Dublin v Mayo - AISF

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

blast05

Donie Vaughan - with a license to roam cos of following MDMc - to be the difference. With an engine like a Ferrari that hasn't hit top gear this summer, i feel he is the 1 ingredient in the mix that can make Mayo resulting in a scoreline of
Mayo 2-9
Dublin 1-11

Regardless of my 'prediction', i haven't seen his potential influence being discussed anywhere which is strange considering he scored 3 pts from play at the same stage last year off Declan O'Sullivan.
Actually, the analogy with a Ferrari is incorrect .... as a former champion cross country runner the point should be that he will keep going at 80% of top speed for the entire 70 minutes if necessary which no other player in the pitch would be able to match.

heffo

I'm not sure that the Dublin team named will start.

cuconnacht

Quote from: kevmy on August 31, 2012, 10:55:14 AM
I've a funny feeling either Jimmy Nallen or JH asked Mac to do those interviews yesterday. Media go crazy looking for an interview with the man, loads of talk of '06 and JoM and no talk at all about Mayo 2012. Maybe those rumours about a call going into Mac to help out weren't complete bull after all ;D

Getting back to Sunday can anyone recall the match-ups for the league game, specifically who picked up Connolly? I've a feeling it was either Keane or McHale. Whoever it was Connolly didn't fancy him much.

For the next day I'd like to see Keane take Connolly and Caff take B Brogan. I would assume A Brogan will play at CF and I'd have Keegan take him. If McAuley goes out the field I'd have Zippy follow him out. We need to go man-to-man in my view. You cannot sacrifice a forward or midfielder against Dublin because of their short kick-out strategy. The haven't the best fielders of the ball at midfield but both McAuley and Bastick are mobile and if we leave them free they will have an extra man off their kickouts.

We lost the game doing this against Cork in the regular league game but JH had copped onto it by the Dublin game. However Dublin played a standard formation that day. We'll have to adjust if McAuley is played as a third midfielder.
why would they Kevmy?

cadence

i see breheny in the indo today has tipped the dubs... one nail in the coffin coming up! 

Farrandeelin

Quote from: cadence on September 01, 2012, 07:15:57 AM
i see breheny in the indo today has tipped the dubs... one nail in the coffin coming up!

Sure that hoor never predicts anything Mayo regardless of the opposition. Dubs needn't be worried about that. I do agree with blast, discussion on Donie Vaughan has been minimal. Indeed we must remember that Mayo play a running game with all halfbacks, midfielders and half forwards able to chip in with a few scores at any stage. So do Dublin I suppose.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo Mick

We will create more chances than the Dubs as we are better team. If we take them we will win comfortably enough. Expect we will prevail by 4 or 5 pts.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

heffo

Quote from: Mayo Mick on September 01, 2012, 10:50:15 AM
We will create more chances than the Dubs as we are better team. If we take them we will win comfortably enough. Expect we will prevail by 4 or 5 pts.

Thats the spirit Mick, top of the world!

Bod Mor

Quote from: heffo on September 01, 2012, 10:56:49 AM

The attitude seems to be surely on an upward spiral as the game draws nearer. It'll be a close game.
I reckon the fitter team will win and this is exactly why we put Down to the sword, ran them ragged.
Cian O'Neill has done some job in this regard. In the Semi last year, we just simply ran out of steam half way through the second half.
If we start well and throw down the gauntlet early,  it'll be up to the Dubs to start chasing the game. For me, Dillon is the key player tomorrow if we are to prevail. If he is on fire like he was against Down, kicking points from abroad on Jones's Rd, then we will win. I know this might be a bit harsh but whenever Dillon is on form, so are Mayo.
Wish the game was today! Ar aghaidh linn!!
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

heffo

Quote from: Bod Mor on September 01, 2012, 11:30:25 AM
Quote from: heffo on September 01, 2012, 10:56:49 AM

I reckon the fitter team will win

Fitness to be the deciding factor in an AI semi final??

Hound

They were saying in the DubHub (a preview night in a pub in Dublin with a host of ex "stars") that Ciaran Kilkenny will be starting for the Dubs tomorrow. Apparently the story has been picked up in the Herdild today. Not sure who'll lose out, the presumption is Alan Brogan

the Deel Rover

can't wait for the game . Whats's the weather like in the big smoke ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

smelly fairy

Fresh and Sunny.. Tomorrow's promised sunny sunny sunny...  8)

mayo.mick

The word going around that Alan Brogan won't be starting tomorrow.
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Tubberman

Quote from: mayo.mick on September 01, 2012, 04:49:54 PM
The word going around that Alan Brogan won't be starting tomorrow.

And that ciaran kilkenny will
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."