All Ireland Minor Football Championship 2012

Started by Rossfan, July 19, 2012, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

30 minutes played in Clones:

Tyrone 0-08  Monaghan 1-03
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Half time whistle blows in Clones
Tyrone 0-08 Monaghan 1-04
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Captain Obvious

Another Ulster minor title in the bag for Tyrone it looks like they will be playing Meath next.

omagh_gael

So it's Tyrone v Meath and Monaghan v dublin. Double header in Breffni?

Dougal Maguire

Still gutted about Armagh. Scored 19 points and out in the first round, while Kerry who lost twice are still in. This can't be right
Careful now

Syferus

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 22, 2012, 05:16:27 PM
Still gutted about Armagh. Scored 19 points and out in the first round, while Kerry who lost twice are still in. This can't be right

Sure we'll fix that for ye. Think of it as an apology for wrecking the seniors in the Hyde.

Onlooker

With Dublin beating Meath by 12 points in the Minor Final in Leinster and Tyrone beating Monaghan by just 3 points in Clones, I would expect the bookmakers to have a serious look at the odds for the All Ireland.   Dublin will surely return to the position that they were in at this stage last year and be installed as favourites with the other fancied teams Tipperary, Tyrone and Roscommon drifting in the betting.

Syferus

Quote from: Onlooker on July 22, 2012, 05:49:08 PM
With Dublin beating Meath by 12 points in the Minor Final in Leinster and Tyrone beating Monaghan by just 3 points in Clones, I would expect the bookmakers to have a serious look at the odds for the All Ireland.   Dublin will surely return to the position that they were in at this stage last year and be installed as favourites with the other fancied teams Tipperary, Tyrone and Roscommon drifting in the betting.

Always thought the bookies would go spare for Dublin after the Leinster final. Beyond any other grade odds are next to useless at minor.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Onlooker on July 22, 2012, 05:49:08 PM
Are you trying to take the favourites tag off Tipperary? would have to question the quality of opposition in Leinster.

Onlooker

Tipp have played challenge games against both Meath and Kildare and they certainly did not expect that Dublin would beat both of those teams by such large margins.

Gold

Saw the Tipp minor footballers had a fundraising cycle yesterday. An ambulance was out at them on way into Thules--looked to have been an accident--hope noone hurt badly
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Captain Obvious

Team's are judged on competitive championship games. It's the second year in row Dublin have powered their way through Leinster.

Farrandeelin

I'm wondering if Mayo's game v Tipp will be in Croke Park? Or will they drag the minors and seniors to different venues on different days or will they have us on the same time and different places?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Canalman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 22, 2012, 08:25:15 PM
I'm wondering if Mayo's game v Tipp will be in Croke Park? Or will they drag the minors and seniors to different venues on different days or will they have us on the same time and different places?

As provincial champions with their hurlers still in the minor championship I sincerely hope the game is fixed at a time and date to suit Tipperary. There imho has to be some sort of incentive to winning the province and if there is any justice the game should be played in Thurles or Cashel.

Imvho of course.

ross4life

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 22, 2012, 08:25:15 PM

Mayo v Tipp,Ros v Kerry probably a double header in Ennis on Saturday or bank holiday Monday.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open