How clean is your house kept?

Started by Orior, August 31, 2011, 09:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2011, 10:51:41 PM
Quote from: heffo on September 01, 2011, 10:13:02 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2011, 05:20:07 PM
Can't understand why anyone would hire someone to clean their house. Lazy f**kers the lot of ye if you ask me.
Unless your disabled in someway I don't see why anybody can't clean their own house.

If you got involved in your local club St Bernadettes in Neilstown to the extent some of the posters here are involved you might need a cleaner. Far better though to watch Liverpool sitting on your couch than to be involved in the GAA and not need a cleaner.

You're a bit of a dick head really aren't you.
My local club is The Harps in Durrow Co.Laois by the way.

Funny I was going to say the same thing about you.

If Durrow is indeed your local club why don't you move back there and give something back to the GAA instead of constantly moaning about Dublin.

St Bernadettes need a dig out - if you are willing to get involved in the GAA let me know.

laoislad

Quote from: heffo on September 01, 2011, 11:02:49 PM
Can't understand why anyone would hire someone to clean their house. Lazy f**kers the lot of ye if you ask me.
Unless your disabled in someway I don't see why anybody can't clean their own house.

If you got involved in your local club St Bernadettes in Neilstown to the extent some of the posters here are involved you might need a cleaner. Far better though to watch Liverpool sitting on your couch than to be involved in the GAA and not need a cleaner.

If Durrow is indeed your local club why don't you move back there and give something back to the GAA instead of constantly moaning about Dublin.

St Bernadettes need a dig out - if you are willing to get involved in the GAA let me know.

Have been involved since I was 6 but sure you know better (typical dub)but thanks for the offer anyway,I'll give Crimeline a ring to see if they have your address and phone number.
Also I know most inner city dubs like yourself leave school before the leaving cert so your geography wouldn't be the best but FYI, I live nearer to Leixlip than I do Neilstown.
Also if you have time to come on here to get so easily offended then surely you have time to give the house a quick hoover?

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2011, 11:12:16 PM

Have been involved since I was 6 but sure you know better (typical dub)but thanks for the offer anyway,I'll give Crimeline a ring to see if they have your address and phone number.
Also I know most inner city dubs like yourself leave school before the leaving cert so your geography wouldn't be the best but FYI, I live nearer to Leixlip than I do Neilstown.Also if you have time to come on here to get so easily offended then surely you have time to give the house a quick hoover?

Give Leixlip GAA a dig out instead so LL. They've always been accomodating to those who have had the misfortune to be exiled there - Jack O'Shea, John Divilly, Andrew McCann, Mike Moynihan. They also reserve their hatred for Dubliners and are far more amiable to Laois folk than other Kildare clubs like Athy, Monasterevan and Rheban.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

laoislad

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 01, 2011, 11:28:48 PM

Also I know most inner city dubs like yourself leave school before the leaving cert so your geography wouldn't be the best but FYI, I live nearer to Leixlip than I do Neilstown.Also if you have time to come on here to get so easily offended then surely you have time to give the house a quick hoover?

Give Leixlip GAA a dig out instead so LL. They've always been accomodating to those who have had the misfortune to be exiled there - Jack O'Shea, John Divilly, Andrew McCann, Mike Moynihan. They also reserve their hatred for Dubliners and are far more amiable to Laois folk than other Kildare clubs like Athy, Monasterevan and Rheban.

Sure I'm 1/4 Kildare, me gran was from Moone so I should fit in rightly. :)

heffo

but FYI, I live nearer to Leixlip than I do Neilstown.

laoislad

Quote from: heffo on September 01, 2011, 11:33:53 PM

You could have had the floors washed by the time it took you to find that picture and post it on here.

heffo

Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2011, 11:35:13 PM

You could have had the floors washed by the time it took you to find that picture and post it on here.

I already told you. I pay a cleaner to do that.

laoislad

Quote from: heffo on September 01, 2011, 11:36:21 PM
Quote from: laoislad on September 01, 2011, 11:35:13 PM

I already told you. I pay a cleaner to do that.

And I already told you I believe you and anyone else who does that is a lazy f**ker.....
Why you turned it into a Gaa and geography debate I do not know...Obsessed much?

Ulick

Quote from: cicfada on September 01, 2011, 08:46:13 PM
I am a house husband again as I am out of work again for the third time in 3 years  :(  so it is my responsibility to keep the place clean!! And to feed the 3 boys, do the school runs and cook for ourselves as well! Hard bloody  work I tell ya,  hopefully I will pick something up soon enough as my head is starting to wreck! As regards the cleaning, I would mop the floors maybe every 2 days, hoover every other day, I don't mind doing the laundry  either but ironing is a killer! Then there are the lawns, painting and general DIY shit! Thereis a toilet leaking right where the pipe coming into the room meets the s bend! I have tried silicone but it is still leaking! All sensible tips are welcome!!

