Pirlo in Gaelic Football

Started by blanketattack, June 26, 2012, 09:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanketattack

Has anyone ever taken a penalty in Gaelic Football using the same style as Pirlo did vs England?

ck

Narrower goals in GAA therefore keepers don't "dive" in advance of the kick like they do in soccer. So only an ejit would do a "pirlo" and would be extremely unlikely to get away with it.

ballinaman

and he would be bet out the gate.....even if he scored it.

TopofthePops

Whyy....were I come from, we appreciate a bita style  8)

jamesimcanespy

Quote from: ck on June 26, 2012, 10:40:07 AM
Narrower goals in GAA therefore keepers don't "dive" in advance of the kick like they do in soccer. So only an ejit would do a "pirlo" and would be extremely unlikely to get away with it.

I don't understand why the keeper dives in advance of the kick in so**er. If it's a good enough penalty they aren't going to save it anyway- at least give yourself the fighting chance of going the same way as the ball.

TopofthePops

Quote from: jamesimcanespy on June 26, 2012, 04:21:16 PM
Quote from: ck on June 26, 2012, 10:40:07 AM

I don't understand why the keeper dives in advance of the kick in so**er. If it's a good enough penalty they aren't going to save it anyway- at least give yourself the fighting chance of going the same way as the ball.

I'm a goalkeeper you have to pick a side to give urself a good chance of saving the penalties. It's all about mind games, the way the taker is looking, the angle he runs up to the ball. Sometimes I would stay in the centre if I haven't syked him out...and hope reflexs alone will help me save the kick!

I was involved in 1 shootout in mid ulster shield semi final and saved 2 outa 3...brillaint feeling :D

rossfan 2012

theticklemister

In relation to a pirlo style footballer in GAA..........have to be Trevor Giles or Enda Muldoon

AZOffaly

Quote from: theticklemister on June 28, 2012, 09:12:54 PM
In relation to a pirlo style footballer in GAA..........have to be Trevor Giles or Enda Muldoon

Ciaran McDonald.

Keane

Quote from: TopofthePops on June 27, 2012, 12:38:44 PM
I'm a goalkeeper you have to pick a side to give urself a good chance of saving the penalties. It's all about mind games, the way the taker is looking, the angle he runs up to the ball. Sometimes I would stay in the centre if I haven't syked him out...and hope reflexs alone will help me save the kick!

I was involved in 1 shootout in mid ulster shield semi final and saved 2 outa 3...brillaint feeling :D

All the statistics show that keepers who pick a side save substantially fewer penalties than keepers you wait till the kick is taken.

tyssam5

Quote from: Keane on June 29, 2012, 04:20:49 PM

All the statistics show that keepers who pick a side save substantially fewer penalties than keepers you wait till the kick is taken.

Interesting, can you share your stats?

Lucifer

Quote from: tyssam5 on June 29, 2012, 09:42:39 PM
Quote from: Keane on June 29, 2012, 04:20:49 PM

Interesting, can you share your stats?

60% of all statistics are made up.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Lucifer on June 30, 2012, 01:03:03 AM
60% of all statistics are made up.

Where did you get that particular statistic, or is it only 40% true?  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...