Dublin v Mayo - AISF

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 15, 2012, 02:20:49 PM
Joe McQuillan is reffing it. Nuff said.

That hoor gave 35 of the softest frees against us last year v Tyrone.

In case there there any doubt whatsoever about the Mayo juggernaught steamrolling over the poor Dubs then that's the final nail in the coffin.

blast05

Quote from: diehard on August 15, 2012, 09:16:14 PM
Blast05 - you can change a gameplan  (tactics or way of playing - whatever terms you like) in minutes! Your own experience of reshuffling your own team proves that.  Whether it is intentional or accidental is irrelevant as long as it works.
And that is what I hope for against the Dubs - a reshuffle that ensures we get plenty of posession in scoring positions.

I disagree .... you can tweak at the edges at best - but you can't change the habits developed in the team over many months in a short period of time (and expect to continue to remain effective)..... in our case - a huge amount of ball always finding its way into the corners where Andy showed time after time and won everything. In the absence of that outlet then you are forced to do more than tweaking and i don't think the scale of change is possible. You are left hoping that the things i detailed in my last post happen

As for my experience it was luck .... but if we are depending on that then good luck !

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: heffo on August 15, 2012, 09:35:32 PM

In case there there any doubt whatsoever about the Mayo juggernaught steamrolling over the poor Dubs then that's the final nail in the coffin.

Nice one Heffo!

Crete Boom

He seemed to warm to you between the Tyrone match and the All Ireland final. Must have got to know you better after reffing all thoses A v B training games ;)
Anyone remember this letter , http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/have-your-say-3182704.html.
Intereseting insight on ref's performances.

heffo

Quote from: Crete Boom on August 16, 2012, 01:59:17 PM

He seemed to warm to you between the Tyrone match and the All Ireland final. Must have got to know you better after reffing all thoses A v B training games ;)
Anyone remember this letter , http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/have-your-say-3182704.html.
Intereseting insight on ref's performances.

That is a pretty ill-informed letter.

Counties have been and continue to use current IC referees since the days of Micko in the 70's.

It's quite a common practice and can't for the life of my aside from the writer being woefully ignorant, would he find it 'disturbing'.

Declan

I've said all year that I think Mayo are in with a great shot for Sam. I've a lot of time for Horan and I think he has Mayo in the right frame of mind for September in Croker. Moran is a huge loss no doubt but unless the Dubs can improve from their last few performances I'd have them as favourites for the 2nd.
I'd like to think with Alan back we can step it up a bit and I do get the feeling that we have a big performance in us so here's hoping - though I'd take a bad performance and a win anyday ;)

From the Bunker

Quote from: Declan on August 16, 2012, 05:03:09 PM
I've said all year that I think Mayo are in with a great shot for Sam. I've a lot of time for Horan and I think he has Mayo in the right frame of mind for September in Croker. Moran is a huge loss no doubt but unless the Dubs can improve from their last few performances I'd have them as favourites for the 2nd.
I'd like to think with Alan back we can step it up a bit and I do get the feeling that we have a big performance in us so here's hoping - though I'd take a bad performance and a win anyday ;)

Dublin are stale at the moment, but really in all their games though not convincing, they have never been under any threat of being beaten. The AI is all about peaking, especially for the contenders. Pundits talk about Mayo being poor against Sligo and Dublin being poor against Meath, but in reality both teams were looking further than a provincial crown whereas for their opponents it would have marked a successful year to have captured their provence.

ross4life

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 16, 2012, 08:39:21 PM
Quote from: Declan on August 16, 2012, 05:03:09 PM

Dublin are stale at the moment, but really in all their games though not convincing, they have never been under any threat of being beaten. The AI is all about peaking, especially for the contenders. Pundits talk about Mayo being poor against Sligo and Dublin being poor against Meath, but in reality both teams were looking further than a provincial crown whereas for their opponents it would have marked a successful year to have captured their provence.

In truth Sligo,Meath put it up to Dublin,Mayo in the finals unlike say Down did in quarter final. It's interesting semi final i sense our neighbours are very confident about reaching another final, the Dubs haven't been great so far although good enough to reach the last four maybe now they will turn it on like they did v Tyrone last year.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Syferus

So lads, I got tickets for Sept. 2nd! Remember to be wary of strangers, there's a spy in your midst  :-*

MaigheoAbu

[/quote]                                                                                                                                           Dublin haven't been playing well at all in the last few games especially against laois in the QF!But saying that,they managed to beat laois so we will just have to see on Semi Final day,what the outcome will be!!

MaigheoAbu

Quote from: blast05 on August 17, 2012, 10:34:13 PM
Hmm, this changes things ... http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=175573&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Just had a look at this!It certainly changes things is right but we will just have to wait and see!

Mayo4Sam

There's reports that O'Gara and Connolly had a dust up in training. If its true it could be a sign of whole hearted commitment or disquiet in the camp. From the Dubs I've spoken to there's not many who thought Connolly doesn't deserve a good clip, patience seems to be wearing thin with him
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

rrhf

Sometimes theres a bit of sorting out needs doing, Kerry are famous for it.  It's normally the alpha male leaders warming the ears of their wayward cubs.  Dara O se was the man for Kerry, Eugene Mc Kenna used to do it for Tyrone, Feargal Doc got no success when trying to sort out the problems in Derry, but in Dublin which one is the leader here,  O Gara?  If its for the greater goal, and a lad needs sorting I think its not a bad thing, otherwise fights for no reason arent helpful and indicate unhappiness and distrust. 

From the Bunker

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 18, 2012, 10:01:05 AM
There's reports that O'Gara and Connolly had a dust up in training. If its true it could be a sign of whole hearted commitment or disquiet in the camp. From the Dubs I've spoken to there's not many who thought Connolly doesn't deserve a good clip, patience seems to be wearing thin with him

I would see that as a positive for Dublin - players fighting for places. Ger Loughnane always said that a happy going into a Championship game will come a cropper!