The belly is getting bigger, time to stop the rot.

Started by King Kenny, April 09, 2012, 04:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annapr

I think most of these diets are a load of nonsense
No dairy diets,no carbs diets, cutting out bread or meat or whatever is the latest fad etc etc
Losing weight is pretty simple and not very scientific.
Burn more calories than you consume and you will lose weight. Simples.

I still have my takeaway at the weekend and enjoy a few drinks but I exercise regularly and watch what I eat to a point but not in a crazy diet way.
Everything in moderation I say but no need to be cutting anything out as everyone needs a good takeaway or a few pints every now and then.

5 Sams

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on January 22, 2015, 01:18:05 PM
have none of yous watched the Cereal Killers film/documentary?  No2 on its way also;
done by a Down man, former athlete (cant mind name cant be bothered looking lol, Donal.......) had relations on Down AI teams in 60s

interesting stuff, eat as much fat,protein as you want, but just get your carbs from veg etc, all our usual forms are v bad for ye, cereal, breads etc.....

(similar to what aontrim has posted basically)

O'Neill.
The Aristocrat Years

gallsman

Quote from: annapr on January 22, 2015, 01:37:33 PM
No dairy diets,no carbs diets, cutting out bread or meat or whatever is the latest fad etc etc

I still have my takeaway at the weekend and enjoy a few drinks but I exercise regularly and watch what I eat to a point but not in a crazy diet way.
Everything in moderation I say but no need to be cutting anything out as everyone needs a good takeaway or a few pints every now and then.

The point is it's January - many of us ate and drank to excess at Christmas and now feel the need to shift some weight. "Everything in moderation" won't help too much there. You have to make some sacrifices.

There are also others that are pushing for elite performance in whatever discipline. Again, "everything in moderation" might leave you healthy and reduce risk of health problems, but it won't get you to peak physical condition.

yellowcard

If the latest craze is low carb high fat, well what foods do you get all this 'high fat' from?

aontroim

Quote from: yellowcard on January 22, 2015, 02:36:14 PM
If the latest craze is low carb high fat, well what foods do you get all this 'high fat' from?

Have a look at the Green list on this link:

http://realmealrevolution.com/real-food-lists

annapr

Quote from: gallsman on January 22, 2015, 02:01:57 PM

The point is it's January - many of us ate and drank to excess at Christmas and now feel the need to shift some weight. "Everything in moderation" won't help too much there. You have to make some sacrifices.

There are also others that are pushing for elite performance in whatever discipline. Again, "everything in moderation" might leave you healthy and reduce risk of health problems, but it won't get you to peak physical condition.
This tread (or at least the thread title)is about someone wanting to lose a belly, hardly top class elite sportsmen.

BenDover

I've changed my breakfast from cornflakes to porridge made with water and a teaspoon of honey added to sweeten, means the 9am snack is no longer required.

Keyser soze

+ 1  serious amount of crap being talked here.

gallsman

Quote from: annapr on January 22, 2015, 02:53:54 PM

This tread (or at least the thread title)is about someone wanting to lose a belly, hardly top class elite sportsmen.

This thread is also several years old. As for your point, see my first one. "Moderating" will keep you where you are - it won't help you shift anything.

gallsman

Quote from: yellowcard on January 22, 2015, 02:36:14 PM

Eggs, red meat, avocados, nuts, Greek yogurt (actual Greek, not "Greek Style"), cottage cheese. Swap cooking oil for coconut oil (bloody expensive though).

Franko

Quote from: gallsman on January 22, 2015, 03:35:25 PM
Quote from: annapr on January 22, 2015, 02:53:54 PM

This thread is also several years old. As for your point, see my first one. "Moderating" will keep you where you are - it won't help you shift anything.

If you've ate and drank to excess over Christmas, not exercised and have put on weight then I'd say that by eating in moderation and exercising you will most definitely shift the pounds.

It's all qualitative though.

Rois

Quote from: gallsman on January 22, 2015, 03:35:25 PM

I totally agree with this.  To get back to pre-holiday weight you need to do the inverse of what you did to gain the weight, i.e. eat less than normal or train more than normal.  Then when you're back where you started, do the moderating thing.

screenexile

Diets aren't worth one f**k!! If you want to lose weight and be healthy you need a lifestyle change. A fad diet for 6-12 weeks isn't sustainable.

Cut down your portion sizes, eat less bread, fast food and sweet stuff and exercise 3 times a week and you'll be healthy!

ONeill

Since Christmas I've been doing 30 mins interval on threadmill (7mph x 1min, 3mph x 1 min, 8mph x 1 min, 3 mph x 1 min, 9mph x 1 min, 3 mph x 1 min, 10mph x 1 min, 3 mph x 1 min and back down again and back up....) followed by this 15 min video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzOe2ImO1rk   every other day.

No idea if there's any weight loss but feel far better playing 5-a-side on Mons and Fris for doing this.

Still ateing crisps and stouting to the max.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.