More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: camanchero on February 15, 2012, 01:16:44 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on February 15, 2012, 12:50:47 PM
I think the point which is being made is that this was no worse than the pushing and shoving at the Derrytresk match, however, there was no incursion here, which makes a difference. anyways time to let it go.
must look at the video again - I thought there were several subs from both sides in the thick of it on sunday, difference was they didnt have to jump any fences so it didnt look as bad.
Can you name those subs (their numbers)? I didn't see any, and haven't seen any in the video replays.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 15, 2012, 02:06:25 PM
Should the other twenty or so players be banned for a bit of pushing. You'd see worse on the Coppers dancefloor.

That's the point: are they issuing penalties now where no one is really culpable, all for appearances' sake? Or are counties now liiable to be hit with a fine if a player's in receipt of a straight red card during a game?

shemozzle: a GAA euphemism for an on-field fracas.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

camanchero

I think the point which is being made is that this was no worse than the pushing and shoving at the Derrytresk match, however, there was no incursion here, which makes a difference. anyways time to let it go.
must look at the video again - I thought there were several subs from both sides in the thick of it on sunday, difference was they didnt have to jump any fences so it didnt look as bad.

No, there weren't.
as I said, I'll look at it again if I can find it. just thought when watching it on sunday there were.

Jinxy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 15, 2012, 02:23:23 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 15, 2012, 02:18:09 PM
Brian Flanagan was the one man to raise his hands and he has received a ban. Niall Carew has also received a four week sideline ban for entering the playing area. Both county boards have been fined. What more do you want?

There was a 'shemozzle' involving somewhat more than 2 Kildare players, not to mention Monaghan players.

But no one bar Brian Flanagan raised their hands. He took a swipe at Paul Finlay (and missed not that it matters). Nothing else apart from plenty of pushing and shoving. Should the other twenty or so players be banned for a bit of pushing. You'd see worse on the Coppers dancefloor.

I've been slapped/hit with a handbag several times on the Coppers dancefloor.
Where's MY CCCCCC?  >:(
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Maguire01

Quote from: camanchero on February 15, 2012, 02:30:10 PM

No, there weren't.
as I said, I'll look at it again if I can find it. just thought when watching it on sunday there were.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkJnS5-HSlY
From 3.15

Tubberman

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 15, 2012, 02:29:13 PM
Should the other twenty or so players be banned for a bit of pushing. You'd see worse on the Coppers dancefloor.

That's the point: are they issuing penalties now where no one is really culpable, all for appearances' sake? Or are counties now liiable to be hit with a fine if a player's in receipt of a straight red card during a game?

Was there just a bit of shoving in Portlaoise?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Tubberman on February 15, 2012, 03:10:57 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 15, 2012, 02:29:13 PM

Was there just a bit of shoving in Portlaoise?

What's that got to do with it? Why are you bringing Port Laoise into it?

camanchero

Quote from: Maguire01 on February 15, 2012, 02:59:01 PM
From 3.15
thanks for that.
ok kildare #17 was Johnny Doyle - so he was already on.
Monaghan had #17 & #18 - not sure if they were already on as subs.
at 3.42 a lad looking like a sub ran in - he obv looked like he was just going to pick up someones gloves that had fallen down.
this excerpt (thanks for sharing it) cuts out from the pitch at 3.43 when there is prob a bit more.
certainly I believe there was a lot more on tg4 on sunday.
still think even this clip shows there was at least one sub on- and I dont believe he was on his own and only copper fastens my view of this last sun.
This incident was feck all though- no real slaps - just like derrytreask v dromid imo.
glad the media didnt blow this one all out of proportion.

screenexile

Quote from: camanchero on February 15, 2012, 04:08:37 PM
From 3.15
thanks for that.
at 3.42 a lad looking like a sub ran in - he obv looked like he was just going to pick up someones gloves that had fallen down.
this excerpt (thanks for sharing it) cuts out from the pitch at 3.43 when there is prob a bit more.
still think even this clip shows there was at least one sub on- and I dont believe he was on his own and only copper fastens my view of this last sun.
This incident was feck all though- no real slaps - just like derrytreask v dromid imo.

Me too! As long as it's just games involving Tyrone that's Ok by me :D

camanchero

Quote from: screenexile on February 15, 2012, 04:49:58 PM
From 3.15
thanks for that.

Me too! As long as it's just games involving Tyrone that's Ok by me :D
sure you got more slaps hitting you outside slaughtneil disco !

Maguire01

From 3.15
thanks for that.
Monaghan's #17 and #18 were on. Both teams started the game with 5 changes, so there were a lot of 'high numbers' on the pitch.

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 15, 2012, 06:04:15 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on February 15, 2012, 05:51:56 PM
Kildare appealing their fine - http://www.hoganstand.com/Monaghan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=162126

What McMahon meant to say is that KCB can't afford the fine!!  :D

Their money's safe DH, we'll have the Kildare variant of 'The Men They Couldn't Hang' in 'The Men They Couldn't See'!  ;)

tyssam5

Quote from: camanchero on February 15, 2012, 02:30:10 PM

No, there weren't.
From 3.15

No meals at training until the 5k is paid off!

Some surprisingly good scores from Monaghan there. McGeeney should know the blanket type defense might offer shots from 45 yards or so, but free shots from 35 yards is bit different.