Armagh v Wicklow

Started by bennydorano, June 26, 2011, 08:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: onefaircounty on July 12, 2011, 10:40:13 AM
MOR seems he will never finish a game regardless of how he plays, fair play to Mackin - been really good this year. Murtagh is not this level but he doesn't deserve abuse.
I agree wholeheartedly. Though I seem to be in a minority of 1 in thinking his treatment on Saturday was worse than anything posted here.

Fuzzman

Quote from: Armaghgael on July 11, 2011, 11:36:36 PM
Can you post a link for the highlights if possible please? Cheers

Sorry I meant I had recorded the Sunday game on Sky+ and watched it last night
Is it not on the RTE website?

What happened McKeever? How long is he out for?
Mackin and Clarke looked to have good games but it's hard to say with such short highlights.

So nobody knows who the large guy was who keep running down the steps and looked like he was gonna jump into the field? He did it after both Wicklow goals and wondered was he raging a free out wasn't given?

naka

Is mc keever  definitely out?

ardchieftain

I'm still disgusted by the 1st half performance on saturday. No disrespect to Wicklow but we should be beating a team of their ilk quite handily, especially on our home patch. The body language of the players nearly shocked the life out of me.

The positives to take from the game are that we now have the option of Mal Mackin at full forward and Johnny Hanratty could well be a huge step towards mending our midfield woes. Young Mcparland also showed well.

The huge worry is that in the 1st half the only leader we had was McKeever and now that he is out, have we got the players to stand up and take the responsibility.

I can't understand why M. O'Rourke keeps getting subbed, it's mind boggling. He shows for the ball and is an excellent passer but i get the feeling that he is a confidence player and he is being done no favours from management in that regard.

If, and it is a big IF, we get past Wickla we have the dream draw as far as i'm concerned. Beating the enemy in their own back yard would make my year.

I still think management are holding this group of players back but there is nothing to be done about that this season unfortunately

gerry

a few not taking the weekends result to well then

Police reporting trouble in the Friary Road and Killylea Road areas in Armagh
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Shortso79

Heard reports that the aughrim's capacity has been reduced to 5,000 - health and safety reasons

Going to head down on saturday

hopefully Armagh will get a decent crowd going down - Wicklow had great support last saturday

armaghniac

QuotePolice reporting trouble in the Friary Road and Killylea Road areas in Armagh

Probably caused by elements taunting them about losing the Battle of Aughrim (among others)!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

drici

TacadoirArdMhacha

I take then that there are no seated tickets?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

All of a Sludden

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 13, 2011, 03:17:04 PM
I take then that there are no seated tickets?

I take it you have never been to Aughrim?
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

armaghniac

Let's hope that Páirc Ui Bhroin doesn't turn out as Páirc na mBrón for Armagh!

Weather will probably be showery, unlike today.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Feckitt

I missed the match last weekend, but I keep hearing and reading that an attempt by J Clarke was the greatest goal never scored, yet it didn't appear on The Sunday Game, UTV or BBC.  No highlights on armagh website either.

Anyone know of any other clips?

mountainboii

Quote from: Feckitt on July 13, 2011, 04:52:47 PM
I missed the match last weekend, but I keep hearing and reading that an attempt by J Clarke was the greatest goal never scored, yet it didn't appear on The Sunday Game, UTV or BBC.  No highlights on armagh website either.

Very disappointed not to see this again as well. Would love just to be able to accurately count the number of men he beat, was at least six.

ONeill

Quote from: Feckitt on July 13, 2011, 04:52:47 PM

Surely that was McDonnell in 2003.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.