Battle of the Boyne III

Started by All of a Sludden, June 12, 2011, 06:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangemac

Surely the outcome of this game is a formality.

Louth 2 points up last minute,big Joe takes a dive, penalty given, big Joes penalty hits crossbar, Graham Geraghty follows up with diving header.

Cue tear gas.

Jinxy

It better not be in Drogheda.
I like having 4 wheels on my car.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on June 12, 2011, 11:10:55 PM

I'd you down as a Reliant man.
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on June 12, 2011, 11:10:55 PM

You obviously dont live in Navan then so

Jinxy

Some minor adjustments of the standard referees uniform may be required.

thejuice

Well God help us all. I think we'll need NATO in to prevent any humanitarian atrocities. After all the country has been through since the recession I'm not sure it can take another one of these.

Time is of the essence, Paud O'Donoghue's fire will burn late in to the night and we will march once again into battle. We must quell this troublesome wee foe from across the Boyne once and for all*

(*.................until next year's league)
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Jinxy

Does this count as a replay?

rrhf

What a great tie, I don't think we could ask for more.  Game of the year in store

Jinxy

I bet they dig their heels in and demand the game is played in Drogheda.
It'd be just like them.  >:(

TacadoirArdMhacha

Sunday Game suggested that Drogheda wouldn't be an option as the capacity was a mere 4,000. Parnell Park or even Newry would appear most likely then. Real pity if Louth have to cede home advantage.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Jinxy

If Louth had home advantage against anyone else they would be playing the game in Navan.
Thus, and hence, I think it is only right that the game be played in Navan.
We'll even let them use the home dressing-room.
Can't say fairer than that.

ross4life

This thread should be renamed battle of the Boyne II
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

DB_An_Mhi

Multiply 15-20 quid by the incremental increase in attendance figures and that will be too much lolly for Louth CB to resist. Otherwise they would indeed dig their heels in and hold the match in Drogheda. Can imagine how hostile an atmosphere that would be for our players. Like going to play in Turkey or somewhere. It would be a real shame if anyone who wants to attend this match loses out, as a result of a limited capacity. Even if Battle of the Boyne is on prime time TV.

Jinxy

Reaction to the qualifier draw on the streets of Drogheda.

DB_An_Mhi

I can see the BBC sending their north african and middle east correspondents to this one.