Ulster U21 Football Championship

Started by football07, March 07, 2007, 07:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

football07

Theres very little talk of any of the teams involved. We know all about Tyrone but what about Antrim or Derry. There is very little talk of them. Any updates for there game on saturday?

football07

Antrim under 21 for satrurdays match v Derry

1. C. kerr. 2dougie 3.carland 4.crossey 5.loughray 6.J.crozier 7.mc quillan 8.burke 9.oliver 10.maguire 11.o neill 12.T.mc cann 13.CJ mc gourty 14.B.hasson 15.G mc aleese
16.lyncy 17.scamper 18.murray 19.o'neil 20.sweeney 21.metre 22.donal (rasharkin) 23.gribbies
24.d harigan

What do you think?

SlimShady

i think you must be from Belfast going by the names you've put out.

dougie? Lyncy? scamper? gribbies? what the feck are you on?

METRE?! i assume is that bag of dung Meade from St Johns.

football07

Used to work in Belfast and was involved in footy there for a few years. What do you think? Have they a chance on Saturday. crozier and McGourty would walk on any team, dont know much about hte rest of them? Any talk of the derry team?

SlimShady

there are 2 St Johns men starting which is 2 too many, our boys destroyed them in the u21 final before Christmas. There should be a couple of Gort na Mona men there as well as a couple more of our lads. Kevin O'Boyle is a huge miss.

Syd The Sailor

Quote from: SlimShady on March 22, 2007, 09:05:00 AM
there are 2 St Johns men starting which is 2 too many, our boys destroyed them in the u21 final before Christmas. There should be a couple of Gort na Mona men there as well as a couple more of our lads. Kevin O'Boyle is a huge miss.

There is a big kick up in Belfast due to the number of St Johns players, Meade is about 3 stone overweight for club football never mind intercounty.....
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

SlimShady

theres only 2 of them on the team though. The 3 on the bench is a joke, anyone at the u21 final in December could tell you that there was little or no football in any St Johns player, they tried (and failed) to bully there way to a victory and were totally out-footballed in the process.

If i were the management I'd get Gerard McCann on board pronto, though he's only back training after a lengthy injury he isnt in bad shape and would be a lot more useful than most of that bench!!

football07

really couldnt tell you much about the johns players involved. Any word on the Derry team for saturday? dont have too many big established senior players from what i heard?

Brick Tamlin

Just got this off Hogan stand

Down U 21 as announced by PRO this am
1. M McAlister
2. L Howard
3. G McArdle
4. J McCarthy
5. S Parr
6. E McConville
7. K McKernan
8. J Colgan
9. J Ireland
10. B McArdle
11. J Boyle
12. E McGovern
13. C Brannigan
14. S Sands
15. P McComiskey

Cloc Mor

Fermanagh 1.15 - 0.16 Down.  Can things really get much worse?

DownFanatic

Im very shocked at that Down result. I thought we had a very good team this year. The Fermanagh manager seemed very confident in the Irish News today about his side's prospects and he must have known that he had inherited a good side this year. That means that Fermanagh will now play Monaghan in the Semi Final.

Cloc Mor

The 'God' of Down football has fucked up again.  He should resign before he ruins another team.  His training methods are out-dated and he is predictable and boring.  He stayed on too long in the Senior job and we are still paying the price.  Fall on your sword Mc Grath - there was an All Ireland in this team and you must take the blame.  This county is being turned into the laughing stock of Ulster football.  We need to move forward, not back.

The Truth

"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

DownFanatic

I have to agree in bit part with Cloc Mor, there was definitely an All Ireland quality side in the Down U-21's this year. However, I would have to say that Martin Clarke was definitely a big miss and also a lot of those Down boys have been constantly playing football for the past 2/3 years with Sigerson/Minors etc.
I would still suspect however that next years team with the right manager could go far. I think McGrath is probably best suited to club football now. His approach to a modern day is simply outdated.

fer fox ache

Derry 0-13 Antrim 1-7
Derry should have won by more, were cruising at 9-5 but kicked too many wides. antrim scored a good counter attcking goal after mcAlynn gave the ball away at midfield to make the final quarter more nervey than it need to be.
Big Friel played well at midfield and Enda Lynn looked sharp up front, the Derry defence was generally pretty solid. Was expecting more from Antrim who relied on mcGourty's freetaking to keeep them in the game.

Derry: M O'Neill; R Dillon, P O'Connell, R Scott; A McAlynn (0-1), J O'Kane, M McIver; M. Friel, B Gormley (0-1); S McNicholl (0-3, one free), C Kielt, SL McGoldrick; E Lynn (0-2), M Lynch (0-4, two frees), E Brown (0-2).
Subs: D Graffin for McNicholl, M Craig for McAlynn, S Henry for Gormley, C McGoldrick for Lynn, P McVey for McGoldrick.
Antrim: C Kerr; A McDouglas, L Carland, K. Franklin; J. Loughrey, J. Crozier, K McQuillain (0-1); S Burke, A Oliver; P Maguire, S O'Neill (0-1), T McCann (1-0); C McGourty (0-5), b Hasson, G McAleese.
Subs: R O'Neill for McAleese, K Sheerin for Maguire, D Laverty for Franklin, C Murray for Hasson.
Referee: R O'Donnell (Donegal)