GAA Outreach in Action...

Started by Evil Genius, June 05, 2012, 01:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fitzroyalty

QuoteA fair percentage of our (Nordies) wages is paid by the British Government, the same British Government that has murdered innocent civilians over the years. We still take the money and vote during election time for Members of the British Parliament!!

We don't throw the money in the bin when they give us it
What alternative is there? Other than up sticks and 'move to Ireland if we don't like it'.  ::)

screenexile

Taken straight from the boul' Wullie's rant on his webpage . . .

This is a concerning development as there would be many within British Protestant and British Catholic communities that would view the GAA as little more than a branch of the IRA that is little different than Franco's fascist regime when he set up football teams in every village in Spain.

I would call on all within the British Protestant and British Catholic communities to keep an open mind regarding the GAA but never lose sight of the fact that down through the generations they have supported both financially and logistically the development and sustaining of various groups of Irish Republican terrorist murder gangs.

Jesus wept!!

theticklemister

Quote from: glens abu on June 07, 2012, 09:09:59 AM
Quote from: nifan on June 07, 2012, 08:51:35 AM
Quote from: glens abu on June 07, 2012, 08:41:49 AM
I played for a club in the 70's and there were 5 Prods on the team who enjoyed the game and respected the GAA even if they didn't agree with everything it stood for.

Would they have played in tournaments dedicated to IRA men?
I have plenty of respect for the GAA, and have attended games - but I wouldnt go to a tournament like this.

Don't know answer to that but played with Republicans and with family members of IRA prisoners.

Glens Abu- ye didn't by any chance play in the sevens blitz in Castlereagh prison ???

Nally Stand

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 07, 2012, 11:59:12 AM

We pay our taxes so why the f**k should we bin it?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

trileacman

Quote from: Nally Stand on June 07, 2012, 12:40:37 PM

The North's taxes only cover about less than 4/5ths of is public expenditure every year, so no matter what way you try to dress it Westminster and British taxes currently bankroll the North's public service and grants etc. Not that it bothers me, we couldn't bleed them dry enough.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

glens abu

Quote from: theticklemister on June 07, 2012, 12:23:11 PM
I played for a club in the 70's and there were 5 Prods on the team who enjoyed the game and respected the GAA even if they didn't agree with everything it stood for.

I have plenty of respect for the GAA, and have attended games - but I wouldnt go to a tournament like this.

Don't know answer to that but played with Republicans and with family members of IRA prisoners.

Glens Abu- ye didn't by any chance play in the sevens blitz in Castlereagh prison ???

Was never in Castlereagh prison,wherever that is.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: fitzroyalty on June 07, 2012, 12:02:18 PM
QuoteA fair percentage of our (Nordies) wages is paid by the British Government, the same British Government that has murdered innocent civilians over the years. We still take the money and vote during election time for Members of the British Parliament!!

What alternative is there? Other than up sticks and 'move to Ireland if we don't like it'.  ::)

There is none, by fcuk we work hard enough for the money, but can we not fooking get on with each other and be sensible?

This thread has and always will be littered with the examples of other shite that is not relevant to the core subject.

It's a simple thread, good idea or not? That's all.

If Pat Sheehan from our club died tomorrow (hope he's not reading this, he'll hit me a slap) A great clubman who has played (when not in jail) for the club many years and taken teams within the club, MLA for West Belfast and a hunger striker who was days away from dying, if they wanted to honour his name for a competition then that would be grand, as it would be based on his service to the club. No one is really going to argue about that, it won't be based on his involvement for the IRA. The Galbally tournament is also doing this for a past playing member.

But outsiders will look in and decide that it's been done to commemorate his involvement in the RA. Pat will be the first to admit that there are far more worthy members of our club with 70 years involvement at all levels more worthy of tournaments to be named after them.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Quote from: glens abu on June 07, 2012, 11:11:23 AM
Quote from: nifan on June 07, 2012, 09:48:42 AM

I would see that as different. They where playing the game, it was not in honour of them.

