Tottenham riots

Started by Forever Green, August 07, 2011, 02:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Quote from: screenmachine on August 10, 2011, 02:29:39 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on August 10, 2011, 01:55:21 PM
Screenmachine has a history of racist remarks....

screenmachine
Re: Islamists threaten South Park
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 11:34:23 AM »
QuoteIt must be no craic at all being a towel head...

I hope we've no Muslims on here or I could be in for a while kickin by the sounds of things...

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=16040.0

A classy individual...

I could trawl back through plenty of your posts and clearly identify you as being a grumpy d**khead but I'll not bother, I have better things to be at.

Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2011, 02:25:01 PM
If you want to find out whether the term "darkie" is offensive, there's a simple test you can apply. Walk into any pub frequented by black people and greet them as "darkies".

Walk into a pub frequented by black people and greet them as "black people" and you will probably get a similar reaction...

:D :DScreen heard the last time you called a S'neill man a Balubas you got a slap so can't see you having the balls to walk into that bar and call them anything. ;)

Bogball XV

Quote from: glens abu on August 10, 2011, 05:21:38 PM

screenmachine

I hope we've no Muslims on here or I could be in for a while kickin by the sounds of things...

A classy individual...

I could trawl back through plenty of your posts and clearly identify you as being a grumpy d**khead but I'll not bother, I have better things to be at.

If you want to find out whether the term "darkie" is offensive, there's a simple test you can apply. Walk into any pub frequented by black people and greet them as "darkies".

Walk into a pub frequented by black people and greet them as "black people" and you will probably get a similar reaction...

:D :DScreen heard the last time you called a S'neill man a Balubas you got a slap so can't see you having the balls to walk into that bar and call them anything. ;)
that'd be mistaken identity on your part Glens, there's more than one screen on here. 

glens abu

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 10, 2011, 05:30:07 PM
Quote from: glens abu on August 10, 2011, 05:21:38 PM

screenmachine

A classy individual...

that'd be mistaken identity on your part Glens, there's more than one screen on here.

Oops sorry about  :D

Hardy

We had a dog called Darkie as well. He was a vicious hoor, but not being a human being, he didn't seem to be offended by the name at all. My sister had a gollywog and you used to be able to collect sticky paper gollywogs with pots of Fruitfield marmalade. As lately as the seventies, it was acceptable to refer to nig-nogs and wogs on mainstream British TV. It's not now.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2011, 05:14:37 PM
There was a boy called Nigger who played for Derrylaughan.

Ignorance in my own youth - darky was the innocent description for a black man until well into my teens and 'catch a nigger by the toe' was a common playground rhyme, unchallenged.

They've changed that little playground rhyme to catch a tiger by the toe. Twas always 'nigger' in my day (90s) too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2011, 02:37:04 PM
You're just acting the tool, screenmachine.
He's acting?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Trout on August 10, 2011, 02:41:46 PM
I really dont like blacks, does that make me a racist?

Why do you not like black people?

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

laoislad

There is a pub in Leixlip called Darkie Moores,do you think that's the pub Hardy is on about?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Minder

We had a fella hurled for us in the 80's, early 90's and was and is still known as Nigger, not sure if it was because he was swarthy skinned or a coal man.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Going off topic wasn't Blackie Connors a good character in Glenroe.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Hardy

Quote from: laoislad on August 10, 2011, 07:21:42 PM
There is a pub in Leixlip called Darkie Moores,do you think that's the pub Hardy is on about?

The Red House. That's another pub name with an actual colour in its name. Uncanny.

laoislad

Quote from: Hardy on August 10, 2011, 08:17:00 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 10, 2011, 07:21:42 PM

The Red House. That's another pub name with an actual colour in its name. Uncanny.

The post you removed was funnier than that one.
I don't think darkie is an actual colour so it's not the same really is it.
Poor post I'd give it a 2/10
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

thejuice

Yeah, funny they don't do many Till Death Do Us Part reruns. If Alf Garnett were here today......
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Oraisteach

maddog

All quiet so far in Birmingham, hope it stays that way. Rain probably helping.