An Dun v Corcaigh, Saturday 23rd July

Started by redandblackareback, July 16, 2011, 09:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redandblackareback

Quick thought!! Double header at Croke Park with Tyrone v Armagh?? Probably a long shot but would certainly draw a big crowd!

Mourne Rover

Tyrone v Armagh is a third round game which is apparently already fixed for Omagh, so if there is going to be a fourth round double bill at Croke Park it would probably have to be Down v Cork and Kildare v the losers of Derry/Donegal. If Limerick and Wexford were happy to go somewhere like Portlaoise, it could happen. However, the decision is not likely until Monday.l

redandblackareback

Quote from: Mourne Rover on July 16, 2011, 09:50:55 PM
Tyrone v Armagh is a third round game which is apparently already fixed for Omagh, so if there is going to be a fourth round double bill at Croke Park it would probably have to be Down v Cork and Kildare v the losers of Derry/Donegal. If Limerick and Wexford were happy to go somewhere like Portlaoise, it could happen. However, the decision is not likely until Monday.l

Apologies, I stand corrected, I forgot this was a 3rd round game! Surely though at Monday Lunch time the correct decision will be to take a re run of last years All Ireland Final to Croke Park!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: redandblackareback on July 16, 2011, 11:40:04 PM

Apologies, I stand corrected, I forgot this was a 3rd round game! Surely though at Monday Lunch time the correct decision will be to take a re run of last years All Ireland Final to Croke Park!
Didn't you read TYP's post?

redandblackareback

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 16, 2011, 11:49:43 PM

I did read it.. Maybe it will be like the hiding we got in last years all ireland final eh??  ::)

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: redandblackareback on July 16, 2011, 11:59:01 PM

I did read it.. Maybe it will be like the hiding we got in last years all ireland final eh??  ::)

I'd presume it'll be worse to be honest.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Tony Baloney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 17, 2011, 12:14:22 AM
Quote from: redandblackareback on July 16, 2011, 11:59:01 PM

I'd presume it'll be worse to be honest.
:D

Orangemac

If this game was in Newry you would give Down a chance but in Croke Park you would have to fancy Cork although they were flat for long spells v Kerry.

Down would need a fully fit Danny Hughes and Ambrose Rodgers also.

Cork by 3/4 points and with Mooney and Clarke gone for next year a difficult 3rd season for wee James.

norabeag

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 17, 2011, 12:15:38 AM
Was that the final that Down had never lost before?

They actually only played that final once so how could they have lost it before ;)

whitegoodman

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 17, 2011, 12:15:38 AM
Was that the final that Down had never lost before?

At least next week will provide a reality check after the tough route to the fourth round.

What age are u??

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

This is getting fecking annoying. I can't get TV3 >:(

Square Ball

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 17, 2011, 02:04:12 PM
This is getting fecking annoying. I can't get TV3 >:(

Nor can I, ack well will have to go to the bar to watch it
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

NP 76

Quote from: 45 on July 17, 2011, 06:59:45 PM
Where will it be played?
Heard Portlaois mentioned last night coming out of the game at 7 o clock live on tv3