Well I think they either have to play in it our leave that's up to them,I have friends who play soccer in the Amateur League in Belfast they play for the Border Regiment Cup,some think its great when they win this trophy but i know others who loved winning it as part of their team but afterwards put the medal in the bin because as far as they were concerned the cup was named after a shower of murdering ########. The NIAFL are not going to change the name on the cup because it offends some people. Unionists who wish to play GAA will have to learn to live with things they dislike about the GAA  or just stick to the Rugby.

Can you see that the unionist see the IRA, as you have put it 'a shower of murdering ########.' who shot people in the back or when they opened the door?
Do we move on and be positive or do we continue to have grievances with the 'others'

A fair percentage of our (Nordies) wages is paid by the British Government, the same British Government that has murdered innocent civilians over the years. We still take the money and vote during election time for Members of the British Parliament!!

Of course I do,so we just scrap 100 years of GAA tradition to please them don't think so.If they don't like the GAA faults and all let them stick to the Rugger.When I was telling about the people who binned the medals I was trying to explain that's what your friends could do if they are lucky enough to play in and win a competition called after an IRA volunteer,as it seems to be bugging you bigtime.   

Milltown Row2

Nothing bugging me at all, I'm grand, I have played in tournaments for dead republicans, makes no difference to me I only want to hurl/football.

We have been going 100 years and will continue to go I'm sure for another 100 years, where we are now in terms of how we set out is great. I'm sure the GAA will continue to develop and change for the better, dont you think?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

glens abu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 07, 2012, 01:21:49 PM
Nothing bugging me at all, I'm grand, I have played in tournaments for dead republicans, makes no difference to me I only want to hurl/football.

We have been going 100 years and will continue to go I'm sure for another 100 years, where we are now in terms of how we set out is great. I'm sure the GAA will continue to develop and change for the better, dont you think?

Yes but as long as the club or community from which it exists are happy with the changes.I am sure the Galbally club and surrounding community would be very unhappy if they were told to change the name of the U 12 competition because one parent was unhappy and we wanted to please Unionist people who someday might or mightnot play the  games.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: glens abu on June 07, 2012, 01:52:37 PM

Yes but as long as the club or community from which it exists are happy with the changes.I am sure the Galbally club and surrounding community would be very unhappy if they were told to change the name of the U 12 competition because one parent was unhappy and we wanted to please Unionist people who someday might or mightnot play the  games.

Its a decent topic, I try not and get involved with politics, I don't have and was never brought up with a strong view on politics, was always encouraged to find out for yourself and make a judgement. I would class myself as a GAA man (whatever that means) and i love the way the GAA (my club) looked after us during the height of the troubles, idle hands and all that.

I have moved out of West Belfast a right few years and live in a mixed enough area so my dealings with the rugby fraternity is more frequent now than before. They are mad keen to have coaches come in a take training ball handling and kicking skills. I was just pointing out (in my view) that it may be better to look at what the headlines are going to say rather than how good a tournament is. Cnuts like Willie distort things for the uneducated mongrels that feed off bad press for the GAA. Before you know it a club hall will get burned down or glass scattered all over the pitches FFS

Tubberman

Quote from: glens abu on June 07, 2012, 01:52:37 PM

But Galbally aren't a single entity. They are a unit of the GAA, which covers the length and breadth of the country. So they are as responsible for maintaining the image of the GAA as the top brass in Croke Park.
It all comes down to what the GAA as an organisation deems to be acceptable. There are obviously very differing views. Maybe it is time to have some more defined rules about who/what it is acceptable to have medals/cups/competitions/grounds dedicated to.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

The Tipp SHC cup is called the Dan Breen cup. I'm sure he killed an RIC man back in 1919.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

deiseach

Quote from: ONeill on June 06, 2012, 11:14:23 PM
Up Sir Roger Casement and his journals.

How appropriate, if the journals are to be believed

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: trileacman on June 07, 2012, 12:50:23 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on June 07, 2012, 12:40:37 PM

The North's taxes only cover about less than 4/5ths of is public expenditure every year, so no matter what way you try to dress it Westminster and British taxes currently bankroll the North's public service and grants etc. Not that it bothers me, we couldn't bleed them dry enough.

Devolution for England, I'm sick of paying for you lot  ;)

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.