All-Ireland Senior Football final - Kerry v Dublin 18/09/2011

Started by Dinny Breen, August 22, 2011, 06:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidney

Quote from: liihb on September 14, 2011, 10:16:04 AM
Takes him a f**king LONG time to get there, but he has a point....
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2011/0912/1224303944350.html

Anyone who thinks Dublins forwards are up there with Kerry's are a mile wide of the mark
Anybody who thought Armagh or Tyrone's forwards were up there with Kerry are a mile wide of the mark.

liihb

I know  ::)

Like I said, he's a bit of a w**ker, but his point is well made, the Kerry forwards generally chose the right option, even if the right option means they don't rack up big scores. I'm not so sure thats the case for the Dubs, they've improved on last year, but I still think that alot of them play for themselves (or their brother!) more so than for the team

And by the way I don't think any county has a set of forwards as good as Kerry have - surprised they left Galvin on the bench
Every time you open your mouth you have this wonderful ability to continually confirm what I think.

Zulu

Anyone who thinks Dublins forwards are up there with Kerry's are a mile wide of the mark

If I was picking a forward line from the 6 starting for Kerry and the likely 6 for Dublin, then the dubs would have at least 3 on the team.

heffo

Quote from: Zulu on September 14, 2011, 01:05:14 PM

If I was picking a forward line from the 6 starting for Kerry and the likely 6 for Dublin, then the dubs would have at least 3 on the team.

Spill Zulu - give us your breakdown!

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Zulu on September 14, 2011, 01:05:14 PM

Who, pray tell, out of Donaghy, Gooch, Darran & Declan O'Sullivan do you consider unworthy of a place on this composite team of yours? Not to mention Galvin if fit would get on any team.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

AZOffaly

That's what I was going to say.

Of course the Brogans and possibly Diarmuid Connolly, on form, would be top forwards, but if you are to match them up against their direct opposites, it'd be hard to see the Dub lads being 'better'. If I assumed Galvin was fit, and playing instead of Donnacha Walsh, then I'd be picking

Alan Brogan   Declan O'Sullivan   Paul Galvin

Colm Cooper  Kieran Donaghy  Bernard Brogan

Zulu

Paul Flynn would make my team before the highly overrated, not to mention out of form, Donaghy. Galvin isn't starting so he doesn't come into the reckoning but even if he did he hasnt done enough this year to oust flynn.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Zulu on September 14, 2011, 01:16:07 PM
Paul Flynn would make my team before the highly overrated, not to mention out of form, Donaghy. Galvin isn't starting so he doesn't come into the reckoning but even if he did he hasnt done enough this year to oust flynn.

Now you've done it. Guess who's going to score 2 goals in the final now :)

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Zulu on September 14, 2011, 01:16:07 PM

So you'd have Flynn full forward?

Zulu

No I'd have him wing forward with the two O'Sullivan's and have the brogan's and gooch inside.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Zulu on September 14, 2011, 01:23:06 PM
Paul Flynn?

You said you'd have Flynn in for Donaghy..if this is a real (albeit theoretical) forward line we're talking about, what would yours be?

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Zulu on September 14, 2011, 01:24:57 PM
No I'd have him wing forward with the two O'Sullivan's and have the brogan's and gooch inside.

He's been ok this year to be fair to him, but I still wouldn't put him in that company. Anyway, we can theorise alll we want, lets wait till Sunday to see whats what!

rrhf

A question to the dub supporters here,  what happens to their team if Brogan gets injured.  Will that be that?   

heffo

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 14, 2011, 01:12:35 PM
That's what I was going to say.

Of course the Brogans and possibly Diarmuid Connolly, on form, would be top forwards, but if you are to match them up against their direct opposites, it'd be hard to see the Dub lads being 'better'. If I assumed Galvin was fit, and playing instead of Donnacha Walsh, then I'd be picking

Alan Brogan   Declan O'Sullivan   Paul Galvin

Colm Cooper  Kieran Donaghy  Bernard Brogan

I'd agree with that.