Predict the 2012 NFL Division 3 winners

Started by BennyCake, January 31, 2012, 01:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the 2012 NFL Division 3 title?

Antrim
6 (14%)
Cavan
7 (16.3%)
Longford
2 (4.7%)
Offaly
0 (0%)
Roscommon
8 (18.6%)
Sligo
2 (4.7%)
Tipperary
9 (20.9%)
Wexford
9 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: February 04, 2012, 01:51:11 PM

BennyCake

Division 3 looks a tough one to predict too.

I'll go for Wexford.

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

AZOffaly

Could be anyone. Sure Cavan for the craic.

Onlooker

Wide open as it has been for the last few years.  Louth were promoted with 8 points last year and won the final.  Limerick were relegated with 6 points.  Hopefully Tipp can get back to Div. 2, but I would not be putting the mortgage on it.

Croí na hÉireann

If they take every game seriously then Wexford.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ross4life

Without a doubt the hardest Division to predict so i'm going to guess one of our neighbours.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Keane

IF Wexford afford the competition appropriate focus they're a cut above the rest.

AQMP

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 31, 2012, 02:02:41 PM
Could be anyone. Sure Cavan for the craic.

Could be anyone.  Sure Offaly for the craic ;)

AZOffaly

Quote from: Keane on January 31, 2012, 03:44:58 PM
IF Wexford afford the competition appropriate focus they're a cut above the rest.

Why do you think that? What makes you think Wexford are significantly better? I think they may be, may be, just about better than most of the teams there, but certainly not by a large amount. Wexford have probably lost to most of those teams over the recent past, in league and Championship.

Keane

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 31, 2012, 04:13:36 PM
Why do you think that? What makes you think Wexford are significantly better? I think they may be, may be, just about better than most of the teams there, but certainly not by a large amount. Wexford have probably lost to most of those teams over the recent past, in league and Championship.

The sheer amount of quality players at their disposal, particularly in the forward line.

Besides the obvious names, Quinlivin had a great year at midfield last year, Colm Morris is another guy who wouldn't grab the headlines but is a really good player. Ryan is a pretty astute manager as well and starting into his fourth or fifth year I'd be confident enough in his ability to get his team well set tactically.

Football is nothing if not unpredictable and you always get blips when teams lose to teams they shouldn't, but Wexford have been operating at a higher level than any other team in the Division over the course of the last couple of years.

Obviously I'm judging teams' peak ability on Championship performance, the caveat to all of the above is that they haven't seemed particularly focussed on the NFL under Ryan.