Argentina's Olympic Advert on the Malvinas/Falklands.

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, May 04, 2012, 07:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

seafoid

Very good. I wonder how much the Falklands cost the austerity hit UK per annum, other than all the deceased war veterans.

dillinger

Shows Argentina up for the banana republic that they are.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: dillinger on May 05, 2012, 11:35:20 PM

Better to be a Banana Republic than a Banana Kingdom  ;)

michaelg

Pretty lame tbh - skulking about at 4 or 5 in the morning when every f**ker is in their scratcher

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: dillinger on May 05, 2012, 11:35:20 PM

In what way is Argentina a banana republic?

spuds

"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

michaelg

Serious question - Should the Falklands / Malvinas be given over to Argentinian rule when this in not the will of the islanders?  Also, correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I am aware, there has never been Argentinian people living on the islands

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: michaelg on May 06, 2012, 01:37:52 PM
Serious question - Should the Falklands / Malvinas be given over to Argentinian rule when this in not the will of the islanders?  Also, correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I am aware, there has never been Argentinian people living on the islands

;D Funny seing the children of the Empire using this one, when has that ever mattered when the British redesignated places British. Only a few years before the Falkand/Malvinas War the British expelled 2,000 natives from Diego Garcia. British democracy only when it suits British interests. The British interests in 1968 and Diego Garcia was keeping the Yanks happy during the Cold War. The British interests in 1982 was an attempt to reassert lost British military authority in the world, the war was fought for British nationalism and pride and not democracy.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

michaelg

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 06, 2012, 02:26:26 PM

;D Funny seing the children of the Empire using this one, when has that ever mattered when the British redesignated places British. Only a few years before the Falkand/Malvinas War the British expelled 2,000 natives from Diego Garcia. British democracy only when it suits British interests. The British interests in 1968 and Diego Garcia was keeping the Yanks happy during the Cold War. The British interests in 1982 was an attempt to reassert lost British military authority in the world, the war was fought for British nationalism and pride and not democracy.
I don't think you have answered my question? 

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: michaelg on May 06, 2012, 02:49:07 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 06, 2012, 02:26:26 PM

I don't think you have answered my question?

It was part of the Buenas Aires Colony.

Will the British kick the Americans out of Diego Garcia to give the French speaking Malay-African people back their homeland, or is this right just for White Anglo-Saxons who love the monarchy and with ancestory from the island of Britain?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

michaelg are you watching/have you watched the Diego Garcia doc?

I firmly believe that the people of the Malvinas/Falklands will be treated alot better by Buenas Aires than the people of Diego Garcia was/is by London.

michaelg

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on May 06, 2012, 03:09:57 PM
michaelg are you watching/have you watched the Diego Garcia doc?
Just read about it online.  I agree with you in a lot of what you say by the way.  Just curious what you think should happen to the Falklanders.  Should they too be repatriated, if this also is against their will?