Dún na nGall v Cill Dara

Started by Donnellys Hollow, July 24, 2011, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawshank

Ref shafted kildare, three up in the second half, disallows a perfect good goal, that would have put them 6 up, game over, never mind the foul 30 secs from the end in front of the goal, he thought Donegal wouldn't score you see. What a tosser of a ref, another major f**k up.

From the Bunker

Quote from: bcarrier on July 30, 2011, 09:00:22 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on July 30, 2011, 08:57:08 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2011, 08:54:01 PM
Jez, Marty Morrisey should have worn a white jersey! His commentry was all about Kildare (not Kildares fault). Kildare have been the love child of RTE for the last 2 years. had to watch extra time with the volume down.
+1
+2 McStay is as bad.

Army man, has alot of friends in the curragh!

Main Street

10/10 for excitement and guts from both teams - 2nd half onwards.
Great for Donegal to win in that manner, out for the count in extra time but got up to take the game, they found a third wind from somewhere.

ross4life

Wow what a game! i feel honoured to be there, defending at it's super scores end to end stuff. Feel sorry for kildare they gave everything but if they keep at it there will be all ireland in that team.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

TyroneRahilly

Isnt it amazing how 2 poor sides, going on today's display, could create such an exciting game. Very little skill from both teams, more a game of stamina and guts.

I'd be very confident that Tyrone will hammer donegal should we beat the dubs!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: bcarrier on July 30, 2011, 09:00:22 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on July 30, 2011, 08:57:08 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 30, 2011, 08:54:01 PM
Jez, Marty Morrisey should have worn a white jersey! His commentry was all about Kildare (not Kildares fault). Kildare have been the love child of RTE for the last 2 years. had to watch extra time with the volume down.
+1
+2 McStay is as bad.

I'm fed up with the two of them myself.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

J70

Quote from: TyroneRahilly on July 30, 2011, 09:17:35 PM
Isnt it amazing how 2 poor sides, going on today's display, could create such an exciting game. Very little skill from both teams, more a game of stamina and guts.

Were you one of the boys singing "easy, easy" after 20 minutes the last day we played you?  :D

TyroneRahilly

Quote from: J70 on July 30, 2011, 09:23:22 PM

Were you one of the boys singing "easy, easy" after 20 minutes the last day we played you?  :D

I knew that was coming lol We had serious problems with accuracy that day. Should have been a cricket score result but hey Donegal won fair and square. let's hope we meet in the semis, to settle the score! My gf is from Donegal so I kinda had to show my support to Donegal today :)

agorm

Quote from: ross4life on July 30, 2011, 09:12:02 PM
Wow what a game! i feel honoured to be there, defending at it's super scores end to end stuff. Feel sorry for kildare they gave everything but if they keep at it there will be all ireland in that team.

Are you serious? Do you really think that? There is no guarantee that kildare will improve whic they must do if they are to get any further next year.

I wanted Kildare to win but they are well off winning an All-Ireland. This year was a great opportunity to progress and they failed to do so albeit unlucky because of the disallowed goal.

Tyrones own

That remains to be seen, but in terms of football, it'll be a very dark day for our game if that shite succeeds
and heavens forbid wins an AI  :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: ross4life on July 30, 2011, 09:12:02 PM

Extra time was exciting but I thought that overall it was a poor match. Possesion was given over very easily with slack passing and a lot of the shooting was poor. Gripping enough at the end but not much of a spectacle up to that point. Not that Donegal will care!

eiled in the bushes

see mcgeeney's influence is getting through to kildare at last " take a yellow card each boys,just stop them playing" cynical to say the least.
get some metal in your life

squire_in_navy_slacks

Genuine hard luck to the kildare lads, I think the run off games caught ye in the end, that and a couple of strange subs by geezer..........................chin up lads

Dinny Breen

Very proud of the team, never gave up we just have no luck and with the amount of fluke deflections that went against us I just knew it wasn't our day. But we haven't played well this year, our midfield hasn't been great although Flynn was very good tonight and we just haven't had that creative spark in the middle third that we had in 09 and 10.

I have a feeling that might be McGeeney's last stand very non-committal after the game but we'll wait and see.

And best of luck to Donegal, showed greater hunger and defiance in extra time and just wouldn't lie down, f**k the begrudgers and drive her home.

Proud as always to be a Lily.
#newbridgeornowhere

INDIANA

Just back.

Didnt enjoy it all.

Thought it was a horrible game to watch.

God help Gaelic Football if Donegal's style proves successful.

Bad day at the office for referees again.

Kildare robbed.