Dublin v Mayo - AISF

Started by Jinxy, August 04, 2012, 08:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: rrhf on August 06, 2012, 04:39:10 PM
Surely there'll be a stempede for the return of the mort now that poor Moran is out.
Time to bury the hatchet, Conoreen.  Your county needs you!   

Mort can't do what Andy did for the team. We have other players who can do much the same as Conor can, so I can't see there being a big move made to get him back on board.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ross4life

The performances Dublin delivered v Laois,Meath,Wexford won't be good enough to defeat Mayo. It's intriguing semi final one which Mayo have excellent chance of reaching another All Ireland final.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

blast05

Quote from: seafoid on August 06, 2012, 04:24:33 PM
Horan has the head stuff in order even  if the fans have the traditional nihilism. It might as well be this year . You make your own luck . Why not Mayo?

In fairness Seafoid, the nihilism is well gone.
Would have been very confident of victory with Moran. Without him it remains to be seen .... depends on if anyone else can step up in training etc. in the next few weeks

stephenite

Apart from his mother and only one of the brothers no one wants him back

saffronandblue

What ever about Mortimer, it's time to bring Kilcoyne back.  A far better player than three of the lads been chosen at the moment, and has been right in form all year.  I know a couple of lads on the panel and they are baffled as to why he is not involved.  He is no Gooch I will admit, but he is a hell of a lot better than our other options.  The last day was the third game in a row where our other forward options have been shown up as not been good enough.  Blocked shots, dropping the balls into the goalies hand when Down were a dead duck, was very worrying.

Why is Horan not picking players on form. ....Kilcoyne has played well this year and it would not take much to get him back from across the water.

Feeney to get a start the next day as well I hope........might even be a half forward option, but then again James might not have forgiven him yet.  Mayo have not got the strength in depth to win an All-Ireland without our best players on the field.  I hope Horan does not do a Maughan on it..........

Tubberman

Quote from: saffronandblue on August 06, 2012, 10:29:47 PM
What ever about Mortimer, it's time to bring Kilcoyne back.  A far better player than three of the lads been chosen at the moment, and has been right in form all year.  I know a couple of lads on the panel and they are baffled as to why he is not involved.  He is no Gooch I will admit, but he is a hell of a lot better than our other options.  The last day was the third game in a row where our other forward options have been shown up as not been good enough.  Blocked shots, dropping the balls into the goalies hand when Down were a dead duck, was very worrying.

Why is Horan not picking players on form. ....Kilcoyne has played well this year and it would not take much to get him back from across the water.

Feeney to get a start the next day as well I hope........might even be a half forward option, but then again James might not have forgiven him yet.  Mayo have not got the strength in depth to win an All-Ireland without our best players on the field.  I hope Horan does not do a Maughan on it..........

I haven't seen Kilcoyne play this year so won't comment on his form, but I don't think it's realistic to bringing fella into the panel at this stage when they're not even based in the country.
[/quote]
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

saffronandblue

Quote from: Tubberman on August 06, 2012, 11:16:52 PM

I haven't seen Kilcoyne play this year so won't comment on his form, but I don't think it's realistic to bringing fella into the panel at this stage when they're not even based in the country.
[/quote]

He should have been on the panel all year never mind now and has been in the country until very recently.  Players have been brought into the panel as the year has gone on, McGarrity been a case in point. 

Mortimer, Moran, Harte, Cambell are four forwards gone from the panel for various reasons in recent times.  Add in another 3 who are playing poorly then Horan needs to have good look around.  Was there not some very recent additions to the panel?????    No one will convince me that there are 13 or 14 better forwards in the County than Kilcoyne. 

From the Bunker

Quote from: saffronandblue on August 06, 2012, 11:33:35 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 06, 2012, 11:16:52 PM

He should have been on the panel all year never mind now and has been in the country until very recently.  Players have been brought into the panel as the year has gone on, McGarrity been a case in point. 

Mortimer, Moran, Harte, Cambell are four forwards gone from the panel for various reasons in recent times.  Add in another 3 who are playing poorly then Horan needs to have good look around.  Was there not some very recent additions to the panel?????    No one will convince me that there are 13 or 14 better forwards in the County than Kilcoyne. 
[/quote]

There is no team of the last four counties left bringing players into the panel. Jez what would that say to the group assembled over the year? Thanks for your commitment, but there's a lad better than most of you and we are just going to parachute him in. He knows feck all about what we have been preaching over the last couple of months, but we'll take the chance he can take a crash course. Look we'll make do with what we have. They may have some limitations, but there is a team ethic to adhere to and that starts with management treating them like team, not individuals. Would be totally unfair on Kilcoyne as well, as there would be unreal expectations on a player if this did happen.

saffronandblue

I heard of a player been drafted in very recently so hence my comments.  4 forwards have gone from the panel in the past month.......if no players are added then we don't even have enough lads to play a 15 a side A v's B game in training do we not?   What if more lads get injured in the coming weeks?

Declan

Have been impressed by Mayo all year and they were very good on Sat. Very sorry to hear that Moran has fallen victim to the cruciate curse , will be a big loss. Dublin are in a semi-final without having played that well which says something about every other team out there - vintage era my arse. Think it could be a good game myself and hopefully Alan will be back. I'd like to think we can push on a bit but we certainly don't look as if we could beat Donegal or Cork.

omagh_gael

Has anyone ever had such an easy route to an AI semi than Mayo have had this year?

seanog

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 07, 2012, 01:38:43 PM
Has anyone ever had such an easy route to an AI semi than Mayo have had this year?

Yeah it used to happen every other year in the 70s/80s 90s till the backdoor was introduced . Mayo had a very tough game v Sligo btw.

the Deel Rover

Aye loads .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

GalwayBayBoy

Probably been the easiest route to the semis alright of the four teams left although Dublin's probably isn't too far behind it.

An Gaeilgoir

Did you not read any of the pre-match articles before the Down game, the general opinion was a very tight game, with only one pundit going for Mayo, Mayo come out and blow Down apart, playing well and putting up a great score, now the mood has changed to Down are shite, ye cant have it everyway. Mayo can only play the teams laid out for them, as for easy......... look pre-back door.........