Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quoteagent orange seen a few armagh hotheads attack ref in omagh tonight

When in Rome......
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

screenexile

Quote from: twenty one yard free on November 26, 2011, 09:18:35 AM
£300 of a fine
u have to look at the bigger fine of giving their gate next year to the charity (garvaghey) which will probably amount till about £2000-£2500

Jesus how many people go to league matches in Tyrone?? £2-£2.5k?? Not a mission the gate from a league game would amount to anything near that figure!!

twenty one yard free

Quote from: screenexile on November 27, 2011, 12:06:31 PM
Quote from: twenty one yard free on November 26, 2011, 09:18:35 AM
£300 of a fine
u have to look at the bigger fine of giving their gate next year to the charity (garvaghey) which will probably amount till about £2000-£2500

Jesus how many people go to league matches in Tyrone?? £2-£2.5k?? Not a mission the gate from a league game would amount to anything near that figure!!
you must be from about cavan any of the league games involving the top four or five teams would draw £2000 no problem

Club Rossa

Ardboe's gate receipts from the league game against Moortown this year were up near the 2 grand mark.

Radda bout yeee

Damian Harvey's award he got their recently must have went to his head - he always did think he was smarter than everyone else but now he thinks he's a top quality spin doctor!

Toughest sanctions ever???? It wasn't even the toughest sanction at that particular meeting. Kildress got the same fine and longer player suspensions for a minor incident at the end of the reserve championship final!

County board needs to take a long hard look at itself!

Sanchez

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 28, 2011, 10:06:50 AM
Damian Harvey's award he got their recently must have went to his head - he always did think he was smarter than everyone else but now he thinks he's a top quality spin doctor!

Toughest sanctions ever???? It wasn't even the toughest sanction at that particular meeting. Kildress got the same fine and longer player suspensions for a minor incident at the end of the reserve championship final!

Glad to see Kildress are finally being brought to task for years of bullying and thuggery!

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Sanchez on November 28, 2011, 10:26:00 AM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on November 28, 2011, 10:06:50 AM

Glad to see Kildress are finally being brought to task for years of bullying and thuggery!

WUM! The tones a choir boys in comparison to the magpies!

Malvinas

"It was a bit of handbags stuff. I suppose the cameras caught it?"

Radda bout yeee

Wee Roddy

Lets be having you Kenny Archer. The sports minister defended Cliftonville, saying they should be praised for their 14match unbeaten run. No one praised Carrickmore for winning 14 out of 15 league games this year!! Everyone seems to be saying that the Cliftonville football club cant be held accountable as their stewarts tried to sort it. Carrickmore committee memebers done likewise in Dunmoyle, as did Dromores.
Perhaps soccer supporters are not as bregrudging as GAA "supporters". I wonder are supporters from other clubs on forums asking for expulsion, or prominent county players asking for bans?

Jinxy

No need.
He was promptly arrested.
The law will deal with him.
Condemned by the club he supports too.
Seems like, apart from the lad himself, everyone involved has responded like responsible grown-ups should.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Wee Roddy

what about the scuffles with the stewarts?? This might ne hearsay but apparently the Belfast Telegraph has a tasty photo in it this evening. The media are playing it down , where as if it happens in a GAA match all west Brits believe what the papers say. As i said lets see what soccers finest, Kenny Archer has to say

screenexile

Well if Carrickmore and Dromore had whisked the offenders off to the Police station I'm pretty sure many would have given them a pat on the back and not have called for teams to be thrown out etc.

However that kind of thing is frwned upon in the GAA (Which I completely disagree with btw illegal behaviour is illegal behaviour in my book).

When both clubs got away virtually scot free I would have thought genuine supporters of both clubs would have been embarrassed by the incident and try to forget about it rather than bring up some unrelated soccer story about 1 rogue supporter who has since been dealt with by police!!

Wee Roddy

The police where at the game in Solitude, thats the difference, and the culprit has been realised without charge as the player he hit doesnt want to press charges.
My point is that the media as a whole do jump on all things GAA which are painted in a bad light. We do not expect an inaccurate account in the "GAA" paper tarnishing all folk because a handfull have done wrong. Carrickmore and Dromore clubs held their hands up straight away and cooperated fully with the investigation. Cliftonville did the same and they were praised for a 14 match unbeaten run. Surly someone can see why i have brought this up

Rasharkin Gael

Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on November 23, 2011, 05:04:39 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 22, 2011, 10:49:42 PM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on November 22, 2011, 09:29:16 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on November 22, 2011, 01:31:23 PM
Quote from: NaomhBridAbú on November 22, 2011, 10:19:01 AM
trouble at St Brigids game at the weekend means that there are now 3 counties with bad manners. tisk tisk...

Absolutely no comparison between a few angry supporters roaring at the ref and a man being hurt to the extent that he required surgery to reattach a part of his body.
You don't seem to get this up there.
True, there are incidents of indiscipline all over the country but the sheer level of violence in Tyrone defies belief.

go and catch yourself on - 'the sheer level of violence' - presumably you and Mike f**king sheehy have been working on a league table this last 5 years or so? Bollox. Antrim is thuggish as f**k, as is derry - maybe Tyrone find themselves in the spotlight, but in no way are they offering a level of violence, that 'defies belief'.....f**k sake

Explain the incidents making antrim "thuggish as f**k"??!! One incident this year and the odd bit of fighting - what specific examples do you have?? That club in antrim have individuals who have made them a disaster waiting to happen for years.

Rows happens in every county as it's a competitive game. Some dude got his ear bitten off though which is a step above what happens elsewhere. This is worse than what has happened almost anywhere else. Noel Donnelly's headbutt was about as bad as you would see anywhere too and then there was the ladies football thing too.

A lot of places have maniacs and obviously some of these clubs have them as no civilised human being would engage in ear biting. Your county is getting really bad press because of people such as the above and it very clearly needs something serious done about it.

There are people clearly trying to wind you up and it would appear quite an easy task to do. No reason to bring other counties into it.

The antrim games include 2 x St Johns at senior and at minor level, as well as another game involving Rasharkin. All three of which i attended. I go to quite a few games in quite a few counties, so it wasnt a remark made to slag off Antrim footballer, of which i am a supporter. It was to make the comment which you eventually ended up endorsing, which is this sort of shite happens everywhere, and  p***k

What and when was the " other game involving rasharkin"?