An Unexpected Road

Started by laoislad, February 06, 2012, 12:20:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: onefaircounty on February 06, 2012, 11:27:21 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on February 06, 2012, 04:51:01 PM
LL great post and totally honest. Congratulations. Children are a blessing and each one is different and I am sure your son will give you much to be proud of. Benny Coulterr paid a lovely tribute to his brother in his column in the Irish News a while back. Worth a read.
God Bless

I believe it was Tierney, a great piece.

As was your piece LL, best of luck, brilliant post. Don't be a stranger to the board even when busy changing nappies!
You are right, bit of a freudian slip there it was Benny Tierney and a great peice to.

AZOffaly

Wow. What a brilliant post LL. Didn't know you had it in you. Congratulations, first of all, your new arrival will bring you more joy than you've thought possible. And also, fair play to you for writing such an honest and emotional post. It's the secret fear of many prospective parents, and I think you've captured it perfectly in your post. I'm sure that you and your wife will be fantastic parents, and with the advances in this area, Eoghan will have a brilliant childhood, and adulthood. I expect to see him with a pocket full of gold medals from the Special Olympics in 20 years or so. Just Jaysus don't let him be a Laois man :D

muppet

Powerful post Laoislad.

Quotewe have gotten the odd well meaning but annoying comment like 'God only gives special children to special parents' I have to say I hate this line of thought and don't believe it for one second

I always think that no one starts off as special parents. The reality is that something happens that requires them to rise to that level. Anyone that has read your posts over the years (or even just read your post opening this thread) will have no doubt you are sufficiently passionate and single-minded to fight for everything young EĆ³ghan and your family will need.

You mightn't feel a special parent now, but I have no doubt you will become one.
MWWSI 2017

Cannonball

That one of the most powerfully honest and courageous things I've ever read.  Fair play LL.  Truly inspirational.

Congratulations and best wishes.
Do you believe in God?......I don't understand the question.

JUst retired

LL further to my last post, Linda Welby is the singers name and the song is Through you I`ll find my way. On you tube if you post her name and go on to a site called REVERBNATION you will find the song. The title says it all, Good luck to all in the future

Sandino

That was a truly stunning and honest post LaoisLad. I opened it the first day it was posted not knowing what to expect but when I read it I was so moved by your openness and the brutal honesty of the post. I wanted to respond right away but I knew I needed to take my time to try and do justice to your post.
It also made me confront my own thoughts prior to the birth of my children and my fears that they may have some sort of special needs. I was lucky and I give thanks for that.
I hope that by writing your post you have found some sort of benefit for you and I have no doubt that your post will have given others encouragement and support just by reading it.
I am inclined to agree with Muppet in that, you will be a special parent and by opening up on such an emotive issue you have shown us all that you are indeed well on the way to being a special parent.
Good Luck to the three of you and thanks for sharing such private thoughts in such an honest way.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Maguire01

A very moving post LaoisLad - all the best to you, your wife and your son.

loughshore lad

Best post I have ever read on this, or any other, forum.  Some brilliant contributions from other posters too.

It may be an unexpected road you are on laois lad, there will be many twists and tuns along the way but I sincerely hope its a journey of great joy for you and your family.

cokers

Easily the most powerful read I have had in a long long time. Fair play.
It's testament to the man you are and the father you will become.
I wish you and you're family all the best for the future

Bud Wiser

Laoislad, I read your post yesterday and because some time ago we managed to do what we do well in Laois, figting between ourselves when we had a spat on the board, I was hesitant to make a response. Luck it wasn't a real fight cause you are a far better man than I am and from what I read Eoghain will be as strong as you. I found what you wrote here to be the most powerful, honest and encouraging post I have read on the board in the last ten years and it never lleft my mind during the night and first thing this morning.  As someone said, it should be picked up by the hacks who take other information from this board and published. I think you should prefix the name of your thread with   " How to Travel ....  because you are a beacon of light to others.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck in the years ahead and God Bless you all.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Carmen Stateside

For some reason I only opened this thread this morning.
That was a very moving post loislad.  Congratulations on the birth of your son Eoghain,  and best wishes for the future to you and your family. 
Ps. Hope he has the Liverpool kit on Saturday morning,  and get your ass back on the United thread, they really miss you.

tbrick18

A very honest and open post LL. All I can say from reading that is that the cub is a lucky lad to have parents like yourself and Mrs LL.
All the very best for the future.

pintsofguinness

Congratulations, good luck to the three of you.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Forever Green

Such a brilliant and moving post LL. Congratulations and all the best to yourself, the wife and Eoghain

Dougal Maguire

It's great to see so much support for LL and his family and I know people are well meaning, but holy God are they not going through enough torment without having to listen to some of the crappy songs that are being suggested as inspirational.
Careful now