Tyrone club football

Started by Jinxy, November 13, 2011, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogueryhill

Quote from: rogueryhill on November 14, 2011, 01:47:00 PM
Saw a quote in the Irish News today...

"Terrified children crouched in stands as the mass brawl spread, with one individual using an 'umbrella as a weapon', according to an eyewitness."

Absolute disgrace. That De Chastelain has a lot to answer for...

...and they could have illustrated it better. The kid in the centre of the closeup picture looks more curious than terrified  ;D

Orior

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

LeoMc

nrico2006

There seems to be a lot of handlings involving Carrickmore, they make the like of Urney seem like Saints.  But can someone shed an impartial light on what happened yesterday?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

nrico2006

Quote from: LeoMc on November 14, 2011, 02:08:18 PM
Quote from: Orior on November 14, 2011, 02:05:26 PM
Terrible terrible image

Should be easy identified anyway.

Slightly disturbed by the look on the face of Brian Gormleys child.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

seafoid

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 14, 2011, 02:09:33 PM
Terrible terrible image

I don't understand how anyone who watches sport has to turn to violence to make a point.
Why doesn't the GAA insist on measuring penis length of the perpetrators and the longest one wins.   

EC Unique

Terrible terrible image

That is bad. Really bad. A disgrace to the GAA.  :-\

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: EC Unique on November 14, 2011, 02:19:18 PM
Terrible terrible image

That is bad. Really bad. A disgrace to the GAA.  :-\

A terrible image alright. I wonder why the Irish News chose not to print that picture? (the one that was printed was before/after this moment and less damning). Was it because of noble intentions towards the GAA or on legal advice?

screenexile

Someone made a good point about the league being taken too seriously. When Derry went to an 8 team league and playing every team twice and the bottom 2 relegated it was a disaster. I think one weekend there were mass brawls in all 4 games.

Now with the league back to 16 teams there has been less of that kind of thing and I think it's a much better system and allows teams more of a chance to build for the Championship without fear of relegation!

Hardy

I keep saying it and will continue until it becomes GAA policy - assaults on officials and spectators are far beyond a GAA disciplinary issue. They are criminal acts and a matter for the police. It must become a GAA rule that all such incidents are reported to the police of the relevant jurisdiction.

rogueryhill

Quote from: screenexile on November 14, 2011, 02:33:55 PM
Someone made a good point about the league being taken too seriously. When Derry went to an 8 team league and playing every team twice and the bottom 2 relegated it was a disaster. I think one weekend there were mass brawls in all 4 games.

Now with the league back to 16 teams there has been less of that kind of thing and I think it's a much better system and allows teams more of a chance to build for the Championship without fear of relegation!

Maybe Derry folk have just matured over the years :D Antrim have 10 team leagues, playing every team twice with 2 up/2 down for a good lock of years now and no mass brawls that I can recall. Championship is the problem in Antrim  ;D

screenexile

Quote from: Hardy on November 14, 2011, 02:37:28 PM
I keep saying it and will continue until it becomes GAA policy - assaults on officials and spectators are far beyond a GAA disciplinary issue. They are criminal acts and a matter for the police. It must become a GAA rule that all such incidents are reported to the police of the relevant jurisdiction.

Good luck to an RUC Officer going around Carrickmore trying to get witness statements is all I can say! You'd have more chance persuading Jim McGuinness to line his team out man for man!

Jinxy

It's bizarre that Tyrone posters are choosing to have a go at me rather than discuss the actual topic.
All wumming aside lads.
Look at that picture for christs sake.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

oakleafgael

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 14, 2011, 02:09:33 PM
Terrible terrible image

Not nice at all, the arsehole in the coat with the contorted face has a child of the same age.

year til sunday

disgraceful scenes, pitch closings, long bans for players and club members involved in fighting. the mentor from Carrickmore who was banned for life from ladies football involved at all?