

I hope they all paid for their own tickets!

and that the taxpayer nor the GAA are covering their social outings.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: neilthemac on September 03, 2012, 05:59:44 PM
I hope they all paid for their own tickets!

and that the taxpayer nor the GAA are covering their social outings.

What would make you think they didn't pay for their tickets?