9/11: Tenth Anniversary

Started by Tony Baloney, September 06, 2011, 10:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hashtag

Where was everyone on this day?

I was at school. My friend who was at home sick that day texted me and said 'A plan has hit the twin towers in New York'. I had no idea what the Twin Towers were.

Cold tea

Quote from: Hashtag on September 09, 2011, 08:09:47 AM

I was at school. My friend who was at home sick that day texted me and said 'A plan has hit the twin towers in New York'. I had no idea what the Twin Towers were.

I would have been more baffled about the plan that hit them.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Cold tea on September 09, 2011, 08:30:31 AM

;D
maybe one of hannibal's plans ;D

Hashtag

Your while craic.  ::)

Cold tea

Quote from: Hashtag on September 09, 2011, 10:24:10 AM

Your while craic.  ::)

You're wile craic yourself.

Hashtag

Naw seriously, i think you are. Will you be my....

boojangles

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 08, 2011, 01:53:08 PM
Quote from: boojangles on September 08, 2011, 12:03:09 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on September 07, 2011, 11:01:37 PM
There have been an awful lot of shows on about the terrible events of 9/11 but not one of them has asked or answered a very important set of questions. Who were the people on those planes? What was their history? Why did they do what they did? What were they hoping to achieve?  I think 10 years is long enough for people to be mature enough to ask these questions and try and understand what makes people murder 1000's of innocent people. Its is not just as simple as the brainless bush line of "they hate our freedom".

Or how two of the largest steel structures in the world at the time can crumble like a house of cards within minutes of impact? Now I'm no engineer but something never added up quite right about that day. But I guess we'll never know the truth.

There has been explanations on why/how they fell.   I am all for the conspiracy theories and would love to know the answer to alot of the questions but I doubt that anyone has a baldies regarding what should happen when two huge passenger planes crashe into two skyscrapers at around 1368 foot in height, unless they can replicate the event to prove what actually happened is any different than what did happen.

Where was the complete forensic report? Did I miss that? What about the numerous witnesses reporting the sound of explosives inside the Towers.

Bingo

Quote from: boojangles on September 09, 2011, 11:37:23 AM
There have been an awful lot of shows on about the terrible events of 9/11 but not one of them has asked or answered a very important set of questions. Who were the people on those planes? What was their history? Why did they do what they did? What were they hoping to achieve?  I think 10 years is long enough for people to be mature enough to ask these questions and try and understand what makes people murder 1000's of innocent people. Its is not just as simple as the brainless bush line of "they hate our freedom".

Or how two of the largest steel structures in the world at the time can crumble like a house of cards within minutes of impact? Now I'm no engineer but something never added up quite right about that day. But I guess we'll never know the truth.

There has been explanations on why/how they fell.   I am all for the conspiracy theories and would love to know the answer to alot of the questions but I doubt that anyone has a baldies regarding what should happen when two huge passenger planes crashe into two skyscrapers at around 1368 foot in height, unless they can replicate the event to prove what actually happened is any different than what did happen.

Where was the complete forensic report? Did I miss that? What about the numerous witnesses reporting the sound of explosives inside the Towers.

Jaysus, Boojangles there has been loads of debate on this. For every theory on it been staged there has been numerous dismissals of this. Read an article on the theories that dismissed every angle they had in quite a simple manner. Its all out there, have a read.

nrico2006

I haver read lots of reports countering the conspiracy theories.  There is a part of me that thinks that some of the conspiracy theories could have some credibility, but in relation to the towers falling how does the average joe distinguish the large sounds that would have been going on within the Twin Towers from that of explosives, especially considering the fact that there was a large inferno which was being fuelled which I would imagine would produce noises similar to explosions.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 09, 2011, 12:02:26 PM

I haver read lots of reports countering the conspiracy theories.  There is a part of me that thinks that some of the conspiracy theories could have some credibility, but in relation to the towers falling how does the average joe distinguish the large sounds that would have been going on within the Twin Towers from that of explosives, especially considering the fact that there was a large inferno which was being fuelled which I would imagine would produce noises similar to explosions.
Well this is it, is anyone really surprised that a building would collapse after being almost cut in half by a commercial airliner slamming into it laden with aviation fuel? Really? Stand on a coke can and poke the side of it and see what happens.

boojangles

Quote from: Bingo on September 09, 2011, 11:45:23 AM

Jaysus, Boojangles there has been loads of debate on this. For every theory on it been staged there has been numerous dismissals of this. Read an article on the theories that dismissed every angle they had in quite a simple manner. Its all out there, have a read.

I have read many arguments and counter- arguments which either way have not left me convinced of what actually happened.
Why the secrecy? Why destroy so much evidence? Why keep statements of witnesses secret?

Boycey

Quote from: boojangles on September 09, 2011, 12:36:35 PM
Quote from: Bingo on September 09, 2011, 11:45:23 AM

I have read many arguments and counter- arguments which either way have not left me convinced of what actually happened.
Why the secrecy? Why destroy so much evidence? Why keep statements of witnesses secret?

Have they?

BennyCake

The best one I heard was a passport belonging to one of the "hijackers" was found on the street below the WTC.  The black boxes of the planes, made of indestructible material, were never found, but a paper passport happened to survive.  Yes, that sounds plausible  ::)

Bingo

http://www.911myths.com/html/passport_recovered.html

Here is some discussion on the passport theory. I good website as well if you like that stuff.

stew

there was a conspiracy, the Muslim terrorists conspired to blow the fcuk out of the twin towers and the pentagon, if any arsehole thinks the yanks did it to themselves they are nut jobs.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.