More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: bigtogs on February 12, 2012, 09:54:19 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 12, 2012, 09:47:13 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on February 12, 2012, 08:27:10 PM
Gutted derrytresk gice it all run out off bodies well done Clonbur hope they enjoy their victory

Well said*, an example of how to lose gracefully even after the media circus of the last 2 weeks.

*EDIT"I am refering to the spirit of the comments not the spelling and punctuation" ;)

schooling was light!!!!!

I think derrytresk showed today what type of club they are really,contested every ball and stood gracefully untill presentation was over Clonbur captain spoke well fair play too him......sick as a dog though about the last few weeks badly affacted our preparation......but life goes on..
Whilst I can't agree with a lot of the Nordie baiting that has gone on here, Derrytresk need look no further than the idiots who jumped the fence when seeking reasons for their loss. That said I had hoped that given the crap they've had to listen to that they would win it. Small clubs can not afford to lose players and discipline is required. Harsh lesson, but well done to the team for respectfully watching the presentation. I can't comment on McStay's words as I haven't heard them, but he generally is a tool.

Applesisapples

Quote from: ONeill on February 13, 2012, 12:12:53 PM
Make your own mind up. I know you can never really assess someone's intentions with 100% accuracy and I know it can come across as being a bit paranoid but I found this condescending. What was his point?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_8DTquCiQs
Actually his point was, (and I don't like McStay), by jumping the fence their subs robbed the manager of options that may have won or drawn the game. As I said before he is a bit of a tool, but right on this occasion.

ONeill

Quote from: Applesisapples on February 13, 2012, 01:05:00 PM
Make your own mind up. I know you can never really assess someone's intentions with 100% accuracy and I know it can come across as being a bit paranoid but I found this condescending. What was his point?

Actually his point was, (and I don't like McStay), by jumping the fence their subs robbed the manager of options that may have won or drawn the game. As I said before he is a bit of a tool, but right on this occasion.

No, that point was obvious from a week ago. What was the point in this short discussion?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tubberman

Quote from: ONeill on February 13, 2012, 01:07:15 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on February 13, 2012, 01:05:00 PM

No, that point was obvious from a week ago. What was the point in this short discussion?

Well given that this thread is over 80 pages and the huge media coverage of the semi-final, there was obviously a lot of interest in how the match went. So they gave it about 30 seconds.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Jinxy

Is there a slow motion version?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Keane

The complaints about the game being mentioned on RTE are surely disingenuous?

Does anyone honestly need to have it explained to them how a story with significant public interest is more likely to be covered than a story with no public interest?

Maguire01

Clearly Hoganstand didn't have anyone at the game...

CCCC to probe Clones melee
13 February 2012

A row breaks out between Monaghan and Kildare players before the half-time whistle at ClonesThe CCCC are expected to investigate the half-time row that overshadowed yesterday's Allianz Football League clash between Monaghan and Kildare in Clones.

The melee, which involved over 20 players and took place in front of a watching GAA director-general Paraic Duffy, comes just three weeks after the controversial AIB All-Ireland club JFC semi-final between Derrytresk and Dromid Pearses, which was also marred by violent scenes.

A second melee in the second half resulted in referee Joe McQuillan issuing a red card to Kildare defender Brian Flanagan and yellow cards to Padraig O'Neill (Kildare), Dessie Mone and Dick Clerkin (both Monaghan).

Kildare manager Kieran McGeeney suggested that the incidents would only be investigated if they highlighted by the media.

"Depends on what you probably say. There were a couple of incidents this year already you didn't report on and they weren't investigated. Some you do report on," he said.

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=161986

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: bigtogs on February 13, 2012, 08:33:04 AM
Mike you forgot about commiserations to derrytresk.

Nah, they got what they deserved.

Jinxy

http://coalislandpost.co.uk/areas/derrytresk-ban-controversy-continues/

Derrytresk manager Paul Hughes refused to speak to most journalists after Sunday's tight match, with club chairman Barney Campbell launching a scathing attack on the Irish media.

"We're down seven men today because of the media," he said, according to the Irish Times.

Jinxy

'A compilation of Derrytresk dives'.
God they are really covering themselves in glory now.

bigtogs

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on February 13, 2012, 07:28:49 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on February 13, 2012, 08:33:04 AM
Mike you forgot about commiserations to derrytresk.

Nah, they got what they deserved.

What would killdare and monaghan deserve mike in your opinion?

saffron sam2

Quote from: Jinxy on February 13, 2012, 08:30:12 PM
'A compilation of Derrytresk dives'.
God they are really covering themselves in glory now.

My first reaction also.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Jinxy on February 13, 2012, 07:45:21 PM
http://coalislandpost.co.uk/areas/derrytresk-ban-controversy-continues/

Derrytresk manager Paul Hughes refused to speak to most journalists after Sunday's tight match, with club chairman Barney Campbell launching a scathing attack on the Irish media.

"We're down seven men today because of the media," he said, according to the Irish Times.

If that's what he truly believes then I can only despair.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead