Bryan Cullen Joins Leinster Rugby

Started by IolarCoisCuain, September 21, 2011, 09:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpower

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 22, 2011, 10:29:34 PM
Just so we're clear. Bryan Cullen can coach Leinster 'til the cows come home. Seeing Leo Cullen execute a correct solo is personal dream of my own.

Where the problem arises is if the captain of the All-Ireland champions is used in Leinster rugby advertising. If that happens, then the Dublin Board have a problem. That's all I'm saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

I thought the world was about to end because the guy took a job. Marketing maybe an issue or will he be allowed to continue to give the dedication to his GAA? The media attention on the Dublin players will now be huge.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 22, 2011, 10:29:34 PM
Where the problem arises is if the captain of the All-Ireland champions is used in Leinster rugby advertising. If that happens, then the Dublin Board have a problem. That's all I'm saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

Somehow I can't imagine Leinster sticking one of the fitness coaches for their academy players up on billboards when they have literally a multitude of international rugby players to choose from.

cadence

can we not just be happy for the man to have a feckin' job please.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

cadence

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

deiseach

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on September 22, 2011, 03:59:51 PM
There's an interview with the Chairman of the Dublin Board in the Indo today where he says Dublin didn't have a job to give Cullen. With all the coaches they have on the books, hard to believe they couldn't find room for one more.

Why is it so hard to believe? If the Dublin County Board has a slush fund that they can dip into for this type of eventuality then that'd be the real outrage

cadence

Onion Bag

I reckon fair pay to him, he has got a fantastic job doing something that he has studied many years for and in a professional environment, im sure the money aint bad either

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 23, 2011, 02:15:40 PM
I reckon fair pay to him, he has got a fantastic job doing something that he has studied many years for and in a professional environment, im sure the money aint bad either

It's actually sh*t..
#newbridgeornowhere

John79

I don't see a problem with it at all and think it's a bit of a non story. The guys now got a job unlike a hell of a lot of people around the country.

But to go off on a tangent, will his GAA knowledge and experience not benefit Leinster rugby? On the flipside, I know of clubs who have used guest coaches from other codes to "spice up" training and does bring an extra something to training. I played college football in Britain many moons ago and we brought in a coach with an athletics background and it added more structure to fitness training and certainly beat running for what seemed like hours on end in the pissing rain. I'd be interested what others think.