Started by Sam2011, April 05, 2012, 02:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

criostlinn

Quote from: highorlow on April 18, 2012, 11:24:35 PM
Jasus 18 pages on a league game. Someone say 'calm down'

OK, Calm Down.

Its two league games

RedandGreenSniper

Higgins was Minor captain in 2003 and U-21 captain in 2006. Both years were his last years at those respective grades.

Mark Ronaldson was Minor captain in 2004 but was out for the Galway game with a dislocated shoulder and so Boyle, as vice-captain, was captain on the day. That was a very good minor team who should have beaten Galway three times over. Mayo missed a host of goal chances and Faherty got a late goal for Galway after hopping the ball twice.

I can't find a list of that team anywhere but Mayo were full of talent. It is not always by looking at how many players made it to senior that you rate a team. Mayo had so many players at that time who had huge potential but didn't deliver on it for a variety of reasons. Damien Coleman (knee injuries), Seán McHale (soccer), Peter Durcan (rugby), Brian Benson, Alan Joyce, Eoin McCormack (soccer), Jason O'Donnell, Finín Canavan, Andy Hanley, James Burke. Add in county players like Barry Moran, Boyle, Varley, Campbell and it was some team. That's not to mention Ronaldson. I always maintain there was an All-Ireland in that team.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

rosnarun

what has happened burke this year . played a few games last year look promising if undercooked . giving lads like that one year helps no one .(same is true of benson to a lesser extent) unless a player is exceptional he needs a year to get used to the pace and hoola surrounding  playing intercounty senior.
I'd reckon Boyle phone would be ringing off the hook his week
players need to be brough on and developed not expected to be finished articcle on joining the panel gapp between Club and county far too big for that
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

moysider

I believed Burke opted out of the panel. He works, lives and plays his football in Dublin so a big commitment for a player on the verges who might get damn all time.

I d rate him very highly and I thought he played very well when he was played last year. But then again I always like the balance a ciotóg gives you at 7. I d have him involved.

The thing is would Boyle or Conroy be involved this year if the club didn t have a good run? Debatable. Boyle was a good player last year too! You d expect management to be able to evaluate players around rather than just players in successful clubs in the shop window.

Burke is still a quality player. Another mentioned earlier - McCormack - is back playing club, and is able to do stuff on the pitch that few players can.

From the Bunker

Could be worse - it could be 16 pages on sacking a manager and then not sacking him!  :-\

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 19, 2012, 08:32:12 PM

Could be worse - it could be 16 pages on sacking a manager and then not sacking him!  :-\

Sure how else can ya make div. 3 exciting.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

rosnarun

what ever about Conroy  it was probable Boyle drive and determination at a high level that probably caught the eye . there a lots of skilfull players out there but for county you want a player to have a little extra . When  bboyle wasplaying before he just wasnt there yet and it will be intersting to see if he can mantain that kind of mainc intensity he is showing this year  over the years/months ahead for the seniors  or is he just Puppy like in his enthusiam.
But for now , who cares. hes great to watch along the way .
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

BennyCake

Got an email from O'Neills this morning. Surely that isn't the new Mayo shirt?!

Tubberman

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

BennyCake

That's the one Tubberman.

I don't mind the pink one as long as there's a nice set of knockers in it  ;D

moysider

Quote from: BennyCake on April 23, 2012, 12:23:35 PM
That's the one Tubberman.

I don't mind the pink one as long as there's a nice set of knockers in it  ;D

We ve always had our knockers.

Syferus

Mort'd have a seizure with excitement just putting that jersey on.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on April 23, 2012, 07:11:59 PM

A few hairy Ros backs would have more fun than usual tryin to pull it offa him ;D

Crete Boom

Don't worry Syferus I'm sure the pink jersey along with the normal version will be readily available in all parts of Mayo including Ballaghdreen ;D

Syferus

Quote from: Crete Boom on April 23, 2012, 09:43:27 PM

Don't worry Syferus I'm sure the pink jersey along with the normal version will be readily available in all parts of Mayo including Ballaghdreen ;D

The feckers in the sport shop in town have put the new Rossie jersey behind the Ballagh GAA jersey. The nerve.