Fair play to you cicfada. I've been doing it this past three months with two boys under two so I know how tough it can be. Re your  leak, you shouldn't need silicone for that kind of joint providing the pipe is going far enough into the s bend - sounds like the rubber seal on the s bend has gone, best to replace it altogether. Should only cost about a fiver in a decent suppliers.

Rois

Away ye go, whilst I shouldn't have to justify it, I work away from home a good bit and I am not too fussed on spending the time I have at home cleaning the four flippin toilets they decided to put in my house.  Who are you to judge people just because they don't see cleaning as a priority in their free time??  I am far from lazy, and on the six days that the cleaner doesn't come, I manage to make sure the house is not a pigsty. 
I imagined, being self employed, that you'd support the home services industry, rather than abuse people who choose to use the services on offer. 

irunthev

I've been a house husband for a while now. In our last house I did all the cleaning, ironing cooking everything, but we recently moved to Madrid and here it's normal to have a cleaner.

Some have cleanser who work for them full time and do the cooking shopping etc. When the wife lived here previously she had a full time maid. Now we have a cleaner 4hrs a day five days a week. I have no idea how she manages to find things to do, but she keeps herself busy. I know she's struggling when she starts to hose out the garage.

On a sad note, last week one of her friends (they are both Columbian immigrants) was working at the apartment where she cleaned and was cleaning windows inside when the ladder she was on slipped and the poor woman fell out an open window five floors to her death.

The people she worked for where on holidays and didn't think it necessary to come back for her funeral. She had worked for them for 4 years.

Some people are incredible... and they were only in Germany.. two hours on a plane.

laoislad

Quote from: Rois on September 02, 2011, 09:46:43 AM

Away ye go, whilst I shouldn't have to justify it, I work away from home a good bit and I am not too fussed on spending the time I have at home cleaning the four flippin toilets they decided to put in my house.  Who are you to judge people just because they don't see cleaning as a priority in their free time??  I am far from lazy, and on the six days that the cleaner doesn't come, I manage to make sure the house is not a pigsty. 
I imagined, being self employed, that you'd support the home services industry, rather than abuse people who choose to use the services on offer.

Ah boo hoo hoo poor you..Of course you need someone to come in and clean all of your 4 bathrooms  :D

I never asked you to justify it either,I don't care what you are anyone else spends their money on but I won't change my opinion that unless you are disabled in someway I think anyone that pays someone to clean their house is just plain lazy.
I don't really care if that opinion bothers you or anyone else.

gerrykeegan

You wait LL, kids might change your mind, they make a serious mess, its all well and good you and wifey sitting infront of the telly and a few crumbs hit the floor from your Yorkie bar, its easy to tidy up, we have two boys, and you tidy up after them about every hour or so. After your 3rd or 4th Dub child, the wife will turn to you and say, we should get a cleaner in and you will say, thats a good idea!
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

irunthev

Quote from: laoislad on September 02, 2011, 10:06:12 AM

Ah boo hoo hoo poor you..Of course you need someone to come in and clean all of your 4 bathrooms  :D

I never asked you to justify it either,I don't care what you are anyone else spends their money on but I won't change my opinion that unless you are disabled in someway I think anyone that pays someone to clean their house is just plain lazy.
I don't really care if that opinion bothers you or anyone else.

Funny the opinion here in Spain would be that there are a lot of unskilled immigrants here from South America and the work area that they find employment in is in the cleaning / nanny sector. So it is actually a very important part of the economy here.

Many are employed formally by the people they work for, they pay tax and have paid holidays etc. If people weren't prepared to employ these immigrants, then it would be an extra burden on an already crumbling state. For the most part they are hardworking and honest people, who don't always get the respect they deserve.

Our lady has said to us in the past that we treat her very well and the simple answer to that is that we treat her no differently to anyone else we know. My parents both worked as cleaners, my wife's parents both worked as cleaners and for more than ten years I worked as a cleaner. Why wouldn't I treat her with respect? She is no different from me... the only thing that separates us is a bit of good fortune.

The lady who works for us is in her mid 50s and divorced. She came to Spain 12 years ago, has six kids, 5 of whom still live in Columbia. She shares a small flat here with a daughter (who works for McDonalds) and a granddaughter. She is going back to Columbia for the first time in 6 years this Christmas and is having to pay for her ticket on an installment plan. She regularly pawns items of value in order to get by. Our giving her a job, while it is a luxury for us, makes a huge difference in her life.

Don't get me wrong, it is a pure luxury and there is no place on earth where snobbery is more alive and kicking than here in Madrid. I have seen WAG types strolling around the supermarket pointing at shelves while some pure Peruvian maid, dressed as a maid, pushes the trolley around behind here loading it up as she demands. You'd feel like kicking the WAG up the backside and telling her to have an ounce of respect for the poor woman who gets up every morning with the sole purpose of tending to your every whim..

Tony Baloney

I'm more interested in who is shitting in your toilet when you are working away so much.