Tyrone club football

Started by Jinxy, November 13, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Yesterday's statement contained what I hope was just a typo. Otherwise, only one club is going to be facing sanction:

"The Tyrone CCC has had two meetings to discuss the incidents surrounding the O'Neills Tyrone ACL Division 1 Final. Whilst significant progress has been made the CCC are reluctant to conclude the process until they have considered all the information presented to them. It is anticipated that the matter will be concluded by Friday of this week. The details of any proposed sanctions will be issued directly to the secretary of the club so as not to prejudice any appeal hearing which may arise."
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

rrhf

I heard a flock of  old ravens circled carmen in the dead of night before landing on the apex of the nally stand.  Could this be a sign

shezam

Following a lengthy investigative process by The CCC in Tyrone Carrickmore and Dromore clubs have been issued with heavy suspensions and fines after ugly scenes which marred the recent Division One League Final. Four individuals from each club allegedly involved in the trouble outside the wire received one year suspensions while three players from the Carrickmore club were issued with suspensions totalling seventy two weeks.
The clubs were also fined £300 and ordered to play their next two competitive fixtures against each other at a neutral venue with the proceeds going to charity. In addition to these sanctions neither side will be allowed to take part in the top four playoffs for the 2012 Division One League title.
These are understood to be the toughest set of disciplinary determinations ever issued by The CCC and will surely cause much debate over the coming weeks.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: shezam on November 25, 2011, 09:20:22 AM
Following a lengthy investigative process by The CCC in Tyrone Carrickmore and Dromore clubs have been issued with heavy suspensions and fines after ugly scenes which marred the recent Division One League Final. Four individuals from each club allegedly involved in the trouble outside the wire received one year suspensions while three players from the Carrickmore club were issued with suspensions totalling seventy two weeks.
The clubs were also fined £300 and ordered to play their next two competitive fixtures against each other at a neutral venue with the proceeds going to charity. In addition to these sanctions neither side will be allowed to take part in the top four playoffs for the 2012 Division One League title.
These are understood to be the toughest set of disciplinary determinations ever issued by The CCC and will surely cause much debate over the coming weeks.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

sheamy

Quote from: shezam on November 25, 2011, 09:20:22 AM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Moortown Spuds

How come Carmen got 7 suspended and Dromore 4?

And Radda's right, the sentence is not that severe. Common sense from the CCC.

Wee Roddy

Radda what the f**k are you laughing at? Where the Carmen players fighting with themselves? How come oneCarmen player had a black eye and another got brusied ribs in the row. Yet again the verbals goes unpunished!!!!

rrhf

Ah Jeez Roddy yer some craic... I would keep my mouth shut to be honest, fair play to ye's - both clubs are away in the smoke. You can focus all your energy on the championship. Now its time to move on.  At least one of the suspended players was playing his last game anyway. 

Nally Stand

League games between the two at a neutral venue! Is this to avoid trouble? Might I suggest Dunmoyle?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

MR99

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 25, 2011, 09:28:40 AM
Radda what the f**k are you laughing at? Where the Carmen players fighting with themselves? How come oneCarmen player had a black eye and another got brusied ribs in the row. Yet again the verbals goes unpunished!!!!
Roddy, apparantly video evidence did not look good for Carmen as Dromore players never struck once and they say that Dromore were expecting more than 3 Carmen men to get suspended.  If these suspensions are correct they will be livid in Dromore and delighted in Carmen as it looks like one particular high profile player will have got away with what he is alleged to have done.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 25, 2011, 09:28:40 AM

Cool your Jets Roddy - I was just laughing at the sentence - I would say bar the whole players thing (and the major suspension for Gabby not really worth anything as he's retired from what i hear) you would have took that outcome when the whole 'handling' was at its worst and all over the news!

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 25, 2011, 09:42:25 AM
League games between the two at a neutral venue! Is this to avoid trouble? Might I suggest Dunmoyle?

:D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

EC Unique

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 25, 2011, 09:42:25 AM

Yis can feck off. We don't want our ground's name dragged through the muck again!

rrhf

Those questioning the belly of the county board after this must qualify the fact that the lack of a solid GAA rule book has allowed our games to become lawless, suitable for thugs and the sad reality is that it opens the door at some stage in the future for police assuming stewardship of our crowds at our games before too long in order to control our so called true gaels.  That could be the legacy of the likes of Dromore and Carmen and their vicious little smallminded battles.   

Man Marker

I'll tell you what, if what is reported on here is true, it is a joke. It certainly won't put other teams and their supporters off from having another riot. Tyrone CCC a gutless bunch. Both clubs insulted our organisation and this is the high of their punishment.Simply pathetic.