Tyrone club football

Started by Jinxy, November 13, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

Quote from: Up The Middle on November 18, 2011, 09:01:30 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 18, 2011, 02:47:41 AM
Look at all the lads just inside the fence....does everybody in Tyrone wear jeans or what ? ...and the bleached blond hair  :D

Its bad enough that you are all gurriers , could you at least show a bit of individuality for christ sakes.

Suppose it makes a change for you too see somebody out of wellies and not sleeping with their sister

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HiMucker

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 18, 2011, 08:30:04 AM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 17, 2011, 06:09:32 PM
Archer's article was a joke. He more or less made a veiled attempt to excuse the umbrella incident saying the man was just reacting to 'how Carrickmore were behaving' on the pitch, and then went on to explain how the ensuing fight in the stands was the fault of Carrickmore fans becuase they shouldn't have reacted to the umbrella incident. A total witch hunt of an article.

Was thinking the same around his comments on the umbrella incident - its as if he was saying it was ok for the Dromore fans to start a riot because they were provoked by on the field antics.  Must remember that one next time I am at a match and see someone doing abit of wrestling on the field, maybe it will give me the excuse to turn around and mug some old granny who is watching the match too.
I think the article is alright.  IMO it didnt seem to be singling out Carrickmore. Just my opinion

new devil

Quote from: Up The Middle on November 18, 2011, 09:01:30 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 18, 2011, 02:47:41 AM
Look at all the lads just inside the fence....does everybody in Tyrone wear jeans or what ? ...and the bleached blond hair  :D

Its bad enough that you are all gurriers , could you at least show a bit of individuality for christ sakes.

Suppose it makes a change for you too see somebody out of wellies and not sleeping with their sister

:D :D :D Class

saffron sam2

Having read the Tyrone club thread, I feel that what should be most concerning about the violence is that it was predicted. At best it was expected and at worst premediated.

The Tyrone county board really need to grasp the nettle here, although past history would suggest the opposite is likely.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 18, 2011, 02:41:18 AM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on November 17, 2011, 02:23:38 PM
Quote from: HiMucker on November 17, 2011, 01:50:10 PM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on November 17, 2011, 01:16:24 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 17, 2011, 07:27:07 AM
Disgraceful scenes. We have always known that Tyrone are a very unsporting county and this is further proof.

go away and f**k yourself, ye bog tramping ****
Its decent Tyrone gaels like yourself thats getting their good name dragged through the mud because of the events from the last weekend  :D

i know, and the last thing you need is some pious 'holier than thou' w**ker from Kerry, dropping his log into the fire - this problem is not localised to Carrickmore or Dromore, nor Tyrone. It's a blight to ALL PHYSICAL sports - that **** should stick to making green waist coats for american tourists.

You are just the type of foul mouthed tr**p that we see those photos throwing punches within inches of innocent children. You should wash your mouth out, cop on and learn to control yourself, you bowsie.

f**k away off. twat.
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

armaghniac

Quotet**t.

What is t**t? Toot? As in "Tootle off now, please"?.
Perhaps if people had a better range of scathing responses they wouldn't need to throw punches.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

el_cuervo_fc

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on November 19, 2011, 02:16:50 PM
Disgraceful scenes. We have always known that Tyrone are a very unsporting county and this is further proof.

Its decent Tyrone gaels like yourself thats getting their good name dragged through the mud because of the events from the last weekend  :D

i know, and the last thing you need is some pious 'holier than thou' w**ker from Kerry, dropping his log into the fire - this problem is not localised to Carrickmore or Dromore, nor Tyrone. It's a blight to ALL PHYSICAL sports - that **** should stick to making green waist coats for american tourists.

You are just the type of foul mouthed tr**p that we see those photos throwing punches within inches of innocent children. You should wash your mouth out, cop on and learn to control yourself, you bowsie.

f**k away off. t**t.

Tut, tut...no wonder we see scenes like the above in Tyrone with baboons like you on the loose.

Lads like you just can't control their temper. Always losing it and acting like eejits.

NaomhBridAbú

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on November 19, 2011, 09:43:32 PM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on November 19, 2011, 02:16:50 PM

f**k away off. t**t.

Tut, tut...no wonder we see scenes like the above in Tyrone with baboons like you on the loose.

Lads like you just can't control their temper. Always losing it and acting like eejits.

You miss the point yet again Mike.

