8. Michael Finneran Naomh Dominic
9. Kevin Higgins Gaeil an Iarthair

10. David Keenan Naomh Bearraí
11. Donie Shine Clann na nGael
12. John Rogers Béal na mBuillí

13. Darren McDermott Naomh Caoimhin Cáislean Riabhach
14. Conor Devanney Cill Bhríde
15. Ger Heneghan Naomh Caoimhin Cáislean Riabhach

At Kiltoom there should be a great atmosphere too so hopefully the weather holds up and we get as good a game as it looks like being.

Hope the day is dry as there's not much cover in Kiltoom !!
As good a selection as we can put out  seeing who's not available.
I'd have been be reasonably confident if O'Gara was fit and playing.
Good to see Collins and Daly getting starts , hopefully the NFL will bring them on and give us extra options fro the Championship.
Full forward line as named looks small and light but I expect Keenan and Rogers will be middle third runners with Devaney and Donie being the HFL line and Darren Mc being the FF line plus a bit of help hopefully from "Geoffry Annan" .
Hopeful rather than confident is the best I can manage.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 04, 2012, 11:27:25 AM
Quote from: ross4life on February 03, 2012, 11:09:08 PM
Sligo team to play Antrim

1. Vincent Cadden Coolera/Strandhill
2. Charles Harrison St.John's
3. Jonathan Martyn St.Mary's
4. Ross Donovan (Captain) Eastern Harps
5. Jonathan Davey St.Mary's
6. Shane McManus Geevagh
7. Paul McGovern Eastern Harps
8. Brendan Egan Tourlestrane
9. Eugene Mullen Easkey
10. Mark Breheny St.Mary's
11. Alan Costello Coolera/Strandhill
12. Pat Hughes Geevagh
13. Stephen Coen St.Mary's
14. Adrian Marren Curry
15. Niall Murphy Coolera/Strandhill

David Kelly rested for DCU game on Tuesday?
Not sure on that, ive asked the question and no one seems to know, imo it would be a disgrace if that was the case, Sligo comes first, but i reckon from what ive been told hes carrying a knock. There are other suprises, but im glad 3/4 of the team. Great to see the 2 young coolera boys on it, serious prospects for us.

Im heading home to Sligo from limerick in the next hr and getting lift to belfast and back sligo again tonight, hopefully it will be worth my while, the dissertation can wait, ive always wondered do players ever understand the lengths fans go to getting to games in terms of money aswell. Its never guarnteed with Sligo but 100% effort is minimum and i'll be happy enough once i see that.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kelly is rested after all DCU have lost Compton,Smith & Murphy to injury in recent weeks. I would hope the players knows the effort us fans put in see the games but i sometimes have to question them, as you say 100% effort is minimum.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mylestheslasher

Jaysus lads granted some fans are unreal dedicated but it you're a county footballer doing what you should be doing then you are putting in a serious effort and I think supporters should remember that too.

haranguerer

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 04, 2012, 05:51:58 PM
Jaysus lads granted some fans are unreal dedicated but it you're a county footballer doing what you should be doing then you are putting in a serious effort and I think supporters should remember that too.

I agree 100% Myles. Try not to be too hard on them  ;)

Gold

Fantastic result last night with a fantastic finish. Free 50metres out with last kick to win it by Tomas McCann

Great start for the Saffrons
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Shamrock Shore

Longford 1-14
Offaly 0-08

time more or less up

Qwerty28

Great start to campaign for the Longford, 4 home matches should be a big help in pushing for a top two spot

Shamrock Shore

Longford 2-15
Offaly 0-08

I knew Offaly were poor enough but that's some beating

sligoman2

Quote from: Gold on February 05, 2012, 02:44:48 PM
Fantastic result last night with a fantastic finish. Free 50metres out with last kick to win it by Tomas McCann

I think a draw would have been a fair result,  The free that Antrim got to win was not a free.   The ref called Harrisson for throwing the ball which he did not.
Terrible call, with 10 seconds left and sligo attacking.

It's time to get some right referees.  Good luck to Antrim, but it hard losing on a call like that.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: sligoman2 on February 05, 2012, 04:54:46 PM

I think a draw would have been a fair result,  The free that Antrim got to win was not a free.   The ref called Harrisson for throwing the ball which he did not.

It's time to get some right referees.  Good luck to Antrim, but it hard losing on a call like that.

I wonder what Sligonian's take will be? :P Ros/Tipp result anyone??
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 05, 2012, 05:05:56 PM

I wonder what Sligonian's take will be? :P Ros/Tipp result anyone??

Ros won by a goal. 1-12 to 0-12.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

SLIGONIAN

I dont blame the ref at all, Antrim deserved the win, should of been out of sight before we got going, tomas mccann was outstanding, i'll be sending the usual pm's on the sligo side of things as i wont comment publicly anymore on players. Management are continuing to be a joke though but no doubt they'll try and scapegoat the ref for there own shortcomings.

The ref was pathetic but he gave us some soft frees to go 10-7 up but he didnt decide the game imo. He was terrible for both sides. We could of won the game no doubt, but why have any sympathy for us repeating same mistakes over and over again, im so bored with it now.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Syferus

Great result for us today. Defending and attacking we were tenuous but the only thing that let us down was midfield - we won about one clear catch the entire day and almost all breaks ended up in Tipp's hands. Our best plays where built up from the full-backs, by-passing high fielding completely. It was a real team performance, though, and it'd be very hard to single out a man-of-the-match. Caruso Dineen put in one of his best performances in the county jersey, Devanney was a serious danger all day and McDermott exerted alot of influence in these second half. Newton couldn't have picked a better day for his first win.

We're on the road.

ross4life

Hard earned well deserved win for our lads though credit to Tipp even with 14 men they never gave up.

1st half poor enough Devaney unlucky not to score a couple of goals we defended well with 12 men back most of the time.

2nd half more opened game the likes of Daly,Rogers,Darren McDermott,Dineen worked their socks off one of those games where a goal would win it thankfully we got it & Devaney with a cool finish after fine work by Rogers. Niall Daly for me was MOTM fine display in his first senior start .

Vital win for us as we only two home games left. Offaly in Tullamore next i would fancy our chances for another two points but they will demand a reaction after that poor showing v Longford.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on February 05, 2012, 04:06:49 PM
Longford 2-15
Offaly 0-08

I knew Offaly were poor enough but that's some beating

Offaly were offaly poor ;D

I thought Paul Barden had an exceptionally good game for us and Paul Kelly was handy until he had to go off injured. Michael Quinn improved in the second half.

Best line was from an (Offaly) wag was when the new fancy Glennon Bros. scoreboard briefly went blank after the second goal:

"Even the scoreboard's going home."
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.