More Thuggery on the GAA field

Started by agorm, January 23, 2012, 06:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tubberman

Quote from: clarshack on February 13, 2012, 09:35:38 AM
hard luck derrytresk, they gave it their all.

i thought mcstay was out of order with his comments last night. w*nker.

What did McStay actually say? I missed it last night. Obviously a bitter end to the club year for Derrytresk, probably no need to rub it in.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

AZOffaly

He said, when Michael Lyster prompted him, apropos of nothing really, that Derrytresk would be reflecting in the 'long journey home' about how their actions have cost them an All Ireland, and they'll feel awful basically. I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it.

Never mentioned the intermediate final, and never considered that maybe Clonbur might have won even if Derrytresk were at full strength, or unaffected by the buildup.

I thought it was a cheap shot to be honest, but it was obviously thought out and scripted beforehand by the way Lyster launched into it.

clarshack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj17hnMMPWc

11 secs in

2 mins 29 secs in

these are the 2 incidents that mickey harte talked about in his column on friday

ONeill

'authors of their own downfall' was the phrase. All well - all in the past now.

One last thing - how'd O'Sullivan stay on the field for that last dig - he'd a yellow already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj17hnMMPWc&feature=share

I know, let it go....

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Club Rossa on February 13, 2012, 09:42:46 AM
Bernard Flynn was talking some shite about Derrytresk on the radio yesterday evening too,but to be fair to Bernard talking shite is something he's very good at.

I particularly enjoyed Bernard's story about being locked in a changing room after a game in Tyrone and had to be saved by the Guards - i just find that story extremely hard to believe! I can't imagine Liam Harnan, Mick Lyons et al cowering in a changing room waiting for the Royal Ulster Constabulary to come a save them from a bunch of Tyrone yocals. (Ross Carr pointed out that the Guards probably won't be in Tyrone).
That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

Seriously lads. There's umpteen other incidents like this on the other side that could be released too. What's to be gained now?

Doogie Browser

Commiserations to DT yesterday, they certainly divided opinion in recent weeks.

BennyHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2012, 10:27:14 AM
Seriously lads. There's umpteen other incidents like this on the other side that could be released too. What's to be gained now?

I think a fair media interpretation of what actually happened is still be to gained!

stephenite

Quote from: ONeill on February 13, 2012, 10:20:28 AM
'authors of their own downfall' was the phrase.

What's wrong with that? We're they not?

AZOffaly

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 13, 2012, 10:36:55 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 13, 2012, 10:27:14 AM

I think a fair media interpretation of what actually happened is still be to gained!

So do you think Dromid should release their video clips too? Or would that be 'whinging'?

BennyHarp

Well, I would say the general media perception is that Dromid are whiter than white and they don't really have to release any more media statements or videos. As McStays comments last night proved, Derrytresk are viewed as the big bad wolves of this story and I don't blame them if they wish to release images of Dromid players kicking and punching their way through the game.

JUst retired

I wonder will kildare and Monaghan be treated as "fairly" as Derrytresk? ???

Go home ref

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 13, 2012, 10:53:37 AM
Well, I would say the general media perception is that Dromid are whiter than white and they don't really have to release any more media statements or videos. As McStays comments last night proved, Derrytresk are viewed as the big bad wolves of this story and I don't blame them if they wish to release images of Dromid players kicking and punching their way through the game.
Never mind the effin media... how did the GAA deal with the issue?
Did they take actions against both sides?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: JUst retired on February 13, 2012, 10:55:11 AM
I wonder will kildare and Monaghan be treated as "fairly" as Derrytresk? ???

For what??
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?