On this thread most people admit that the events at the Carrickmore and Dromore match isnt the best testimonial for Tyrone club football. I dont think a Tyrone fan has yet condoned the behavior on and off the field that day. But its not just a tyrone club football problem. Nor exclusively a GAA problem. 

Your comments on the Tyrone thread, typically bore me to tears, but i find your comments on this thread puerile self righteous and antagonistic, and i feel that i can on that basis and with some justification call you a twat.
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Whishtup

These things have the potential to happen at any game, anywhere in the country.  The only game I was ever at in Kerry was in the league a few years back when Tyrone played Kerry in Austin Stacks.  My better half and I were seated beside a particularly aggressive element where if either of us had opened our mouths at the wrong time, I have no doubt that physical violence would have ensued. (by the way, our car had been keyed during the game-perhaps more to do with the Cork Reg. than anything!)   
           My point is that there is the potential for these things to happen at any sporting event and it does happen.  I seem to remember a Clare club hurling match where the supporters held a player through the wire while the opposing team flailed him with hurleys. 

Whataboutery? What about it?  Maybe if the GAA and pundits concentrated a bit more on whataboutery, they could compile a dossier of incidents, analyse the root causes, look for trends and decide if changes need to be made or intuitive sessions need to be held because it does happen occasionally in all counties.  Imposing massive fines and bans on the clubs concerned will do nothing to stop these things happening.   I'm all for whataboutery!

I see some nonsense in today's Irish Times, comparing the role of the referees in Rugby to that of the GAA ref.  While I enjoy watching rugby,   I for one would hate to see that militant and almost pompous control of GAA games take place.  In many ways our national games are synonymous with our tribal culture, that is what makes them special.  It also makes them potentially dangerous if they are not steered in the right direction by officials, coaches, and stewards, albeit in a way that is relative to the spirit of the games.   

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

rogueryhill

Quote from: Whishtup on November 20, 2011, 11:02:46 PM
           These things have the potential to happen at any game, anywhere in the country.  The only game I was ever at in Kerry was in the league a few years back when Tyrone played Kerry in Austin Stacks.  My better half and I were seated beside a particularly aggressive element where if either of us had opened our mouths at the wrong time, I have no doubt that physical violence would have ensued. (by the way, our car had been keyed during the game-perhaps more to do with the Cork Reg. than anything!)   
           My point is that there is the potential for these things to happen at any sporting event and it does happen.  I seem to remember a Clare club hurling match where the supporters held a player through the wire while the opposing team flailed him with hurleys. 

Whataboutery? What about it?  Maybe if the GAA and pundits concentrated a bit more on whataboutery, they could compile a dossier of incidents, analyse the root causes, look for trends and decide if changes need to be made or intuitive sessions need to be held because it does happen occasionally in all counties.  Imposing massive fines and bans on the clubs concerned will do nothing to stop these things happening.   I'm all for whataboutery!

I see some nonsense in today's Irish Times, comparing the role of the referees in Rugby to that of the GAA ref.  While I enjoy watching rugby,   I for one would hate to see that militant and almost pompous control of GAA games take place.  In many ways our national games are synonymous with our tribal culture, that is what makes them special.  It also makes them potentially dangerous if they are not steered in the right direction by officials, coaches, and stewards, albeit in a way that is relative to the spirit of the games.         

Couldn't have said it better myself Tyrone club football = tribal culture. You can stick your tribal culture if it means referees getting assaulted, supporters getting their ears bitten off and the GAA making news headlines for all the wrong reasons.

Officials and coaches steering in the right direction? - you're having a laugh. A Rasharkin club official was prominent in their shenanigans and McGinn was manager when he was at his "Dromore Kiss" routine.

Whataboutery is for primary schoolyards  ::)

passedit

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 18, 2011, 12:32:43 PM
Having read the Tyrone club thread, I feel that what should be most concerning about the violence is that it was predicted. At best it was expected and at worst premediated.

The Tyrone county board really need to grasp the nettle here, although past history would suggest the opposite is likely.

If only it had been, interesting concept.
Don't Panic

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Whishtup on November 20, 2011, 11:02:46 PM

I disagree with that statement. I have always been one for the movement of GAA refereeing away from the current style to the more respect driven Rugby attitude. It never helps when you have a ref who runs around verbally abusing players when the ref gets pissed off with them! There are few culprits fairly high up in the Tyrone game - People will prob know the offenders.
I think if the rugby style came in then there would be less incidents after matches - whilst obviously when there is trouble after a game this is not always the cause it is in some cases!